StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · OPTIONS STRATEGY - SELLING WEEKLY PUTS<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up
mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #118136
Ignore mahkoh
2/9/2014 7:06:00 AM

Earlier in this thread the protective leg was introduced partly to reduce margin, with the main other reason the risk of a large gap.

Gap risk on an etf is slim and SDS takes care of the margin problem.

I would suggest trading both legs naked.

abelduarte
9 posts
msg #118208
Ignore abelduarte
2/17/2014 12:56:41 PM

Hey Kevin, have you looked into using this along with Linear Regression ? I noticed the few times the indicator failed it was because the security was overbought and then suddenly failed. Try an approach with linear regression and not limiting yourself to only selling puts.

Modified filter:

symlist(aapl,amzn,goog,pcln,qqq)
set{volatility, atr(5)}
set{base, close}
set{putstrikeprice, base - volatility}
set{callstrikeprice, base + volatility}

add column weekly close {close}
add column volatility
add column putstrikeprice {Target put strike price for selling puts}
add column callstrikeprice {Target call strike price for selling calls}

draw price line at putstrikeprice
draw price line at callstrikeprice
draw Linear Regression(45,1.0)

If you look at Apple this week its right up there at the 45 day linear regression channel. The better approach this week would be to sell a call instead of a put.

four
5,087 posts
msg #118319
Ignore four
modified
2/22/2014 3:52:53 PM

http://www.moneyshow.com/trading/article/40/OptionsIdea-39406/Whats-a-Short-Call-Condor/

condor info

sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #124676
Ignore sohailmithani
8/17/2015 11:35:55 PM

Hi Kevin,

Would you mind sharing the SS code for this one especially for back testing since SF no longer offers this service. Appreciate your professional contributions and help.
Thanks

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #124678
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/18/2015 12:43:09 PM

There really is no SS code for this - it is all based on statistical probabilities, not really any code or filter. In truth this works 90% of the time for a decent gain but the 10% where it fails can erase a lot of successful weeks of gains. That is simply inherent in options trading.

I really have not focused on this system in a while - probably worth going back and looking at it, especially in range-bound markets like we have had recently.

sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #124679
Ignore sohailmithani
8/18/2015 7:45:05 PM

Kevin,

I saw a chart on page 1 of this post showing how apple only closed 6 or 7 times outside the strike price. Wondering if this can be tested on SS (no longer on SF I guess). Am trying to have some back up to the 90%success rate.

Am trying Weekly Iron Condors, Weekly Vertical Put Spreads and Call Spreads and Weekly Naked Puts (on a selected stock). Just not sure how to test or ensure these would continue to work positively 90% of the time.

Thanks

rongaunt
3 posts
msg #124680
Ignore rongaunt
8/18/2015 9:59:49 PM

Hi Kevin,

I am relatively new to Options but with the SPY currently being in a fairly tight range I have opted to Sell only Calls or Buy only Puts as I think the market is near its top... I have tried this out at www.Tradermob.com which is a great site for testing your Stock Fetcher ideas ie exactly like a real life account: and it costs nothing to trade and you can win prizes. You can get some idea of the possibilities of Options trading by looking at what other Contestants are doing as all trades can be seen by other members. If you would like to see how I have done using the Options look at 'arjee/Profile/Stats'

sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #124693
Ignore sohailmithani
8/19/2015 9:46:48 PM

www.Tradermob.com is a good site but how do I do spreads and condos on it>

Thanks

Char1977
1 posts
msg #129925
Ignore Char1977
7/20/2016 11:26:35 PM

Hello Kevin,
I find your filters wonderful and hope to use them in weekly bull puts or Bear calls depending on the market.
The first filter on your post is what i need. I also like the second filter posted on 1/31/2014.
I just signed up to stockfetcher today. It is all new to me.
What steps would I use to copy and past these filters so that they are available for use in dealing with Bull puts. I am having a lot of success with weekly options trading.
The key for me is always finding the right strike price
thank you
Char

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #129930
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
7/21/2016 7:34:53 AM

go here - very useful site with lots of info and tools. I used this to help me find the right strike prices for my system on Collective2.

http://www.unclebobsmoney.com/

Kevin

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · OPTIONS STRATEGY - SELLING WEEKLY PUTS<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.