StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is this a Dead Cat Bounce?<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up
lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #50710
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
3/28/2007 3:26:06 PM

Bernanke appears to be clueless...

"Despite the recent weak readings, we expect business investment in equipment and software to grow at a moderate pace this year," Bernanke said....

....don't get me started on Bernanke.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #50711
Ignore nikoschopen
3/28/2007 4:17:00 PM

While the problem might rest with Bernanke, the capricious market participants are the real culprit in the making. They'll cheer for Bernanke as a whiz child one moment sending the market up to the stratosphere, then they'll quickly reverse course by mocking him for being an overcooked moron with no clothes and push the market down the cliff. By the next day, however, the market will recant its previous doom and gloom scenario and shout "Oh, no, inflation is tame and the housing crisis was completely overblown." So the ensuing rally is credited to Bernanke & Co. again after all.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #50731
Ignore karennma
3/29/2007 5:15:35 PM

After reading numerous newsletters from various market "gurus", I've come to ONE conclusion ....
NO ONE can "predict" where the market is going. A top is now not a "top" but a correction, a drop is now a retracement, an overextension becomes resistance, oversold becomes support. ... blah dee blah dee blah ...
HECK!!
Who knows the future?
NO ONE!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #50738
Ignore nikoschopen
3/30/2007 10:49:19 AM

After whining and dining on the bad karma of housing bust, Yahoo Finance headline reads "Consumer, Construction Spending Rise", the largest amount in 11 months, which should dispel some of the concerns about the health of the economy.

Hence everything is fine and dandy for now. Well, until another story comes out to redefine what is "health of the economy". So the schizophrenic frenzy of push and pull between the market wizards with no teeth and their naysayers shall continue unabated. I think their all morons, but who am I to say this!?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #50740
Ignore nikoschopen
3/30/2007 11:35:18 AM

And then there's the Chairman the squeezer. As you may recall, at the height of the Internet stocks gone haywire, Greenspan feverishly increased the interest rates. But even when this money-generating mad cow fell seriously ill and manifested signs of collapsing, Greenspan kept on squeezing the milk to its last drop. By the time he realized that he had gone too far and started to drastically reverse course, much of the damage was already done. Yup, the mad cow disease had taken root.

retired
28 posts
msg #50764
Ignore retired
3/30/2007 9:31:44 PM

The markets have always risen and fallen. The markets will always rise and fall. Therefore stocks will also rise and fall. Even on grey tuesday some stocks were rising while the dow tumbled. I bought and sold stocks the same day at profit as many others did also.

Too much analyzing.

Retired.....

Niagara
49 posts
msg #50765
Ignore Niagara
3/30/2007 11:03:16 PM

Could it be that money is flowing into the market because of April 15 and the pension funding cutoff date, to be followed by continued dropoff.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #50766
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
3/31/2007 12:20:43 AM

Silly traders....the market is dead! I told you all to "get to higher ground" until I tell you the world is safe again!

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #50767
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/31/2007 12:25:50 AM

Koronbock 3/26/2007 6:05:42 AM

"Don't try to predict the market. I don't think anybody has ever been able to predict the market on a consistent basis. Even the "mighty Riggs" has failed miserably. So why wast time and energy. The market is telling you every day what you should do. Just listen."

ROFLMAO!!!! What a blockhead....lol

- GENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #50768
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/31/2007 12:38:11 AM

karennma
- Ignore karennma 3/29/2007 2:15:35 PM

After reading numerous newsletters from various market "gurus", I've come to ONE conclusion ....
NO ONE can "predict" where the market is going. A top is now not a "top" but a correction, a drop is now a retracement, an overextension becomes resistance, oversold becomes support. ... blah dee blah dee blah ...
HECK!!
Who knows the future?

Me...that's who! The answer to this threads big question is real simple. It's right in front of your faces...and it all has to do with "short selling!" Hey, why don't we get Mark Crisp to share a little on this subject....LOL

- THEMIGHTYONE -

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is this a Dead Cat Bounce?<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.