StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I Look Stupid but I Really Need Someone's Help...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
ahcsim72
151 posts
msg #124977
Ignore ahcsim72
9/14/2015 6:50:06 PM

To make a long story short, I made some mistakes on my tradings and lost more than 60K... My story gets worst, but I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
No matter how stupid I look, I need to ask if there is anyone here who is willing to help me out. I think finding this website and using it wisely will put me into the right direction, but because I am new to this, I don't think I have any filters that I can trade with any of you guys to evaluate. If one of you have a tested working filter that you can share with me, please email me at ahcsim72@yahoo.com. If you are for real, I will contact you and give my contact information to thank you personally and to prove that my story is for real and I'm making stuff up to get a filter out of someone. I really need someone's help. Please help..

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #124982
Ignore graftonian
9/14/2015 8:42:32 PM

I was a newby in January of this year. I was immediately drawn to Kevins Pangolin z thread. Check out that thread, whether it works for you or not, there is a wealth of information in these clearly written and well annotated threads. The logic behind TRO's Crock Pot, and others was another informative read.
Now, after 9 months of paper trading, I am taking a few live positions. I couldn't have picked a worse time, and the results are incouraging

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125006
Ignore karennma
9/16/2015 7:41:55 AM

Hi Newbie,
Sorry to hear about your loss.
For a quick start, please go back to the archives starting in 2003 and read all of TRO's (TheRumpledOne) posts.
Starting at the beginning of the archives will give you a good foundation of "the basics".
Also, everything you want to know how to do on SF, can be googled
These message boards are a goldmine of information.
U just have to take the time to read thru everything.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125007
Ignore karennma
9/16/2015 7:49:58 AM

Actually, looks like archives start @ 2002.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #125044
Ignore johnpaulca
9/17/2015 1:24:04 PM

post your picks on intraday alert some of the folks there will gladly help....glty

marine2
963 posts
msg #125045
Ignore marine2
9/17/2015 1:37:38 PM

And it all depends on your timing method in trading. Are you a day trader, short term, or long term trader? Maybe you enjoy shorting stocks? Each trade method changes your filter's characteristics. No one gets good at this filter creating overnight. Study, test, and in time after doing enough paper trades and backtesting will you feel comfortable in using a particular method in choosing worthy company's to invest in. Good luck to you.

ahcsim72
151 posts
msg #125082
Ignore ahcsim72
9/18/2015 11:50:59 AM

I read and read, but they are very hard to understand...also there were so many filters.... If you can, can you please post some of the filters that are still very effective so that I can study them?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #125083
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/18/2015 12:14:16 PM

Hopefully that amount you lost was not a large percentage of your trading capital. For example, if you had started with 100K you are now down to 40K, and to regain the original amount would require earning a 150% return on capital - very hard to do within any reasonable time frame. Also, smaller amounts per trade are impacted by slippage and transaction costs, so you cannot really diversify all that much to mitigate risk. If this amount is more than that percentage, it will be very hard and time consuming to get back to where you were at the beginning.

I would suggest putting a hold on all trading while you figure out what you really want to do, then practice trade a few systems for six months or so to make sure that they mesh with your particular trading style and level of risk tolerance.

Don't expect to make your money back quickly - that mindset is what led you to lose it in the first place. You paid a very high tuition for this education - make sure you learn from this and do not let the same mistakes repeat themselves.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125097
Ignore karennma
9/20/2015 9:43:47 AM

And remember ... The Trend is your friend.
If the market is going down, it may be difficult to quickly make up that loss in long positions.

four
5,087 posts
msg #125099
Ignore four
modified
9/20/2015 12:35:04 PM

ahcsim72,

http://www.traderplanet.com/articles/view/163479-the-power-of-money-management/

Money management is a key ingredient to trading. The above link will get you started with some ideas.
It isn't just about the filter...

A few more articles:
http://www.traderplanet.com/articles/tag/money-management/

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I Look Stupid but I Really Need Someone's Help...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.