StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Lots of charting problems<< >>Post Follow-up
yepher
359 posts
msg #155864
Ignore yepher
2/19/2021 10:00:51 AM

I am having a lot of issues where charts just show no data. It seems to be a general problem and not just isolated to a given ticker symbol.

Here is an example:

http://yepher.com/stockfetcher_tmp/stockfecture_no_data.gif

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #155869
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/19/2021 2:10:51 PM

I can get APRN on both the daily and weekly . Wonder if your look at it through a symlist and something is keeping it from showing the data. Might have to send SF a email .

dashover
224 posts
msg #155873
Ignore dashover
2/19/2021 4:48:00 PM

Yepher,

How do you make these gifs?
Very Cool..

Dash

yepher
359 posts
msg #155877
Ignore yepher
2/20/2021 8:36:48 AM

@Mactheriverrat Good thought but I was not using the symbol list in this case. But it happens no matter how I get to the charts. Many symbols work and many don't.

@dashover I use a Gif screen recorder. This one is Gifox on MacOS.

push5280
197 posts
msg #155881
Ignore push5280
2/20/2021 10:58:53 AM

Check the scaling of your charts. APRN had a big spiike the candles may be compressed at thw bottom of the charr

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #155882
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/20/2021 3:51:41 PM

You might send Stockfetcher a email telling them of what's going. Sometime's I have a problem and they usually take care of it.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #155889
Ignore nibor100
2/21/2021 12:31:56 AM

I use the Firefox browser on my windows pc and my Ipad, I never have that issue on my PC but I have it a few times a week on my Ipad.

Usually if I change chart duration like you are doing in your video the candlesticks reappear but sometimes they don't and I have to either go to the next symbol in the results, see the chart and then go back to prior symbol and voila the candlesticks are back.

If its a single chart with no following symbols, I usually type in a symbol in the symbol box and click on chart, the chart appears and then I have to use the browser back button to get back to the original symbol that had no chart and the chart will show.

I suspect its some kind of browser refresh/cache/stack problem but who knows.

The only other thing we seem to have in common is Apple Operating systems ....yours MacOS mine Apple IOS.

Ed S.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #155895
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/21/2021 2:57:47 AM

Thanks yepher for the MacOS gif maker.

I'm a MacOX person since pre mac days of the Apple 2 (1979/1980s) Dad had a Apple 2 and seems like every kid from around town was at our house.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #155897
Ignore nibor100
2/21/2021 9:35:10 AM

I bought an Apple 2 as my first computer in May of 79 after a couple of months of research as there were a lot of computer companies back then. My final 3 options were PET/Commodore, TRS-80 (I think it was by Radio Shack) and the Apple II and went with the Apple II and never regretted it. (Though programming in assembly language wasn't all that fun)

At that time, you had to use a TV for the monitor and a cassette deck for storage and I believe it had a whopping 32K of memory. A month later they came out with a floppy disk system add on which I promptly bought, followed by a Sylentype thermal printer, etc.

Then I got the early 25 lb. transportable MAC, then the MAC 2, and I eventually switched over to PCs because I had to do a lot of DOD cost work at home and DOD had moved to windows pcs after IBM PCs.

My daughter's 1st computer was a MAC laptop and she is firmly entrenched in the MAC camp and hates PCs.

And no, I'm not John's dad :)
Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Lots of charting problems<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.