StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anyone figured it out yet??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #153811
Ignore shillllihs
8/30/2020 11:50:40 AM

I see a lot of lengthy filters added and some post-game celebratory back pats & butt slapping but I’m generally not impressed.

styliten
277 posts
msg #153815
Ignore styliten
modified
8/30/2020 5:48:57 PM

What are your simple but not overly simplified ideas/ways of playing with the stock market for profit maximization then (using tools available at SF)?

PS

I only have the basic membership here at SF. So every time I saw the error message that the posted filter is too complicated to run with basic membership ["This StockFetcher filter exceeds filter performance restrictions./To run this filter, please upgrade to the StockFetcher Advanced subscription level."], I had to stop and ignore. I now fully believe:

LESS IS MORE
SIMPLE IS BETTER
SEE MORE/JUDGE LESS

The last thing I want to do when "making" decisions on trade is to exercise "good judgment". I want the charts TELL ME what to do rather than using my own judgement at all. Truth ought to be self-evident; if something needs to be judged/decided (under pressure of time), then how could that be truth? If the decision process is more complicated than the 5~6 year old playing candycrush on his/her iPads, then that filter is still too complicated because judgment errors compound OVER TIME.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #153817
Ignore shillllihs
8/30/2020 8:01:35 PM

I’m saying I’d like to see more systems implemented with a game plan. Preferably leveraged ETFs, with in and out parameters. Yes simple is better. I can trade with 1 ma line and probably do better than 90% of all systems. Would like to see some innovations on false signals and some miracle work on eliminating chops.
Many technical minds but this would make one stand out above the rest. Perhaps there’s nothing more that can be improved on when dealing with the unknown.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #153818
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
8/30/2020 8:02:44 PM

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #153819
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/30/2020 8:16:53 PM

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #153836
Ignore SFMc01
8/31/2020 12:20:03 PM

Mactheriverrat:Have u posted the filter tat you are using in post # 153819 that seems to also show buy and sell points?

Thank you,
Steve

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #153844
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/31/2020 9:25:36 PM

@Steve
Yes I posted it in the stock picks and trading forum.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #153981
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
9/8/2020 10:18:41 PM

"I’m saying I’d like to see more systems implemented with a game plan. Preferably leveraged ETFs, with in and out parameters."

1. Who cares what impresses you?
2. Who cares what you want?
3. Why don't _YOU_ create a system that ticks your boxes and share it?

If you want to put in orders, I'm sure there's a McD's close to you.

BONUS:
" I can trade with 1 ma line and probably do better than 90% of all systems"

4. Then go do it, obviously.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #153982
Ignore shillllihs
9/8/2020 11:18:04 PM

Did Poopsy have a rough day in the market?

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #153984
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/8/2020 11:47:14 PM

@fotchstecker

I have shown a system. I have been saying there are warning signal of a overextended market.

Now I went to the short side. One can win in any market if there want to.

Biggest lesson I can say is if you lost on a system. LEARN FROM IT as painful as it might be. I've blown my trading account twice and that was VERY painful but I learned from it. Some traders that you need to have a $100 a month system software or you need a subscription to some monthly service. IMHO there all wrong. Study the past. What works and what didn't.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anyone figured it out yet??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.