karennma 8,057 posts msg #127977 - Remove message |
4/14/2016 12:21:22 PM
marine2
796 posts
msg #127974
- Ignore marine2
modified 4/14/2016 11:44:28 AM
And yes, after you answer my questions I still want to live. :-),,
========================
Whaa hahahaha!
That's wasn't me ... that was, uhh ... ahem ...
U know who ....
;>)
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #127980 - Remove message |
4/14/2016 12:50:40 PM
I was only kidding guys....lol
|
four 5,087 posts msg #127984 - Remove message modified |
4/14/2016 3:04:08 PM
marine2
I rarely day trade (occurs because I get out too fast).
Usually looking for a swing. But do hold long-term. Long is with dividend. Rarely short, but needs to have little or no dividend. You will notice a theme on the GENERIC posts: 2 or 3 indicators, a trend indicator and then a trading indicator and a high and then sustaining the new level. The trading indicator will then drop a little and the trend remains.
Visit: http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Stock-Picks/Generic/118830
This is where I post ideas. No, I don't have a favorite.
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #127996 - Remove message |
4/15/2016 9:40:41 AM
karennma
6,185 posts
msg #127965
- Edit message 4/14/2016 7:26:03 AM
BTW, I bot NKE yesterday @ $57.98.
Lokking for $8-10+..
Earnings not until June 23rd.
==================
Well, my NKE trade is looking kinda sh*tty.
Even using the daily chart -- no guarantees ...
Hubris is usually punished.
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #128015 - Remove message |
4/16/2016 10:28:12 AM
I holding 4 stocks .. small poisitions.
They're not moving.
This looks like a REPEAT of last year.
Flash crash coming.
JMHO.
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129514 - Remove message modified |
6/30/2016 10:57:36 AM
Mondelez has reportedly made an offer to buy Hershey and now the stock is spiking
[Myles Udland]
June 30, 2016
Snack food giant Mondelez has made an offer to acquire Hershey, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
PS I am not holding any HSY shares :(
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #129517 - Remove message modified |
6/30/2016 1:40:14 PM
FOUR - Do you still have HSY << 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
four
2,976 posts
msg #129514
- Ignore four
modified 6/30/2016 10:57:36 AM
PS I am not holding any HSY shares :(
======================
Lesson learned ...
Altho' HSY is easy to trade, some stocks should just be held, otherwise you'll miss such moves as the one this morning.
EDIT:
@ Four,
I removed the rest of the message.
I talk too much.
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #129518 - Remove message |
6/30/2016 3:07:27 PM
or you can master one thing before moving to another, bad habits are transferable.
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #129519 - Remove message modified |
6/30/2016 3:38:45 PM
JP,
Altho' I removed most of my original message to Four ('cuz I talk too much), I don't agree.
Sometimes people have to try different things to find out what they do best.
Most Options, Forex & Futures traders I know started out trading stocks.
It's a fact of life; once you understand the power of leverage, most traders will switch.
Forex leverage is 50:1, 100:1 or 200:1.
To trade $100,000 of currency, you only have to deposit $1K, thus giving you 100:1 leverage.
Heck! A $1 million Treasury bill (futures) can be traded with a $405 margin deposit. That's 2,500 times leverage.
This is JMHO. Who would balk at risking LESS of their own money to make money?
There are at least 4 famous traders whose webinars I used to attend frequently. Long story short --
what I eventually found out was, NONE of them were actually buying any stock. They were all trading options!
Leverage!
EDIT:
To each his own.
Live and let live.
This is JMHO.
Don't shoot the messenger, just b'cuz you don't like the message.
To Four or anyone else who reads this, just for clarification, I thought I'd made it clear in my original message, that due to the lack of leverage in daytrading stocks, I've personally found that I can make more money simply holding the stock for a longer term .. certainly longer than a day or two, which is currently the case with NUGT and also would've been the case with HSY .. and many others.
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #129521 - Remove message |
6/30/2016 4:49:07 PM
Geesh!
JNUG just hit $212.24!
|