StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up
svtsnakebitn
150 posts
msg #153177
Ignore svtsnakebitn
modified
7/17/2020 11:03:05 AM

I feel like the crop duster pilot in Independence Day lol

Hello boyyyys... I'm baaaaaaaack

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153191
Ignore sandjco
7/17/2020 8:06:29 PM

@snake...
ummm....wasn't he the guy who got his bum ummm...? we don't want that lol

svtsnakebitn
150 posts
msg #153192
Ignore svtsnakebitn
7/17/2020 9:19:56 PM

lol that already happened after the drop from 38

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153193
Ignore sandjco
7/17/2020 10:57:48 PM

@snake...
Oh..got it...well, I do hope the next ride is gonna blast em till kingdom come!

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #153194
Ignore Mactheriverrat
7/18/2020 2:55:43 AM

Good Catch on SPEC!!!!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153195
Ignore sandjco
modified
7/18/2020 9:39:48 AM

@Mac..thanks! Hope you were able to get a seat and managed to make some $$$; you've been a huge help not only in my journey but also with others!

Huge appreciation to what JP did; all those posts (19,000+)...with zero expectations...

Timbr it did...

The dysfunctional market (or maybe it was us for assuming) continues to motor on. MRNA announced promising developments and Ms. Mkt held its ground. QQQ have de-coupled from how SPY and DIA have reacted to the "pandemic". It has to the point now that it seems like there has been COVID news fatigue. 14M cases worldwide; we got 3M. Brazil and India round up the top 3. Also interesting theories floating around - vaccine = trace element = control = the new big boy tool.

Big tech earnings coming up...NFLX announced. Subscriber beats but outlook apparently weakens for the 2nd half of the year. Sell on news...yawn.

QQQ's

SPOO's

DIA

Upcoming macro event worth watching - elections! let the mud slinging begin!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153224
Ignore sandjco
modified
7/20/2020 10:34:52 PM

"The object of life is NOT to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane" Marcus Aurelius

Watching my kids grow up; i used to marvel at how "uncomplicated" their lives were. Eat, Crap and Sleep. Throw lots of play in between and testing boundaries with no care (most of the time) in the world. As they (we) grew older, knowledge appears to have been gained over time and experience.

And yet, we have this beast called the "Market"...that continues to humble us just when we think we have figured things out.

The beauty of being a kid or a newbie? We just don't know any better! The market has been exhilarating to say the least. When will the FOMO camp finally throw in the towel? This COVID thing sure robbed a lot of good people of their patiently well built portfolios.

Tech earnings coming up. Music is still playing. NKLA thank you.

Question to the SF family: is there a script out there that would say: based on $xxxxx portfolio + willing to risk % will spit out position sizing?

Closest one I could find is from Kevin...
Fetcher[SET{SHARESTOBUY, 500/atr(20)}
set{positionamt, close * sharestobuy}
set{stoploss, close - ATR(20)}

add column sharestobuy {shares}
add column stoploss {stop}
add column positionamt {size}
]

Thanks in advance!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153252
Ignore sandjco
7/22/2020 2:53:00 PM

Going against my own rules...no earnings trade.

TSLA@$1578
Jun 2022 1500C $638

Derp or...will uncle Elon deliver? Sell on news after?

xarlor
562 posts
msg #153272
Ignore xarlor
7/23/2020 2:45:14 PM

Silly traders, don't you know Uncle Elon only knows how to go up (except when he doesn't)?

Fetcher[
/* Enter your capital. Enter your positionsize in percent */

set{capital,50000}
set{positionsize,5}

set{ps,positionsize / 100}
set{numbershares1,capital * ps}
set{numbershares,numbershares1 / close}

add column capital {Account capital}
add column positionsize {Percent of capital at risk}
add column numbershares1 {Approximate money at risk}
add column numbershares {Number of shares}
]

sandjco
648 posts
msg #153276
Ignore sandjco
7/23/2020 8:57:10 PM

Xarlor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As always, thank you! and yes....you were in my thoughts!! LMAO!

Uncle Elon did deliver; boom gap in the morning and then faded after the 15min red candle! Everything else went to the hole!

Picked up a whole bunch of AMD today...

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.