StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · watching sp500 plus spx and gold<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
aristid73
6 posts
msg #160747
Ignore aristid73
1/8/2024 7:14:23 AM

hello everyone,
my global filter is this single word: "sp500" and it works fine, when I use global filter I only get results from the snp500 companies.
I cannot figure out if or how I could add some symbols to my searches, in particular I would like to also include in the scan the sp500 index (SPY will do), also gold (GLD will do), and possibly other things, possibly some etfs?.
I am not even sure what sp500 is, is it a preset watchlist of some sort?
any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #160750
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/8/2024 11:28:06 PM

Post the filter so we can see what your talking about.

aristid73
6 posts
msg #160753
Ignore aristid73
1/9/2024 2:47:59 AM

hi, thanks for the response,
there is no code to post, this is my global filter:

-----
sp500
-----

thats it!
apparently if only allows the sp500 through to my filters, and it works well.
ideally, I would like it to be:

-----
sp500, SPY, GLD
-----

but, it does not work this way, hopefully someone knows how to do this!

jimvin
170 posts
msg #160756
Ignore jimvin
1/9/2024 5:52:51 PM

I've noodled around with your request ("noodled" a technical term for tried everything I can think of, including using the on-line instruction manual) and I have found no way to reconcile the functions. The "sp500" command does indeed return the Standard and Poors 500 stock listing, however for specific elements outside that data set (SPY, GLD) the only call recognized (as far as my experimenting shows) is the "symlist ( )" command.
You may want to ask StockFetcher directly if this what you request is possible ( using the "Contact Us" option under "Support" on the home page to prove me wrong yet again..).

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #160757
Ignore nibor100
1/10/2024 4:56:25 AM

First it appears SF’s sp500 list is missing some stocks, so that needs correcting.
2. You need to create a new watchlist with your 2 stocks that are not in sp500
3. Run a new filter with only sp500 phrase
4. Check the results checkbox and choose add to watchlist,keep doing until all results have been added
5.Open global filters and write new filter line
apply to watchlist (with your new watchlist name)
Ed S

aristid73
6 posts
msg #160759
Ignore aristid73
1/10/2024 12:13:09 PM

thank you for the replies,
I got me a list of the sp500 stocks as suggested, but when I tried to use them in my global filter I got a message that I need to upgrade my subscription, and I didnt look into it any more...

here's the list if anyone needs it..!

MMM,AOS,ABT,ABBV,ACN,ATVI,AYI,ADBE,AAP,AMD,AES,AET,AMG,AFL,A,APD,AKAM,ALK,ALB,ARE,ALXN,ALGN,ALLE,AGN,ADS,LNT,ALL,GOOGL,GOOG,MO,AMZN,AEE,AAL,AEP,AXP,AIG,AMT,AWK,AMP,ABC,AME,AMGN,APH,APC,ADI,ANDV,ANSS,ANTM,AON,APA,AIV,AAPL,AMAT,APTV,ADM,ARNC,AJG,AIZ,T,ADSK,ADP,AZO,AVB,AVY,BHGE,BLL,BAC,BAX,BBT,BDX,BRK.B,BBY,BIIB,BLK,HRB,BA,BWA,BXP,BSX,BHF,BMY,AVGO,BF.B,CHRW,CA,COG,CDNS,CPB,COF,CAH,KMX,CCL,CAT,CBOE,CBG,CBS,CELG,CNC,CNP,CTL,CERN,CF,SCHW,CHTR,CHK,CVX,CMG,CB,CHD,CI,XEC,CINF,CTAS,CSCO,C,CFG,CTXS,CME,CMS,KO,CTSH,CL,CMCSA,CMA,CAG,CXO,COP,ED,STZ,GLW,COST,COTY,CCI,CSRA,CSX,CMI,CVS,DHI,DHR,DRI,DVA,DE,DAL,XRAY,DVN,DLR,DFS,DISCA,DISCK,DISH,DG,DLTR,D,DOV,DWDP,DPS,DTE,DUK,DRE,DXC,ETFC,EMN,ETN,EBAY,ECL,EIX,EW,EA,EMR,ETR,EVHC,EOG,EQT,EFX,EQIX,EQR,ESS,EL,RE,ES,EXC,EXPE,EXPD,ESRX,EXR,XOM,FFIV,FB,FAST,FRT,FDX,FIS,FITB,FE,FISV,FLIR,FLS,FLR,FMC,FL,F,FTV,FBHS,BEN,FCX,GPS,GRMN,IT,GD,GE,GGP,GIS,GM,GPC,GILD,GPN,GS,GT,GWW,HAL,HBI,HOG,HRS,HIG,HAS,HCA,HCP,HP,HSIC,HES,HPE,HLT,HOLX,HD,HON,HRL,HST,HPQ,HUM,HBAN,HII,IDXX,INFO,ITW,ILMN,INCY,IR,INTC,ICE,IBM,IP,IPG,IFF,INTU,ISRG,IVZ,IQV,IRM,JBHT,JEC,SJM,JNJ,JCI,JPM,JNPR,KSU,K,KEY,KMB,KIM,KMI,KLAC,KSS,KHC,KR,LB,LLL,LH,LRCX,LEG,LEN,LUK,LLY,LNC,LKQ,LMT,L,LOW,LYB,MTB,MAC,M,MRO,MPC,MAR,MMC,MLM,MAS,MA,MAT,MKC,MCD,MCK,MDT,MRK,MET,MTD,MGM,KORS,MCHP,MU,MSFT,MAA,MHK,TAP,MDLZ,MON,MNST,MCO,MS,MSI,MYL,NDAQ,NOV,NAVI,NTAP,NFLX,NWL,NFX,NEM,NWSA,NWS,NEE,NLSN,NKE,NI,NBL,JWN,NSC,NTRS,NOC,NCLH,NRG,NUE,NVDA,ORLY,OXY,OMC,OKE,ORCL,PCAR,PKG,PH,PDCO,PAYX,PYPL,PNR,PBCT,PEP,PKI,PRGO,PFE,PCG,PM,PSX,PNW,PXD,PNC,RL,PPG,PPL,PX,PCLN,PFG,PG,PGR,PLD,PRU,PEG,PSA,PHM,PVH,QRVO,QCOM,PWR,DGX,RRC,RJF,RTN,O,RHT,REG,REGN,RF,RSG,RMD,RHI,ROK,COL,ROP,ROST,RCL,SPGI,CRM,SBAC,SCG,SLB,SNI,STX,SEE,SRE,SHW,SIG,SPG,SWKS,SLG,SNA,SO,LUV,SWK,SBUX,STT,SRCL,SYK,STI,SYMC,SYF,SNPS,SYY,TROW,TPR,TGT,TEL,FTI,TXN,TXT,BK,CLX,COO,HSY,MOS,TRV,DIS,TMO,TIF,TWX,TJX,TMK,TSS,TSCO,TDG,TRIP,FOXA,FOX,TSN,USB,UDR,ULTA,UAA,UA,UNP,UAL,UNH,UPS,URI,UTX,UHS,UNM,VFC,VLO,VAR,VTR,VRSN,VRSK,VZ,VRTX,VIAB,V,VNO,VMC,WMT,WBA,WM,WAT,WEC,WFC,HCN,WDC,WU,WRK,WY,WHR,WMB,WLTW,WYN,WYNN,XEL,XRX,XLNX,XL,XYL,YUM,ZBH,ZION,ZTS

aristid73
6 posts
msg #160760
Ignore aristid73
1/10/2024 12:40:40 PM

apparently the lists are limited to 200 symbols

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #160763
Ignore snappyfrog
modified
1/10/2024 7:06:01 PM

You can nest more than one "apply to symlist ( )" in a scan.

So 3 symlists would cover it.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #160765
Ignore nibor100
1/11/2024 6:36:57 AM

Watchlist not symlist.
Ed S

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #160770
Ignore snappyfrog
1/12/2024 6:41:39 AM

@nibor100

I know your response was about watchlists, but aristid73 listed the symbols.
They can be broken up into 3 symlists with the others that he/she wanted to see also.
The scan can then be run with all 3 symlists in the same scan.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · watching sp500 plus spx and gold<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.