StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BEHOLD THE HOLY GRAIL<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up
KSK8
561 posts
msg #145761
Ignore KSK8
12/28/2018 3:59:26 PM

Fetcher[

market is not OTCBB
market is not ETF
volume > 1000000
set{liq,volume*price}
liq > 1000000
close > 0.1
close < 10
rsi(2) crossed above 98
close is 10% below high
add column separator
add column shares outstanding
add column market cap
do not draw rsi(2)
do not draw liq

offset is 10 /* time machine for those unaware */

]

THE RULES:

After the market close run the filter and choose the stocks that fall under this criteria:

1. Close MUST be between $0.1 and $10
2. Stocks can not be an etf or an otc. ETF's & OTC's simply won't undergo this strategy's phenomenon and OTC's are too difficult to short anyways.
3. Volume must be above 1,000,000 shares, don't worry about the average volume.
4. Liquidity (price*volume) must be above 1,000,000.
5. The close must be at LEAST 10% below the current day's high, this indicates there was a failure intraday to make higher highs.
6. RSI(2) crosses above the threshold of 98. Discard any candidate that has its RSI(2) already occupying above that level. This is the technical signal of overextension. This must be the first day its crossed above.
7. Regarding position size, do not short more than its 5 period average volume, for obvious reasons. I have never seen this before so don't worry about it.
8. Entries MUST be at the open of the market. Don't wait for it to fall before getting in, you'll be too late.
9. Do not violate rule #8.

Other:
-Avoid playing a candidate that had its price driven by a catalyst such as a biotech fda approval or a reverse split, the next day will either be whipsaw or the chance of a higher high.
-Even if TDAmeritrade has shares to borrow, REFRAIN from using them. The slightest bit of whipsaw will result in a margin call with those guys. Stick to Centerpoint or Speedtrader, they are not nearly as strict.

For those who may complain about how often opportunities come up with this filter.

PUT ON YOUR GLASSES!!

You will NEVER have a down month trading this!!

Cheers,

KSK8

KSK8
561 posts
msg #145762
Ignore KSK8
12/28/2018 4:11:31 PM

shillllihs,

Fair point on the borrowing aspect. But you are WRONG.

Have you ever even shorted a stock under $5?

My biggest gain was $197,000 off of $MNGA back in September that this filter gave me. That one single gain was almost half of what you made with your entire filter that you claim took you "a long time" to craft.

Go calculate how many shares that would have required me to borrow and then tell me borrowing is still a major problem.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #145775
Ignore nibor100
12/30/2018 3:40:16 PM

@ksk8,

Since you did not tell us now many shares you had to borrow in September in order to short MNGA I tried running your updated filter to find out how many for myself. Unfortunately it does not return MNGA for any day in September and then I tried your original filter and still no September results for MNGA??

Is there still a missing rule or missing criteria from those shorting filters you have already posted?

Thanks,
Ed S.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #145776
Ignore KSK8
12/30/2018 4:10:48 PM

nibor,

When I made that play in the beginning of October, (not sure why I said september) I broke my own rules and got greedy with it since it was a big red day with tremendous selling pressure and so many shares available. The version above is built to be more durable and I should have mentioned you wouldn't find it in there with that specific version. You'll find similar plays but I only mentioned my MNGA gain because shillllihs doesn't seem to have a clue about the availability of shares you can borrow when shorting.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #145778
Ignore shillllihs
12/30/2018 8:20:29 PM

Oh K.
You are on an ultra conservative site, the method is neat but though you say system is ultra safe it still does not preclude a massive spike while shorting 200k, I mean you can lose 50k plus in a day. And looking back, I don’t get a sense of 95% accuracy. No big deal, if I’m wrong I’ll miss out and everyone will get wealthy.

Lapre506
48 posts
msg #145779
Ignore Lapre506
12/30/2018 8:30:24 PM

Is there a reason why you choose to borrow shares on these rather then just buy puts on the optionable ones?

KSK8
561 posts
msg #145780
Ignore KSK8
12/30/2018 9:15:36 PM

shillllihs,

Trust me, even when I'm down 10k, its not fun. But my faith in the mechanical prospect of it is what holds up my endurance to not be impulsive. And the 95% accuracy is relevant to the interlude of time. Hence the stochastic series gives us evidence of its long term performance will pursue effective. Let me be clear Shillllihs, I am not trying to joust you but I am indeed befuddled that someone such as yourself is perceiving this as incoherent. And nobody said you have to trade as large as I might.

The old saying goes;

Don't knock it till you try it

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #145781
Ignore Eman93
12/30/2018 10:25:06 PM

K,
I will always have some kind of stop loss usually below the last swing low on the daily.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #145782
Ignore KSK8
12/31/2018 1:19:41 AM

Eman93...

This is not a long filter

15minofPham
168 posts
msg #145797
Ignore 15minofPham
12/31/2018 1:26:03 PM

KSK8 style & temperament reminds me of Wallstreetgenius. Now only if the Rumpled One comes back to debate, then we can party like it's 2008!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BEHOLD THE HOLY GRAIL<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.