StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT...<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up
txtrapper
548 posts
msg #35516
Ignore txtrapper
4/2/2005 7:06:13 PM

TheRumpledOne 4/2/2005 1:06:32 PM

EWZuber:

I will use an analogy... auto racing.

What's more important the car (stock) or the driver (how you trade)?
--------------------------

This reminds me of my first "horse racing" lesson...I was told by a "old seasoned gambler of the ponies", "Son, don't bet on the horse bet on the jockey" ha ha

Simple does it everytime, motto of the story....the best jockey is going to be on the best horse....Simple!

JMHO,

TxTrapper

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35518
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/3/2005 1:13:25 PM

Marine2... "Since TheRumpledOne is trying to promote not only his one particular filter (hard and fast) as well as his web site he is more the salesmen than the technition. "

I am NOT promoting anything... I don't have a web site. I have nothing for sale... no books, tapes, videos, trading programs, picks, newsletters, etc. If I want money, I trade.

Please do not confuse me with others who are looking for sheep to slaughter.

YOUR COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED.

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #35519
Ignore Koronbock
4/3/2005 2:45:36 PM

Rump,

there are people here who will just about dispute anything. They are usually asking for tips and tricks how to become better traders. Once they get what they want from experienced traders (like you) they cover their onw inability to trade successfully with mindless allegations (like "promoting your website, your filter").
Can't make all of them happy. So don't take it seriously. Your presence is appreciated greatly.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #35525
Ignore petrolpeter
4/4/2005 11:18:43 AM

Hi RumpledOne,Here is another filter that I scan along with RSI(2) that runs in the same vein for bottom picking
Fetcher[Aroon Oscillator(8) touched -92 and Draw RSI(2) and Draw Williams %R(10 and Draw Williams %R(30) on plot Williams %R(10) and Draw Williams %R(60) on plot Williams %R(10) and volume(10) is above 100000 and close is between 1 and 16 and date offset 0]

.These two filters intermingle on the bottom and serve a few more choices.Seems to work well when all William %Rs are compressed also.Wait for green,collect the green.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #35526
Ignore EWZuber
4/4/2005 4:35:03 PM

Let me put it this way, if it makes no difference which stock is traded, how much do you think you could have scraped out of trading ZL lately?
Or do you think you could have done better trading USEY?

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #35535
Ignore jclaffee
4/6/2005 10:14:15 AM

My $0.02 on the subject of "it's what you trade" vs. "it's not what you trade, it's how you trade it". . .

In the little (8500 pop.) town in which I live are 12 - 15 service stations. Many of them change owners about once a year. . .one guy decides that he can't make it and closes up. . .another guy gives it a try, etc., etc., etc. One guy has been in business at the same spot for 40 years. . .2 islands, 4 pumps, 2 service bays. . .on a crowded lot with a difficult in and out. This latter guy is one of the wealthiest men in town and it all started with that service station. His gas, oil, air filters, windshield wipers, etc., are no different than those sold right down the street by a competitor who wasn't there a year ago and won't be there a year from now. He drives a current model TownCar. . .the competitor down the street drives a 10 year old pickup. He lives in a new home on about 40 acres at the edge of town. The competitor rents an apartment. What seperates the two? One is a businessman and the other isn't.

Moral: don't focus so completely on identifying the perfect stock that you have no time to pay attention to developing your ability to be a successful businessman in the business of trading equities (or futures or whatever your market may be)!

Thanks for permitting me the chance to speak up.

Jim

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #35951
Ignore markcrisp
5/9/2005 11:18:56 AM

Rumpled One:

Does the RSI method work in bear markets?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35955
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/9/2005 11:25:07 PM

The RSI(2) method works PERIOD.

Doesn't matter bull, bear, sideways... it works.

RSI(2) < 1 gives you the heads up that a stock is bottoming but it is up to you to TRADE IT.

hrosas
27 posts
msg #35956
Ignore hrosas
5/10/2005 1:48:13 AM

Rump:
You said "Wait for the green..." What do you mean. Thank You! HR

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #35959
Ignore Koronbock
5/10/2005 5:57:54 AM

"Waiting for green" means you want to wait for the stock to OPEN in positive territory (Higher than yesterdays Close).

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT...<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.