Lets see what you got...

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #156112
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
3/11/2021 7:37:31 PM

@Wisam Daoud

No, thanks. Filters are a dime a dozen. And EE credentials don't impress me in the least. The worst trading systems I've seen have come from electrical engineering folks who think their take on signal processing is something special. It ain't. Unless you're Claude Shannon. You're not.

And MACD is nothing interesting to me. If you want to post something, post a verifiable set of trades executed in the real world -- and not in a ripping bull market. And then start publishing signals from the same system tonight. But I'll tell you straight-up that for 15+ years a select group of extremely competent people have come through here and OPENLY shared their systems and ideas. So having no credentials and no history of shared work and no provable trades with something as prosaic as MACD is a no from me, dawg.

Nobody
404 posts
msg #156114
Ignore Nobody
3/12/2021 12:05:38 AM

Graf

per your request:

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #156115
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
3/12/2021 1:54:25 AM

I seem to remember another poster a long time ago came here talking about algorithms and how his coding of algorithms could pick great stocks but he couldn't tell us about. I think he maybe even had a web site that after a certain time that you had to join . I think he had a degree in something so great that his algorithms could pick every winning stock . Guess he was left at the curb many moons ago.

Kind of like setting one up to buy his screener or app. I can say there a lot of traders platforms out there will charge you lots of money for video's, stock alerts, trade setups. some if very few are any good . I've even spent around $500 for 6 video's from a trader FOUS4 alerts using the EMA 13 as a swing trade setup. Bullsonwallstreet has a 60 day boot camp for new traders to the tune of a couple of $1000 dollars. Bullonwallstreet has a $197 swing trade program of using the remounting of the EMA 9 as a trigger of getting back into up trending stocks. Brought a few books like Guppy trends (more or less background trends to price) and few other's . Most I thought were fair to good. There are even some feeds on twitter that will send you breakout setups for a monthly or yearly fee like @kkernttb which is very expensive IMHO!

Search twitter for big daily gainer and you will see who pumping those stocks and after awhile you will see which poster come up more times that not.

There are a few free good screeners like FINVIZ and a few others.

Bottom line is there is no Holy grail. Yes there are some good indicators at certain settings that can greatly help ones trading. Like the Macd 3,10,16 cross, The ema 5 cross ema 13, and some others. The only thing that every trader everywhere behind every computer screen or smart phone see's is PRICE and VOLUME.

In the end YOU have to see the trade setup of what's works for you. Don't use real money until you have a system that win's more times than not and even that isn't perfect. Sell you position if you feel the trade isn't going your way and don't get into the trap of holding a small loser with idea that your a "in it for the long haul trader" because that falling knife may never quit falling. A 5% loss turns into a 50% loss real fast . You have burned on valuable money and your account takes a hit. I know because I've burned up my account twice and and was a hard valuable lesson.

You have to do the leg work and after reading a lot of posts on REDITT on how people get into stocks with say $5000 and make one big bad trade , them make another big bad trade trying to make up for the first bad trade . Before you know it the trader is down to a couple of $100 dollars. You will see it a lot on REDDITT and why some people buy stocks for all the wrong reasons. They hold a loser with the idea that it will go back up only to get BURNED.

To me if your here on SF that you know the market favor's no one and will burn you at a moments notice. So if the poster with Divergance Macd scanner want to show us something then by all means post away and Welcome to SF.

Mastery is a Journey

P.S. Don't waste your time on REDDIT unless you want to be bombed with pumpers trying to sell you the latest Hole grail, or pumping bitcoins , GME or what ever. The even have posters who will argue with you all day long for days on in over stupid stuff.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #156118
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
3/12/2021 9:19:46 AM

Mac, to add to your comments:
"Don't use real money until you have a system that win's more times than not and even that isn't perfect."

You can have a low winning percentage only if your average winners outweigh your average losers, but low winrate systems require even more planned sizing and money management. You have to take your acceptable loses in a long enough string to win over time.

Trading = a series of a trades.

I recently started trading a completely new way using Stockfetcher and it is related to the above. I export signal lists and take a large number of trades every day using software with the targets already configured and running on 1 minute data. The targets are based on an involved process of looking at the 40-day forward performance of every ticker that showed up starting 6 months ago. I posted about this elsewhere in the forums.

It's the main reason I keep asking Stockfetcher to completely revise the analysis component of this tool. There are two giant gaping flaws with SF:
1. Signal performance based on close when it should be calculated from that close but also the following day's OPEN (2 different metrics), since most people will use signals generated at night the prior day.
[related, if you ever calculate performance using the following OPEN, not the prior CLOSE like SF does, you will be quite surprised at the difference the overnight makes. Beware!)
--->I know one user is entering limit orders after close in the after-hours market to deal with this. This is *sort* of a solution, but a non-specific one because the prices filled after close and before open have a high degree of variance. It's not clear whether doing this is more like the close or more like the open. So while it's a way to 'get orders in' it's not really clear, analytically, whether one is trading in a way that aligns with close prices for signal generation day. Also, it's a pain in the ass and can't easily be done programatically. I don't want to enter 10-50 limit orders each night if it's not clear that doing so will make me fabulously wealthy. ;)

2. A true testing tool that essentially does what I mention above -- it gives true performance metrics for any given ticker generated by the filter going forward from signal date to some inputted end-date expressed in number of days. So, Ideally, you should be able to pick a 'start date' for the analysis. The tool will output every signal generated and, using OHLC data, provide average peaks, lows, and days to peak and lows. The user should have an idea of where to take stops, how long to hold, and where to scale out profits. All of this data is READILY available and is used by SF for calculations RIGHT NOW, and it would not be a heavy lift to drastically improve the usability of this resource. It's not like I'm talking about building a radical backtesting engine.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156120
Ignore nibor100
3/12/2021 11:45:50 AM

@Graf,

You know that feeling one gets when walking into a car dealership showroom or when you are sunning on Cocoa Beach with your wife and a guy walks up wearing a tie and wanting to pitch timeshares???

That's the vibe I got from his first and only post so I felt I had to ask some questions as part my vetting process...

I'm sorry if he's legitimate and I scared him off,
Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #156122
Ignore Cheese
3/12/2021 12:58:34 PM

THANK YOU John(Mac), fotch, and Ed S
for sharing your thoughts, trading experience and vetting process.
Many pearls of wisdom.
Very helpful in navigating trading mine fields.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #156127
Ignore fotchstecker
3/12/2021 3:43:36 PM

Thanks, Cheese. You always bring good vibes around here.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.