StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · #1 Thing Ive Taken Away from my 4 year SF Subscription<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
contrahawk
68 posts
msg #50369
Ignore contrahawk
3/2/2007 3:10:17 PM

Not RSI(2), not DMA (!), not linear regression, not MA crossovers, not divergences, not parabolic, not Fibonacci. . . . . . . . .

"Just pick ONE stock and learn how to trade it.
SONS, SIRI, AAPL, etc... just pick ONE.
Trade it over and over and over for a month.
Learn how to spot the trend and time your entries/exits.
Once you master that, you may not want to trade anything else.
Don't get lost in a "sea of indicators"... it's not about indicators, it's about profit!!"

Guess who. . .or use search function to find out.

Jim

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #50374
Ignore stocktrader
3/2/2007 10:11:06 PM

Concur with that!

By day trading ~1000 trades per year I can feel the "sentiment" in the trading just by watching bid/ask and volume. Indicators and level II are just confusing.
Although I have indicators, they are the "last" thing I might look at before an entry.

Learning to take the cash is hard for most people. Greed is good...

Nice to see someone at SF like contrahawk that knows how to trade!

limestar
79 posts
msg #50376
Ignore limestar
3/2/2007 11:54:30 PM

Yeh I'm starting to like the idea as well, but instead focusing on like 5 stocks and just getting to know them inside out.

retired
28 posts
msg #50380
Ignore retired
3/3/2007 9:27:11 AM

**************** BINGO *****************

Retired

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50382
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/3/2007 10:21:08 AM

Hey LimeStar:

One has to "crawl before they walk" that's why you start with ONE stock.

Three or more is called "juggling". Takes one a while to master juggling. And dropping just one could be costly...LOL!

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #50386
Ignore maxreturn
3/3/2007 10:44:08 AM

Ok. This begs the question. If this is what you all believe, why subscribe to stockfetcher?

retired
28 posts
msg #50387
Ignore retired
modified
3/3/2007 11:34:44 AM

Where else can you find all this wisdom in one room?

binhp
71 posts
msg #50391
Ignore binhp
3/3/2007 11:51:51 AM

Great discussion folks !
When we are in this downturn, how do you trade your ONE stock ? Short or long ? Buy put or call ? My strategy is buy put option until the selling is done. When the bull is back, buy call option on the stock. This downturn can be lengthy.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #50392
Ignore petrolpeter
3/3/2007 11:54:18 AM

Change your one stock to QID:)

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #50395
Ignore contrahawk
3/3/2007 1:08:50 PM

@ maxreturn: This is the #1 thing I've gained from SF. . .there is much more but this is tops.

@ binhp: my one stock is ISRG. I selected it because of liquidity and volatility. The daily handle is about 1,000,000 shares and the average true daily range is about $3.60. As a part of "specializing" in ISRG, I know things about it that help me trade it. There will, no doubt, be occasions for taking both long and short positions during next week. That's where the trading comes in!

Jim

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · #1 Thing Ive Taken Away from my 4 year SF Subscription<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.