StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · This might be impossible<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 >>Post Follow-up
Mansor
78 posts
msg #152324
Ignore Mansor
5/25/2020 2:39:43 PM

Been away for a week, CLSK did hit $3 level last week, I don't know if anyone here captured those gains.

Mansor
78 posts
msg #152354
Ignore Mansor
5/28/2020 9:22:23 AM

torc is finally up in premkt today on pr related to covid 19.

kossvet
147 posts
msg #152356
Ignore kossvet
5/28/2020 2:09:10 PM

TRVI is the next one on the docket.
Will start accumulating today at close.

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #152364
Ignore JoeyVinyl
5/29/2020 12:10:53 PM

@kossvet

There's a lot that I still don't know about trading and investing, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when you said, "The stock generally will back and fill for the next week or two." what did you mean by 'back and fill'? Everything else in that statement made sense to me but this one leaves me scratching my head.

"Xarlor's original filter leads you to the water, but most are afraid to drink(including myself), because the stock has risen dramatically already."
This comment is so true. I'm always afraid to jump in on a stock that has shot up in one day. I know some will continue to rise the next day but I've seen too many that drop back down. Maybe not to where they were before they shot up, granted, but jumping in on a high then losing money is not my idea of a good time. If I had the patience to follow them for a few days and see what they do they might turn out to be good deals, but I don't.

kossvet
147 posts
msg #152365
Ignore kossvet
5/29/2020 2:58:30 PM

Joevinyl
You first need to determine what type trader you are.
Daytrading is not for me, you need to be very disciplined
Using a chart to daytrade is just that. In an out, do not hold.
As for me,I use charts to determine direction.
I don't expect I'll be 100% correct on any given day.
For me I try to accumulate a postion over a set number of days.
I'm trying to catch the larger move if I can.
Xarlors filter is very well written, I just tweaked it a bit.
The jury is still out if I have done it better.
I have watched my postions go from exciting to agony over several days.
I am still holding all my plays, except ontx, and clsk. I sold both for a small loss.
My other holdings are profitable, and outweigh my 2 losses.
Backing and filling is when a stock is being accumulated.
It will bring in new buyers( such as myself) who don't plan on selling that day.
It will also chase daytraders out of the stock, because there is very little gain to be had.
All in all the chart will show a consolidation pattern.
The longer the consolidation pattern, the better I like.
That is what Xalors filter ferrets out.
I have tried to get a trader in ahead of the ascent.
Hence, this is why I stated you will be getting involved 1-2 weeks ahead of the expected rise.
This is where patience is a virtue, I am so inclined.
If your a daytrader, don't use my filter.
There are many excellent filters on this forum.
I will say, there are many many decent traders on this forum, who are a wealth of education and help.
Robert

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #152376
Ignore JoeyVinyl
5/30/2020 1:38:38 PM

@kossvet

Thank you. I have been doing some version of long term investing for about 15 years but it's only been a couple of years since I decided to learn more about it. Currently I do both swing trading and day trading. You are right about needing to be disciplined to do day trading. I don't have much to start with so I have to be careful about the PDT rule and keeping my trades quite small with hard stops. I'm up a whopping $3 since starting out a month ago and I'm okay with that. It's not a way to get rich quick.

I've learned that price action and sometimes patterns on a chart are the best for day trading, but I do use filters here to help me find candidates for swing trading. Xarlor is definitely one of the best filter writers here these days. I'll have to take another look at that filter.

Nobody
404 posts
msg #152406
Ignore Nobody
6/1/2020 4:52:09 PM

I like using the MFI as confirming tool... I assume you're waiting for it to drop some

Nobody
404 posts
msg #152407
Ignore Nobody
6/1/2020 4:53:57 PM

Can we set up filter to find the chart setup on APRIL 8th-10th....

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #152410
Ignore nibor100
6/1/2020 6:13:27 PM

@nobody,

I believe Kossvet is buying TRVI not TRVN, so he might not be waiting for TRVN to do anything....

Ed S.

kossvet
147 posts
msg #152414
Ignore kossvet
6/1/2020 9:00:51 PM

Holdings update:
18k GNPX average price 2.38 MKT Value $50,940 Cost Basis $42,840

10k TRIL average price 6.05 MKT Value $77,770 Cost Basis $60,500

10K TORC average price 1.89 MKT Value $20,200 Cost Basis $18,900

10K UAVS average price 1.30 MKT Value $14,400 Cost Basis $13,300

10k PTI average price 1.55 MKT Value $14,200 Cost Basis $15,500

9k ISEE average price 4.09 MKT Value $36,180 Cost Basis $36,810

3k TRVI average price 2.97 MKT Value $10,200 Cost Basis $8,910

New candidate is POAI. I will be starting my accumulation starting tomorrow.
I'm roughly up 27k over 5 weeks or 14%. I'm still waiting on one of these stocks to explode upward significantly.
I will capture my original investment, and let the profits ride.
I'm trading with a 350K account.
I do not want to max it out.
I'm going to post new candidates from the filter, but I might not trade all of them.
I will highlight if I plan on investing in these candidates.
Robert

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · This might be impossible<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.