StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 >>Post Follow-up
redversa721
157 posts
msg #157678
Ignore redversa721
9/25/2021 1:56:59 PM

Loved the twitter post. Quite True.

In my opinion [based on my experience] , I want to keep trading as minimal as possible . reason being over the years, I realized the more I stare at the screen the more I enter into risky trades. it's the mentality where i feel like If I do not do something, I am losing money or gonna lose out on a trade and this over the years has been the bane of my trading. Typically every time I deviate, I get slapped hard and lost tons.

Thus i have now swung into this kind of equilibrium where I still do monitor but not as much. I want to enter the trade, plan out my exits and let the system handle itself.

The reason why I do not want to wait till green or over 1% , or 2% etc etc, is that it is a lot of stress for managing 20 stocks that you want to enter. This is a lot of overhead for me to create a watch list each week and then monitor over the course of a monday in terms of when to enter and exit.

Now for a 5K investment, I spend 5 mins entering the trades sunday night, another 15 mins Monday morning [capturing entry values and plugging in exits] and if I can make about 70- 100 bucks per 5K, for 20 mins of work. I am golden. [That's almost 100% yearly gain if all goes well]

That's just my thought process .

But I get it, for some people optimizing the entry and the exit is important to get that extra few percent of gains. I think maybe I was like that too, but after seeing my hair turn grey :), I am minimizing my screen time

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157679
Ignore redversa721
9/25/2021 2:00:15 PM

forgot to add the point about cut loss

Like you said the investments per stock are not huge , about 250 bucks, So not as much worried even f they are down double digit.

Also some of them are volatile and they hit the 2% weekly gain 5 mins after market open and then never get to that value all week. so it's then a matter of speed to plug that value in ASAP.

Yeah it's always on the back of the mind, do I cut my losses and leave before week [or 2] is up. It's quite the mental game.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157680
Ignore Cheese
9/25/2021 3:23:02 PM

THANKS AGAIN, redversa721.
I've learned a lot from your posts.

I forgot to mention an idea that TRO used to mentor chip in earlier years:
Just trade one stock and learn to make $100 consistently, it's a license to print money.

;^)

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157726
Ignore redversa721
10/1/2021 10:39:59 PM

Week 5
Total Buys 21
Wins 18
Loss
Unsold : 3

weekly p&l
Gain Only: 105.88
Loss Only:

Total:
Total Gain : 535.35 [ Since Start]
Total Loss : -100.12 [Since Start]
Net : 435.23 [ Since Start]

Week 1 unsold : 0
Week 2 unsold : 5
Week 3 unsold : 4
Week 4 unsold : 1
Week 5 Unsold : 3

Summary:
The week was very choppy with crazy moves each day. Monday turned out to be ok with about 14/15 stocks exited. The 6 or so remaining went deep red starting Tuesday [-20% and more each]
As of Friday, out of 3 unsold stocks from this week, 2 of them are less than 5% in the red and one is 17% red. Total about 40 bucks in unrealized losses. , so on the whole , still a net win.

With regard to the unrealized losses from other weeks, I closed one position that went from -30% to about -8% or so in the loss and so i exited. On the whole the unrealized losses from prior weeks have decreased and i believe I am net positive in the experiment so far.

The biggest losses so far are stocks that have had some major corporate action [delisting or acquired by someone else]. So not that common and therefore gives me more confidence.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157727
Ignore Cheese
10/1/2021 10:53:18 PM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/TRO-S-CROCK-POT-2-0/115856/130
redversa721 10/1/2021 10:39:59 PM
========================================================================

A big THANK YOU to you redversa721 for continuing to share your CROCK POT trading experience.
If you still net a win, you must be a really good trader !
Plus, your bottom fisher picks did really well.
Congratulations !

I am hoping that navigating the ebbs and flows this past week and the weeks before that
would eventually make me a better trader. The turbulences have a lot more learning value
to me than a bull market on auto-pilot.

Thanks again, redversa721

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157731
Ignore Cheese
10/2/2021 12:28:53 AM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/TRO-S-CROCK-POT-2-0/115856/130
========================================================================

FYI redversa721

According to Erin Swenlin, today Oct 1, 2021 was Upside Initiation Climax

https://d.stockcharts.com/img/articles/2021/10/01/8ddc0555-30f3-420d-809f-12172efef1a3.jpg

https://stockcharts.com/articles/chartwatchers/2021/10/two-more-climax-days-last-week-786.html

"Today's upside initiation climax holds promise, but we are dealing with a very weak market so we would expect to see churn more than a strong rally early next week."

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157732
Ignore redversa721
10/2/2021 6:05:55 AM

Thanks Cheese.
I have a little bit more confidence in this system with the last 2 weeks experience. Aim is to get the exit orders out in five mins or less. sometimes the weekly 2% gain happens in the first few mins.

Based on how the system works, plan is to create a simple bot that can place a trade sat evening and once filled auto create exit orders on first trading day [ETA after 50 weeks of testing]

If I develop this bot, this can also be used for the one stock a day system

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/I-trade-just-one-stock-TRO-style/61046/200

Have a good rest of the week.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157738
Ignore Cheese
10/2/2021 1:36:01 PM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/TRO-S-CROCK-POT-2-0/115856/99999
redversa721 10/2/2021 6:05:55 AM

If I develop this bot, this can also be used for the one stock a day system
https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/I-trade-just-one-stock-TRO-style/61046/200
===============================================================================

Wow, redversa721
You are very sophisticated.
Having confidence in your own system is like finding the key to the throne.
In a few years, you'd be neighbor to Oldmar and fly Blue Origin with Bezos.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157747
Ignore redversa721
10/2/2021 6:11:45 PM

Hahaha. I mean if this pans out, wouldnt be a problem sharing the bot with everyone. But got to do that live testing for a few more months. Cheers.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #157785
Ignore nibor100
10/6/2021 12:02:05 PM

@Cheese and any others following Redversa721's live weekly tests of TROs Crock Pot 2.0,

1. It dawned on me that due to the nature of how SF builds weekly bars during the week, that we can run Tro Crock pot 2.0 on each day of the week and see how the stocks, that filter found on the prior Friday close, are doing each day on either a cumulative basis or day by day.

2. To make the process a little more exact the following steps need to be taken on Friday after the close or anytime before the Open on Monday:

a. Create a blank watchlist, I named mine RedOct2
b. Run Tro Crock Pot 2.0 with the sort on column 5 descending
c. Check the boxes to the left of each stock listed from 1 to 20 then add them to your watchlist which should load up the watchlist with the 20 stocks Redversa721 will buy at the Open on Monday
d. Refresh your SF window so the Watchlist changes are updated system wide

3. After the Open on Monday do the following:

a. Make sure your filter results show up in Table mode with watchlist columns turned on
b. Run the modified TRO Crock Pot 2.0 filter, further below, and cycle thru the different days of the week to see the different results

4. Items that may be of interest to you when you run the filter for each day of the week

a. how many stocks achieved their 2% and 1% gains as of that day
b. the actual SF weekly bar Open, Close, High, and Low values thru that day( which is handy as no matter which day of the week you run the filter the charts are going to show the SF weekly bar thru the latest day of the week the market has been open)
c. how many stocks so far have failed to achieve 1% and/or 2% gains
d. And what I believe is a more interesting piece of info, is the results each day in the sort column 5, the weekly gain to date from Open to High, Perhaps a higher target than 2% should be used for taking profits based on the few weeks I've looked at.....

5. My changes to the filter were to add the Apply to Watchlist term for the putting in your watchlist of the 20 stocks, Commenting out all of the lines in the filter that filter the results as they sometimes reduce the results to less than 20, and I added in a weekly profit Open to weekly Close for studying results after the end of the week.

6. Being curious, I also create a Friday watchlist that has all of the Friday results in it and run the modified filter with that watchlist name in the Apply to Watchlist term so I can see how the rest of the stocks not in the top 20 also fare during the week as its easy to sort by the 20 stock watchlist column to see those stocks at the top on any given day.

Note, if you look at the filter results in the Forum view, the column 5 sort will be 1 column off, so you need to run the filter in its own window to get the right sort effect.

Ed S.

Fetcher[
/* TRO STAT SCAN for SWING TRADERS - use only on Saturday and Sunday
*/
apply to watchlist(redoct2)

set{whiop, weekly high - weekly open}
set{Long_Profit, whiop / weekly open }
set{wkProfitPct, 100 * Long_Profit }

set{onepct, count(Long_Profit > .01 , 52)}
set{twopct, count(Long_Profit > .02 , 52)}
set{triggered, count(Long_Profit > .02 , 1)}

DRAW TRIGGERED

set{onepcttriggered, count(Long_Profit > .01 , 1)}
set{twopcttriggered, count(Long_Profit > .02 , 1)}

add column wkProfitPct
add column onepct {hit 1% target over last 52 weeks}
add column twopct {hit 2% target over last 52 weeks}

and add column separator
add column onepcttriggered {hit 1% target this week}
add column twopcttriggered {hit 2% target this week}
and add column separator
and add column weekly open {wopen}
and add column weekly high {whigh}
and add column weekly low {wlow}
and add column weekly close {wclose}
set{wclop, weekly close - weekly open}
and add column wclop{wk prft wkop to wkclose}

/*close is above 5*/
/*average volume(90) above 500000*/
/*TWOPCT ABOVE 44*/

/* sort column 7 descending
Original TRO Cookpot
*/

sort column 5 descending
chart-display is weekly
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.