StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #141932
Ignore sandjco
modified
2/6/2018 8:39:03 AM

Morning Dave!

Take this with a grain of salt...from what I've seen in the past 30 years of "crashes", stocks always bounces back. Time and patience are, of course, will test our mettle.

I intend to put stinker bids on stocks that I like.

With XIV, I will do the same...however, with the expectation that it will not bounce back right away and it may go lower. Unless I am mistaken, XIV hasn't had this much of a single month carnage since 2010. Aug 2017 was the closest (maybe Aug 2015?). Unless I am blind....there hasn't been any triggers worldwide. only a "stop loss" would have bailed me here (which foolishly I did not do...too drunk over easy profits).

I also wanna give credit to you and Mac and shills. Your DMA script was a good confirmation of my gut...till my mind played games and was impatient. Mac's guppy chart was clear as a mud. Shills was shills...

Good play on DGAZ. I used UNG puts...which was slower than molasses to move. ;=P

My errors were avoidable; I was my biggest enemy. SF and its filters are great; the "art" to trade them is what I am still learning to do.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141940
Ignore sandjco
modified
2/6/2018 9:01:18 AM

...i must add...do I wait for the signals or do stinker bids? stinker bids is most likely another brain fart!...trying to grab the bottom (which isn't easy).

not a question really...just expressing my thoughts at this moment. LOL...too much shills!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141965
Ignore sandjco
2/6/2018 3:02:08 PM

Stink bid at $5.50 got filled!

This is so crazy...was this artificially done? At $99 EOD and went haywire AH in the $20's...what do you think would happen when it opens? No earnings crap...world didn't end...no terrorist attacks...nothing. My ex didn't even nag me!

Is there an old saying that the "gap must be filled"?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141968
Ignore sandjco
2/6/2018 3:27:38 PM

This is cray cray...they just halted it again! $7++ was the last trade I saw.

shainadir
25 posts
msg #141973
Ignore shainadir
2/6/2018 5:46:34 PM

I hope that you are aware that XIV will be liquidated in a couple of weeks.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141974
Ignore sandjco
modified
2/6/2018 6:28:20 PM

Thank you...that even pisses me even more! Ah...to be a newbie who cannot understand this...they allow VXX to slide in value and then do reverse splits...and yet with XIV....?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141983
Ignore sandjco
2/7/2018 8:08:23 AM

Will liquidate XIV position at a loss. Ahh...bottom fishing...a crapshoot. Mac was right...the signs were there to see.

Now, I wait patiently for the next trade.

So many people hurt on this debacle.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #141984
Ignore johnpaulca
2/7/2018 9:20:17 AM

It's called greed.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141991
Ignore sandjco
2/7/2018 10:59:22 AM

@jp...greed, complacency, over confidence....all the ills rolled into one.

ironically, call those are in one way or another...a key component to learn and succeed.

I can only speak for myself...I didn't follow thru with my usual mental "stops" and as a newbie who didn't understand XIV, didn't really see this to crater this much as I've seen VXX do reverse splits without a hitch.

My saving grace was following the 2//3/5 progression risking only 1/5.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #141992
Ignore johnpaulca
2/7/2018 11:07:10 AM

All part of the journey...glty!!

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.