StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 >>Post Follow-up
pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #141238
Ignore pthomas215
1/21/2018 11:12:12 PM

I agree with you in general. Jim Cramer? ha. I used to listen to Louis Rukeser(sp?) too. now they are just talking heads. However I read constantly about statistics. I will hold XIV still...but I think I am going to ramp up at times at the close for incremental overnight bumps.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #141239
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/22/2018 1:10:54 AM

What about Paul Kangas from the Nightly Business Report. Remember him.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141240
Ignore sandjco
modified
1/22/2018 8:18:45 AM

@pt and Mac..LOL those names are dating us! IMHO, I don't think I remember seeing a great trader or investor on those shows. As a B&H investor for the longest time...I've had to deal with a lot "noise" from the "experts" and looking back...they were just that....noise. Cramer drives me nuts with his style. Kangas lulls me to sleep. LOL How bout some babes in bikini doing business report?

Seriously, I've learned more from he likes of you guys, four, K in GA, davesaint, TRO, johpaul, and shils. Some are more clear than others or more open but I find it is like putting a puzzle together. For me, sometimes it is very overwhelming.

My biggest challenge is understanding what is important/effective and being able to execute it as simple as it can be.

My current weakness is "chasing". I didn't like the "feel" of my trades in 2018. The first batch was "chasing" as the market as up and I had no position. And the current ones was more of the same. Goes back to what johnpaul was asking me...''what is my sell signal"? Right now, my simple answer is...I don't want to take a loss (hence my goal of 4% profit per trade after commission). Maybe sell at a 5% loss?

Have a great week of trading everyone!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141250
Ignore sandjco
1/22/2018 12:36:10 PM

Bailed on RIOT. Opened XIV new long. May bail on DGAZ today and add to AMZN.

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #141251
Ignore shillllihs
1/22/2018 1:15:42 PM

Thanx Sand. I’m more of the conceptual & philosophical guy that likes to rally the troops, since I’m too lazy to code & there are more brilliant coders on SF.
My contributions have been immense, (first to post Xiv as a trading vehicle, shorting a broad spectrum of leveraged ETFs, exiting Xiv on pullbacks and entering below SE. in a bull market, 3 distinct markets, bull, bear and volatile, looking at monthly time frames to switch up your trading, the best Penny filter on SF. all verifiable in the thread history). True I do not like to give all my secrets away because of the the way some have taken my ideas and have never given me credit for them. In fact taking them and then petition the forum to remove me for simply offering improvements on the system that I inspired. Just wanted to clarify why I’m vague at times. I’d really like to spill all the good stuff but God knows many here do not deserve it.😊

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141263
Ignore sandjco
modified
1/22/2018 5:30:17 PM

@shills...totally understand. It is not often you find someone who can be transparent with everything; nothing bad about it. Whatever others share; I see it as a gift that I should be thankful. By far, SF has been the best site I've stumbled across.

Not being able to code, I think, sometimes can be a blessing...as it may simplify things.

Bailed on RIOT at $19.48 with a 4% loss. Lesson learned (I think).
Bailed half on DGAZ at $23.43 for a slight 6% gain.
Added to AMZN using EOD $1327.31
New long XIV using EOD $144.70
Short VXX using EOD $26.25. This was more of a "test" play on what it was like to "short" and se what the impact was on decay. My stop would be EMA(50).

Added NFLX before close but couldn't post; so it didn't happen.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141271
Ignore sandjco
modified
1/22/2018 11:32:50 PM

NFLX reported beat; up $18 AH. Double Top BO Dec 28th.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141279
Ignore sandjco
1/23/2018 12:04:01 PM

Selling remaining DGAZ $21.30

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141323
Ignore sandjco
1/24/2018 10:17:14 AM

Going off...doing bunny trails. Bought QSR and GDEN

Impatience got the best of me today. Waiting for XIV to dump more. Bruh.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #141437
Ignore sandjco
1/27/2018 11:52:07 AM

First world problems...internet down for a few days in the cabin and no cell signal! Shaking my fannies off as didn't know what would happen with NFLX reporting (self imposed rule of trying not to trade over earnings!).

Lucky and grateful! Experiment in XIV (wrong entry for sure) and/or short VXX and buying puts didn't go well. Should have just shorted XIV. Note to self...don't chase!

INTC just did a triple top breakout. Nibbled at it to see...

Outta here!

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.