StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · KSK8 Questions on The Most Profitable Thread on Stockfetcher<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #147180
Ignore shillllihs
4/2/2019 4:45:00 PM

Keeping in theme, subtract 2.5% per trade being 22.5%, compounded removing about 40% from gains.
Also take into account the occasional 20-50% loss making safer trading styles more attractive than shorting penny stocks. My 2cents, no pun intended.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147182
Ignore KSK8
4/2/2019 5:33:14 PM

shillllihs,

Incorrect. It's never a fixed commission. For this specific trade, 2.5% was a rather expensive one IMO but I took it because I anticipated a harsh drop in price would occur essentially taking care of the fee + a handsome profit. The prospect of the portfolio's emerging success still reigns strong.

You did your math correctly though, I'll grant you that.

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #147195
Ignore olathegolf
4/3/2019 9:22:23 PM

Good luck with YRIZ. RSI2=99.36. ROC1,1=55.01. Slopes of MA50 and 200 are negative.

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #147271
Ignore olathegolf
4/9/2019 6:57:40 PM

Congrats on another win.
Good luck with PRPO.
RSI2 98.7
ROC1,1 31.2
Liquidity 21+M

Lapre506
48 posts
msg #147273
Ignore Lapre506
4/9/2019 8:22:54 PM

I've been paper trading a few versions of your filter. But I have a question. VTL showed up on almost all your filters on Friday 4/5. I shorted it Mon morning at open @.55 and it got as high as .91 and closed at .73 for a 40% loss. You ended up shorting it on 4/9 avoiding the big loss on Mon... Is there a different filter you are trading? What made you wait that extra day and not attempt to short it on Mon?

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147279
Ignore KSK8
4/9/2019 10:46:28 PM

Lapre506,

I have been using a different and better filter, for obvious reasons. I've mentioned so in a prior post. As for VTL, had you kept playing the filter, you'd be surprised of how quickly you'd recover from such a loss.

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #147281
Ignore olathegolf
4/10/2019 12:38:28 AM

Are you also using different exit criteria than EOD? Looks like your VTL exit was close to the low for the day.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147293
Ignore KSK8
4/10/2019 11:03:11 AM

Price action.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #147317
Ignore shillllihs
4/11/2019 12:44:42 PM

Today's trade is down.

Questions I would have for K are,

What's the maximum % of your portfolio that you would short.

Can you and have you had a situation where you couldn't get out of your position.

Will they ever close out your position, you were down something like 60% the other day, much higher than most anyone is willing to tolerate. Still no one here claiming to have followed you in practice after 2 months.

Last question, why are you still not wealthier than Trump, I haven't seen your name on the Forbes Billionaire List yet, can you point out which face is yours?
This compounding would make you a multi billionaire in a year.
I guess that's why you claim your thread is for entertainment purposes.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #147320
Ignore KSK8
4/11/2019 2:28:55 PM

shillllihs,

Your first few questions are good, your last one is childish but I'll answer them anyways.

1. A major component of how I size my trade is dependent on how liquid the stock was for that day. But never more than 15% of my entire portfolio.

2. If I played any stocks that were illiquid then yes, it would be a major concern each time. However, I only short stocks when I know there is decent volume and activity for the specific day it ran up. Never have I had a problem with exiting. This also orients to my first answer.

3. The preeminent reason I never position more than 15% of my portfolio on a single short is that IF the worst case scenario happens and I get squeezed brutally 2x 3x, etc, then my trade won't get a margin call since I'd have the capability of sustaining the loss with spare capital in my portfolio. But if it breaches a certain % threshold of my entire portfolio where I couldn't cover the loss with the supplementary capital, then yes it would stop me out of my short position.-Never has it happened before because I calculate the risk factor every time. Additionally, I will exit out if it breaches 100%- therefore I can't get killed in the long run. So you could give up on praying I get crushed by one trade.

4. I've made it clear, this strategy isn't scalable to the point of shorting a million dollars on a single trade and getting a 20% return intraday. That's not feasible in this type of market.

The way you conveyed that 4th question indicates to me that you are simply jealous because nobody pays attention to your convoluted trading. If you want a way to be profitable you gotta choose and stick with a strategy that works consistently over time. I'd recommend checking out some of Tro's old strategies because they still work well to this day.

GLTY!

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · KSK8 Questions on The Most Profitable Thread on Stockfetcher<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.