StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is this a Dead Cat Bounce?<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51235
Ignore nikoschopen
4/20/2007 2:33:19 AM

How's this for a change? Solely based on prices alone, could this be a likely scenario?

(StockFetcher personnels should note that, as I have already pointed out in the SF 2.0 comment thread, SF 2.0 platform doesn't support "chart expansion" that's necessary to extend the channel lines into the distant future to make projections.)

cello13
88 posts
msg #51236
Ignore cello13
modified
4/20/2007 3:25:39 AM

My parameter for MACD-H are 8,4,9. Have a look at it on monthly chart... I know, the month not over yet, but there is a big difference between RSI(2) of the last high to the new high now. Has anybody the New-High-New-Low-Index available? Maybe that could give us an idea, if the upmoves have a strong background or not...

By the way.. if I understand the interpretation of Spinning Tops in the right way, this where a bearish sign after the long white candle we had 3 sessions before....

Any other ideas?

cello13
88 posts
msg #51244
Ignore cello13
4/20/2007 9:55:20 AM

Seems as if Riggs was right this time :-(

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #51245
Ignore petrolpeter
4/20/2007 9:56:55 AM

Good call on 'another block up' RIGGS. Options related they are saying.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51246
Ignore nikoschopen
4/20/2007 10:11:49 AM

Since it clearly opened way above yesterday's close, now we just need this damn beast to close below previous day's close and we just might get our key reversal day, after all.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #51247
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
4/20/2007 11:08:54 AM

Wow...this is one weird market! So much bad in the world, therefore, more reasons than I can count, as too why the market should fall. I have never seen anything like this before. Does anyone know WHY this is happening?...because for the first time in my professional life, I'm at a loss.

- RIGGS -

cello13
88 posts
msg #51248
Ignore cello13
4/20/2007 11:23:25 AM

Funny! S&P 500 stopped @ 1482. Seems to be next resistance. Have a look at hourly chart... There is a strong support at 1470/1473...

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51250
Ignore nikoschopen
4/20/2007 12:16:31 PM

"Funny! S&P 500 stopped @ 1482. Seems to be next resistance. Have a look at hourly chart... There is a strong support at 1470/1473..."

That where prices invariably meet the upper trendline.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51251
Ignore nikoschopen
4/20/2007 12:27:28 PM

"Wow...this is one weird market! So much bad in the world, therefore, more reasons than I can count, as too why the market should fall. I have never seen anything like this before. Does anyone know WHY this is happening?...because for the first time in my professional life, I'm at a loss."

It's called déjà vu. You might want to revisit the days of "irrational exuberance" just prior to the spectacular fall of the Nasdaq back in March 2003. The only answer I can give is that history repeats itself and, more specifically, stupidity repeats itself. But then again, they say market is always right.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #51253
Ignore karennma
4/20/2007 4:38:38 PM

WALLSTREETGENIUS 4/20/2007 8:08:54 AM
Wow...this is one weird market! So much bad in the world, therefore, more reasons than I can count, as too why the market should fall. I have never seen anything like this before. Does anyone know WHY this is happening?...because for the first time in my professional life, I'm at a loss.
- RIGGS -
================================================================================

This reminds me of the Nasdaq bubble 7 yrs. ago. I remember in March 2000, I was still in techs. Jim Cramer was on TV as if the party would never end. A friend of mine told me, "you should've gotten out by now".
That's how I'm feeling about THIS market.
I've BEEN OUT since February.
Something's NOT right.
I believe the media is corrupt and the gov't is corrupt.
Have the markets now become so corrupt, they make no sense?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is this a Dead Cat Bounce?<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.