StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is this a crash or a correction?<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 >>Post Follow-up
Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #145676
Ignore Cheese
12/22/2018 8:17:56 PM

Thanks for the videos, Mac.

Fetcher[
/* https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/Is-this-a-crash-or-a-correction/144886/150 */
/* How to NOT get Killed in the Stock Market video */
/* How to Trade a "Small" Account video */
/* EMA(8) , MA(20) , MA(50) , MA(200) , OHLC bars and volume. */

SYMLIST(SPY,QQQ,IWM)
CHART-TYPE OHLC
CHART-LENGTH 4 MONTHS
DRAW EMA(8)
DRAW MA(20)
DRAW MA(50)
DRAW MA(200)
]

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #145677
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
12/22/2018 8:42:26 PM

Your welcome Cheese. Great chart!
He has some other good Youtube video's sorted by newest first.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #145679
Ignore karennma
12/23/2018 8:45:13 AM

Quote: "Moore, who recently co-wrote a book titled "Trumponomics" with Art Laffer, said the two visited the White House recently, where the president asked them whether he should've kept former Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen instead of appointing Powell.
"We looked at each other and said, 'Janet Yellen couldn’t have been any worse than the guy he’s got in there now,'" Moore said.
CLICK

At least Prz. Trump analyzes his actions, and admits when he needs to shift gears. Unfortunately, as we all know, hindsight is always 20/20.
Re: JANET YELLEN - she knew consecutive int. rate increases would crash the market. If you look at her last 3 press conferences, I'm sure she was glad when her time was up.
Gary Cohn knew tariff increases on China would crash the economy over a year ago. As soon as Trump told him what he wanted to do, Cohn quit.

Those lines on all the charts you guys post have economic news baked into them.
The lines are simply a confirmation of news that's already happened.
The real crystal ball is the news.
-Housing market slowdown
-Int. rates increases
-Tariff impositions
-Increasing Yield curve
-Recession
CLICK

Thanks for the charts.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #145680
Ignore karennma
12/23/2018 9:13:26 AM

Of course, Trump wonders if he should've kept Yellen. LISTEN to what she says about int. rates.
Buh byeee Jerome!

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #145681
Ignore Cheese
12/23/2018 2:54:15 PM

@karennma
Those lines on all the charts you guys post have economic news baked into them.
The lines are simply a confirmation of news that's already happened.
The real crystal ball is the news.
===============================================================

So far, you have been very good at warning the forum about changes in market tones.
I hope you will continue to post your views even if you don't trade.
Looking forward to the days when you will first switch to the bullish view again.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #145683
Ignore Mactheriverrat
12/23/2018 9:57:17 PM

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #145687
Ignore nibor100
12/24/2018 2:01:47 AM

@Mactheriverrat,

In regards to the 2nd video you posted he looks like he favors stocks that are not only closing above the 8 period mov avg. as long as its positioned above the 20 day, which must be above the 50 da,y which also must be higher than the 200 day mov avg,. and that he prefers buying after a pullback.

I was wondering if you checked your current favorite Guppy filter against those few stocks that he showed in that 2nd video to see if you would have gotten buy indication signals earlier or later than his chosen entry points?

If not, I'll check them against some of your past Guppy filter posts.

Thanks,
Ed S.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #145688
Ignore Mactheriverrat
12/24/2018 2:37:26 AM

Haven't been messing with Guppy of late as way too many stocks are in the red. Guppy is still in my arsenal . Been studying this guys video's and what he is using. One thing about this crash or correction is that when the markets rebound these will be lots of great stocks again to buy.

ron22
255 posts
msg #145692
Ignore ron22
12/24/2018 9:20:43 AM

Ed, I checked the stocks in the 2nd video using one of Mac's Guppy filters. I got guppy buy signals 1 to 3 weeks earlier than Pat's chosen entry points. Guppy entry prices were 5-16% lower than Pat's entry prices.
Mac's guppy filters work great. They and most other filters have two minor problems: 1) whipsaws and 2) exit signals(sometimes you give back 10-28% of your gains before you sell).

1. Does anyone have any ways to reduce the number of guppy whipsaws?

2. Also, are there better exit signals rather than EMA4 crosses below EMA9?

Merry Christmas and good trading!

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #145693
Ignore nibor100
12/24/2018 10:06:20 AM

ron22,

Thanks for the info on the 2nd video stocks using Guppy.

In regards to your whipsaw question I'm not sure which Guppy filter you are specifically referring to and what criteria you would be using as an entry point that is causing whipsaws you're seeing.

If you provide that info I'll try to come with an approach to avoid whipsaws; Of course that will probably reduce the number of trades and/or reduce the total gains for some trades that would not have whipsawed had you used your original entry points.

Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is this a crash or a correction?<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.