StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Weinstein Filters<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #149422
Ignore karennma
modified
10/26/2019 9:53:18 AM

@ roca 1018
" I am unclear what relevance Trump has to this discussion."
Regards
Rich
=========================================================

I made my point perfectly clear.
Anybody with a snail brain can google the reference or look at the charts.
If you don't "get it", then, you don't "get it".

Edit:
And, BTW, Mac already said, Guppy is the best thing going ... and it is.
Weinstein vs. Guppy? No comparison!
That's pretty obvious.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #149423
Ignore karennma
modified
10/26/2019 9:59:51 AM

Mactheriverrat
2,120 posts
msg #149413
- Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified 10/25/2019 4:12:19 AM
@chesse
I remember Mac too pumping weinstein's book .
Sorry if people wasted their money because of me. That's not says Weinstein's book is bad.
It too lagging for me. I've been using Guppy MMA's and I like them more.

======================================

It does lag.
IMHO, Guppy is easier and faster.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #149424
Ignore karennma
10/26/2019 10:36:03 AM

Frankly,
This run is getting long in the tooth.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149426
Ignore Cheese
10/26/2019 1:37:56 PM

karennma 10/26/2019 10:36:03 AM
Frankly,
This run is getting long in the tooth.
================================================================

karennma,

I just want to ask for clarification: Are you referring to the current US stock market bull run
getting a bit long in the tooth?

you are sF no. 5 and certainly a well respected member with many good calls,
so you may have insights about the following thoughts from outside of this forum:

1. There is a recent volume surge in odd lots buyers, perhaps because some brokerage firms
now allow fractions of shares and no commission. In general the timing of "retail"
ma and pa is usually wrong (buy near the top, sell near the bottom.)

2. There is usually some maneuvering among brokers and dealers to drive down prices
in the short run around this time and buy back later cheaper to get bigger Christmas bonuses.
To be rewarded, their performance has to be better than the auto-pilot market runs.

What do you think? Always want to know of your views. Thanks.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149428
Ignore Cheese
10/26/2019 1:52:27 PM

I am unclear what relevance Trump has to this discussion.
Regards
Rich
================================================

@roca1018

I am a very average and perpetual student of the markets but my understanding is that
market volatility has markedly increased with wider use of bots reacting to the frequent twitterdoms. .
Therefore, WEEKLY WMA(30) or DAILY WMA(150) may be too lagging and may no longer work
like they had for Weinstein in 1988.

WDIK

Mactheriverrat
3,130 posts
msg #149429
Ignore Mactheriverrat
10/26/2019 1:58:00 PM

Roger that karennma.

Sorry if I got anyone to go on a wild goose chase.

Guppy is by far better but you have to watch both groups.

nibor100
1,008 posts
msg #149431
Ignore nibor100
10/26/2019 4:46:11 PM

Can someone post some evidence of this "lag" for the Weinstein approach vs no lag for the Guppy approach?

a. Also, if one is using Guppy in a non-standard fashion, to reduce lag, please include those details; as points of entry defined in Guppy's book and what I suspect are being used by various SFers are probably very different and clearly could "eliminate lag" but also not be as statistically effective as Guppy's intended approach.

b. Secondly, assuming we are all referring to lag in entering Weinstein Stage 2 trades and that following the Guppy method gets you into those particular stocks earlier, please show how often that Guppy approach gets you into stocks that don't end up ever getting into Weinstein Stage 2.

c. Or explain it in more detail using your own methods,

Thanks,
Ed S.

Mactheriverrat
3,130 posts
msg #149432
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
10/27/2019 4:35:16 AM

Guppy daily chart

Weinstein weekly chart

roca1018
163 posts
msg #149434
Ignore roca1018
10/27/2019 7:12:11 AM

Karenna,

Good luck following his calls. I find it difficult to fathom the number of bright people who blindly
accept the constant bullshit that he espouses. It is actually quite simple to understand him if you
step back for a moment. He relies on PROJECTION and variations of the same play as he leads the country into the abyss.

Rich

xarlor
553 posts
msg #149439
Ignore xarlor
10/27/2019 3:23:28 PM

I don't know. The way I interpreted it:

Using Weinstein on the weekly is for investors, i.e. long term holds 6+ months.
Using Weinstein on the daily is for traders - less than 6 months.

If you do Weinstein daily and Guppy daily, you can see the entry for both is the exact same day for RGLY.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Weinstein Filters<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.