StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #153076
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
7/13/2020 3:03:38 AM

Yes I like the EMA 5 cross EMA 13 but I'm always looking for a better mouse trap.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153088
Ignore sandjco
7/14/2020 8:16:41 AM

@Mac
yep, hard to resist! curious...how would you define a "better mouse trap"? truly a sincere question as I thought when i ran into rsi2, it was a damn fine trap!

right now, my mindset is trying to be focused on being able to catch any medium to big sized ones consistently. I don't care if i missed them yesterday or the day before. TSLA would be a good example where a $6 contract traded up to $600 in less than 3 weeks.

thanks for dropping by Mac and as always, grateful for what I have learned from you!

svtsnakebitn
150 posts
msg #153091
Ignore svtsnakebitn
7/14/2020 10:34:47 AM

glad to see others are looking at SPCE - I've been accumulating long dated calls on this one for a while. Looking for a breakout above this resistance level.

ron22
255 posts
msg #153095
Ignore ron22
7/14/2020 1:17:24 PM

@sandjco, Thank you for your informative and helpful post. I have been switching back and forth between support/resistance set ups, looking for pullbacks, Guppies, and BB Squeeze. I jump around too much from filter to filter and from indicator to indicator. I am working on this mental problem. I generate my watchlist from ideas on SF as well as TSLA, FANG etc. Lastly, you and Mac made me realize that I have been too lazy. I have been exiting Guppies when the Guppy signal turned to sell. I did not consider accumulating until the stock goes back up. The negative for me is that I only buy equities in my IRA. Accumulating stocks on the way down is like scaling in on downtrend. This could result in a a bad risk/reward ratio for me. I guess that I should learn how to buy call options like you more savvy traders.
This post is addressed to sandjco but I invite Mac or anyone else to comment.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153096
Ignore sandjco
modified
7/14/2020 2:36:16 PM

@ron
hope I didn't give you the wrong impression about buying on the way down! Not a good idea generally speaking!

I found with the rsi2 and trading it as close to mechanically when I started using ETFs was pretty good in a rising market. however, should prolongated headwinds hits...you can find yourself in deep dodoo.
https://stockfetcher.com/forums/Stock-Picks/A-Newbie-s-Journey/136535/10

four and pthomas215 were huge in making me "think" thru my trading plan and the XIV meltdown (while I was fortunate enough to escape from it with just scratches) absolutely opened my eyes.

trading in your IRA does not need to be a bad thing actually. My retirement account suffers minimal churn and have provided the most consistent returns over time from just simply buying and holding. I do not "trade" them at all. The newer retirement accounts I have, I trade using (loosely) Guppies.

While the 3+ year returns on the trading account look "sexy" due to options; I am NOT certain how long the consistency would last as the $$ amount traded per position size increases as I would assume that it will, for sure, impact the psyche.

I am by NO means options savy; I will be the first to tell you that I do not know by geeks! If anything, I think position sizing and the guts (maybe stupidity) to play ball has so far been working like picking up calls when crap hit in the 1st few hours this morning and closing them at x% gains.

One of the most important thing I realized from being here is that I cannot try to like "xyz" trader or need the secret sauce used by "xyz" system to be successful. I need to find out who "me" was in the trading game (e.g. a person may fancy wanting to be a "trader"...but they may be to picky in wanting to precisely pick tops and bottoms that they miss the gains or that they may be risk averse).

Sorry...a bit long winded but just sincerely wanting to make sure no one misunderstands what I was trying to help with!

@snake...good luck! no wonder I cant get filled easily..you've been bidding as well! jk.

ron22
255 posts
msg #153113
Ignore ron22
7/14/2020 9:50:29 PM

@sandjco, I understand that buying on the way down is dangerous and I rarely if ever do it. You are right that everyone needs to find their own style that works for them.
TRO said it best, "It is not what you trade , but how you trade it."

Good Trading!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153114
Ignore sandjco
7/14/2020 10:43:53 PM

@ron
Yep! The "art" in trading...

Interesting day today...opened crap and closed strong - opposite of yesterday. This rocket ship just doesn't seem to want to take a breather....

May all your fills be profitable!

svtsnakebitn
150 posts
msg #153143
Ignore svtsnakebitn
7/16/2020 11:34:36 AM

SPCE clearing the overhead resistance. This thing could be... a rocket ship!!!!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153164
Ignore sandjco
7/16/2020 3:31:55 PM

@snake
LOL...we got some headwinds to blast thru before I can get excited. We might see some back filling now and then.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153174
Ignore sandjco
7/17/2020 10:19:45 AM

@svt..
Yo snake...congrats! Maybe see u in Mars! LOL

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.