StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · KSK8 Questions on The Most Profitable Thread on Stockfetcher<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 >>Post Follow-up
olathegolf
119 posts
msg #147119
Ignore olathegolf
3/29/2019 1:38:42 AM

Nice call on RBZ.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #147120
Ignore graftonian
3/29/2019 8:25:19 AM

Olathegolf, KSK8 has asked me not to post on your thread. If this is your wish, I'm outa here.
Graf

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147121
Ignore KSK8
modified
3/29/2019 8:34:32 AM

graftonian,

You misunderstood what I said. First, I encourage you to post anything you'd like, asking questions contributes to the forum. But what I was asking was if you could make a separate thread for call-outs, that way it can be organized and neat, rather than in the middle of people's replies. I ask this for everyone too who wishes to post call-outs. Sorry if I was incoherent.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147122
Ignore KSK8
3/29/2019 8:36:30 AM

olathegolf,

Had I been more patient and held to the close, I would have scored almost 30%.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #147124
Ignore nibor100
3/29/2019 10:00:58 AM

Looks like I was wrong as Graftonian is posting more option trades for us to view.

If I read his table of latest 2 option trades correctly, there was a 56.3% gain on the Call and 119.6% gain on the Put.

Congrats on excellent trading timing,

Ed S.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #147125
Ignore nibor100
3/29/2019 10:43:22 AM

@ksk8,

1. It appears to me that you have the utmost in confidence in your latest shorting system, as at least twice in the first 7 trades the stock rose in price significantly after the open and you waited until it turned around and was profitable before you exited the trade. One reached a paper loss level of -41.8% and the other of -24.8%.

a. Does Centerpoint not charge Hard To Borrow Fees when the short is not held past the close of the day you open the short?
(from my research on the web it appears some other brokers don't charge HTB fees if the trade is not held overnight)

b. If a Hard to Borrow Fee is quoted at 100%, is it an annualized percentage that has to be divided by 365 in order to get the daily amount of fee being charged to you by Centerpoint?

2. It seems to me that when you have exited some of these shorts earlier in the day in order to claim available profits, you have a minimum acceptable profit percentage of 8%, meaning if it reaches 8% profit you're out, or you're out if it reaches a higher % before you can get out at 8%.

a. Am I correct in this assumption/observation?

b. Otherwise, do you have an early exit trigger that is not in your SF filters: perhaps a specific indicator on a chart, or a built in Stop that you are using?

Thanks,
Ed S.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147127
Ignore KSK8
modified
3/29/2019 11:40:32 AM

Good questions.

1. If my account can endure the volatility with a large % of my account still remaining then I can endure any %squeeze even over 100% as long as my account can sustain it. So essentially, going all in would technically have forced a margin call. Risk management is taken into account in case a squeeze transpires during the day. I've never been margin called and I've endured worse than 40% whipsaw before, so I have little concern as long as it doesn't spike like 300% (which won't happen).

a. Shorting any HTB security always has HTB fee's. Centerpoint's HTB fee's, however, are based upon the share count. For overnight HTB fee's, which exist, Centerpoint charges for them if you hold a short position overnight. They aren't too bad though depending on how liquid the stock is. But by default, I like to cover at the close of the day. I do my best to refrain from holding a short overnight unless I feel it is necessary.

b. HTB fee's are NEVER at 100% cost on days that spike up crazy, but on the days they start to fall the fees will start to rise- based upon the demand for the shares. For me personally, they only eat up < 2% usually because I short prior to the stock tanking since there isn't already a growing demand for them. Illiquid stocks with little to no volume do tend to get expensive with the HTB fee's. However, Shillhs has absolutely no idea what he is talking about when he makes those HTB claims. He's a lunatic who would make a great fiction novelist because of the number of lies he spews. His corner thread is empty because everyone is well aware he is a known liar.

2. As I mentioned before I do indeed watch the price action, and if it does not do what I immediately expect it to do then I will cover earlier when necessary. As for a threshold exit, I don't have any definitive % number, I play it based upon what the price does. But by default, I cover at the close because I don't like sleeping knowing I am holding a short. But regarding stop's, I am open to finding a good stop-out indicator, but so far what I have works well for me so I haven't bothered looking for one.

GLTY!

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #147129
Ignore olathegolf
3/29/2019 12:06:53 PM

graftonian,
My preference is to keep the discussion to KSK8's shorting methodology. Otherwise, it's like throwing a bunch of different socks in a drawer and having to sort through the bunch every time to find a pair.

A separate thread for Option calls would make it easier to track that performance.

There's a lot to like about these Stockfetcher forums. One thing I don't like is all the chest bumping and testosterone fill posts that really have nothing to do with trading. They often devolve into personal attacks. I've seen good people run out of here and it's too bad.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147134
Ignore KSK8
3/29/2019 4:06:53 PM

olathegolf,

You are forgetting something vital. It's Shills's toxic behavior which caused one of the biggest contributors of this website to depart. Everyone with a brain knows this. He pretends to be rich and elegant when he devotes 16 hours a day every day on an online forums making call-outs with modified next to them.

That will be the last I say on this thread about him going forward. Since this is indeed your thread I will refrain from deviating the topic in the future.

On the nicer side of things, the portfolio today reached a 92% net gain with only 8 trades. I'd like to see someone top THAT.

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #147135
Ignore olathegolf
3/29/2019 5:13:04 PM

KSK8, thanks for your contribution to this forum. I don't think you instigated the exchange. I am just reminded about someone like Kevin who left and many have missed his contrubutions.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · KSK8 Questions on The Most Profitable Thread on Stockfetcher<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.