StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Alpha Filter based on Ron Groenke Visions V<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #146664
Ignore sandjco
2/20/2019 7:35:03 PM

Thank you all! I am grateful!

So, when Snappyfrog says
My picks for 2/21/19 from my optionable list and "g5" equals 100:

That means gold52 and gold20 are = 100 then.

And "wait for green" while not related here...that means close > close 1 day ago? (just so I know what that "term means").

Thanks again!

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #146665
Ignore SAFeTRADE
2/20/2019 8:19:45 PM

My picks for 2/21/19 from my optionable list and "g5" equals 100:

That means gold52 and gold20 are = 100 then.

Not necessarily because they are two different time frames they may be the samr at times but not always.
Look at the table view in relation to different stocks and back in time.

And "wait for green" while not related here...that means close > close 1 day ago? (just so I know what that "term means").

Yes.

Thanks again!

Hope that helps

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #146672
Ignore Cheese
2/21/2019 10:14:09 AM

SAFeTRADE

The 6th line of your 2/20/2019 12:48:18 PM filter shows the following code:
set{fda20, close / ma(50)}

Should it be?
set{fda20, close / ma(20)}

Thanks for double checking.

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #146673
Ignore SAFeTRADE
2/21/2019 11:27:26 AM

Good eye cheese. Thank you for catching that as that is used in the gold20 calcs. So we would be using
incorrect data. I do appreciate eyes on my coding. Thank you for taking the time to go over the code.

Safetrade

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #146682
Ignore nibor100
2/21/2019 5:44:18 PM

@SAFeTRADE,

a. Once you've read the black box book, please let me know if it has substantial added new material compared to his Cash for Life book. If so I'll probably order the Kindle version for a couple dollars more, so I can search thru the text with copy and paste, etc.

b. I will only be doing the 21 day sw trial also, I have no current intent to subscribe to his service as I don't dabble in Options yet.

Thanks,
Ed S.

pwlovely
3 posts
msg #146683
Ignore pwlovely
2/21/2019 7:56:54 PM

How would you modify to catch the V when the second leg is ascending or descending, say 25%

pwlovely
3 posts
msg #146684
Ignore pwlovely
2/21/2019 7:59:20 PM

How would you modify to catch the second leg of the V as it is ascending or descending, say 30% rise or fall

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #146686
Ignore SAFeTRADE
2/21/2019 10:44:07 PM

pwlovely I am not sure I understand your question. The best I can do right now is to say the 20 week numbers change the calculation of the tai indicator. The buy limit or bl also changes. So you have a buy limit for the 52 week and the 20 week. When you look at the charts you can see the relationship of
one to the other. Not only the buy limit but there is also new pointc and pointb. One for the 52 week and one for the 20 week. It is my opinion that the V continues to expand as the price moves up. With
stockfetcher there is no method to draw the V as it is drawn with the Visions V software. It is possible however after looking at the charts with pointb and pointc and bl drawn to see the V or approximate
area of where the V should be. The mind has a way of picking that up. I do not know if that
answered your question but this is my best effort.

Safetrade

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #146687
Ignore nibor100
2/22/2019 10:28:01 AM

@pwlovely,

1. Could you explain what exactly you mean by second leg? is it one side or the other of the Visions V drawing or is it the next full drawing of the Visions V as time progresses forward? or something else?

2. As I understand the rendering of the Visions V based on my copy of the Groenke Show Me the Money book is:

To draw the V properly you first determine today's 52 week hi and 52 week lo and use them to calculate points B and C for today. (B will be 3/8(52wkhi-52wklo)+52wklo) and (c will be 1/8(52wkhi-52wklo)+52wklo) and position them on your chart.

Then to get the starting point of the Visions V you go back 49 days in the past and plot a starting point at the value of today's 52 week low (so the starting point of the V can often be based on a value that occurs after the date on which that point is drawn). The total V drawing is supposed to cover 50 days of trading.

Currently it appears that SF language doesn't have the commands in order to have a filter draw the Visions V on a chart and the Groenke sw does have that abiltiy.

3. Note that tomorrow's and any future day's B and C endpoints of the V will not change from today's values unless either the 52 week high or 52 week low changes which would then affect the calculation for both B and C.

If the 52 week low changes then the starting point for the V will also change.

The current price of the stock being charted usually has no impact on the drawing of the Visions V unless it is either a new 52 wk high or 52 wk low.

4. The chart below shows both how the value of price would have no effect on some days and recently has had an effect on the calculations of the B and C endpoints for the Vs.

Ed S.

Fetcher[
apply to symlist (ftxp)
show stocks where high reached a new 52 week high

draw high 52 week high
draw low 52 week low

chart-time is 2 weeks
]

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #146688
Ignore nibor100
2/22/2019 10:35:00 AM

Did any of you notice that when we run SAFeTRADE's latest Visions V filter that SF limits the Dow 30 to just 29 stocks?

Apparently SF is excluding DowDupont Inc., DWDP from its Dow 30 list for some reason....maybe we should get rebates :)

Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Alpha Filter based on Ron Groenke Visions V<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.