StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #142020
Ignore sandjco
2/8/2018 8:39:27 AM

Picked up YINN $37.72, EDC $124.65, JNUG $13.06 and INDL $91.06 using EOD.

XIV closed using 100% loss.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #142050
Ignore pthomas215
2/8/2018 6:02:58 PM

sandjco, the way you type and express yourself is remarkably similar to this well-liked guy on stockfetcher named shillihs. in fact, it is almost as if both of you are the same person.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #142068
Ignore sandjco
modified
2/9/2018 7:57:43 AM

pt...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing! shill is s self proclaimed neurotic...has an online persona that is an acquired taste - can be good or bad depending on how one takes him. can be truculent and bombastic but can also sometimes provide some sliver of nuggets that makes you question certain things.

we could not be more diametrically be on opposite ends! the only common thing probably is he like his warm vacations with filipino women...i like mine with latina babes! And clearly, I do not have a 100% winning rate!

so...maybe i'm the more handsome, kinder, more thoughtful version? ;=P

note to self: revenge trade to try to get even is not a good thing. now i wonder if i should buy options to turbo charge my initial positions or stay patient. this whole crap is surreal; just felt weird...it was like XIV was cornered to be imploded.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #142071
Ignore pthomas215
2/9/2018 10:11:40 AM

SANDJCO, i am sorry then. i am mistaken. so what did you think of that stratasearch system as a newbie?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #142079
Ignore sandjco
2/9/2018 12:49:22 PM

@pt...
As a newbie, I was overwhelmed with SS and all its powerful features and the coding as I could not logically follow the code lines and how one connected with the other. Also, I was annoyed with the data feed (or lack of) support. However, I was very intrigued with the concept of a multi system that was back tested already.

When Kevin stopped posting and left; I lost interest in reading thru the thread. He was a great coder (in my eyes) and I wanted to learn more...but that didn't happen.

Therefore, in hindsight...maybe that saved me from being too over confident in the system signals to double up or triple up or go all in on XIV. Also, if you read my older post...you will find me wondering about the lack of volume during the down days.

I still like SS and what it could do but the gong show in XIV reminds me again to trust my guts (regardless of my small wins) and that no amount of back testing will save anyone on such a black swan event (unless there were built in "stops").

I, for one, was very complacent to think XIV would continue to be my ATM when it hit certain levels. I was wrong. I need to find a way to align signals with my gut. So far, Mac's Guppies are the closest ones visually.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #142085
Ignore sandjco
2/9/2018 1:49:21 PM

Urghh...will close all positions and suck it up. Back to the drawing board.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #142114
Ignore sandjco
2/11/2018 9:06:58 AM

A bear market or just a correction? Rates rising apparently is the culprit. Which one is which?

A bear market, by definition, is a 20% fall from its peak (Dow or SP500) with widespread (subjective) pessimism. Apparently, 1 bear every 3.5 years. The last ones were in 2007 and 2009...so, it seems like we are overdue? Unless I am mistaken, SPY at peak was $286.58 and it is now $261.50 or about a 10% slide. No macro triggers on the horizon.

Markets came back on Friday; leading me to believe that the dips are bought. Advisor sentiment (from what I've heard) is turning bearish; which is good for a contrarian.

YINN, EDC, and JNUG all got stopped out. Using EOD of $32,73, $117.11 and $12.26. Haircuts of 15%, 6.4%, and 6.6%. Hindsight, seems like I should have added on Friday instead of using stops. XIV was such a bitter taste that fear ruled the head!

Monday is another day....clean slate. Will buy the dips and stick with the program. Wonder how options would fare...

Interesting how the ETFs I follow are close to or sitting at the 200 EMA.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #142116
Ignore pthomas215
2/11/2018 10:51:07 AM

sandjco "dips are bought" is what got you to lose on XIV. dips are not bought immediately. we are not done.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #142119
Ignore sandjco
2/11/2018 1:56:13 PM

thanks pt...in other words...stay patient?!

boy..this gonna be a test of will power!

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #142121
Ignore pthomas215
2/11/2018 2:34:01 PM

sandjco, ha ha indeed it is. I'm not patient in the least but lets take the reason why i exercised strength on XIV. I kept watching it hit my support points. got excited at 78. but I like to see it test that level at least 3 times before i consider entering. If I remember correctly it tested 78 once and then went through it like a hot knife through butta. then by 50 bucks my senses went off. meaning 7% to 25% drop overall, ok, i get it. but 50% drops means something seriously is wrong.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.