StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · @graftonian<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #149804
Ignore karennma
12/4/2019 4:05:38 PM

Cheese
448 posts
msg #149779
- Ignore Cheese 12/3/2019 11:54:14 AM
karennma, was FIVE a typo or a tease? please elaborate on your post. Thank you.
==============================

That was NO joke.
A lot of people shop at "Five Below" ...
The same people who bought all those ROKUs on Black Friday.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149808
Ignore Cheese
12/4/2019 5:06:12 PM

karennma, thank you for your stock tips. I will watch for them in case sometimes they retest the recent lows and form a near term double bottom. That's FOMO in me talking.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #149814
Ignore karennma
12/5/2019 9:36:52 AM

Not "tips" .. just observations ..
FIVE =$115 - $127 in 2 days.
Take your profits.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149816
Ignore Cheese
12/5/2019 4:22:34 PM

ok, thanks karennma

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #149818
Ignore karennma
12/5/2019 8:41:53 PM

Cheese
453 posts
msg #149797
- Ignore Cheese 12/4/2019 10:10:01 AM
I used to do well with my Scottrade interface similar to this screenshot:
https://www.dividendmantra.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Scottrade-dashboard.png
But TD Ameritrade bought Scottrade and killed Scottrade systems and screen display abilities.

========================================

I totally understand.
I really do NOT like Ameritrade's platform. But now that Schwab has bought them out, they may come out with something better.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149821
Ignore Cheese
12/6/2019 1:17:51 AM

Thank you, karennma

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #149823
Ignore nibor100
modified
12/6/2019 10:22:51 AM

@cheese,

Regarding your request

"If you or anyone knows of any non-broker free platform that allows updated intraday watchlist quotes and charts"

A few questions as that screen image that you provided shows quite a bit of stuff.

1. How big is your monitor, or are you using more than one monitor?

2. How important is it for you to have the Time and Sales info and or the Dow Jones News info?

3. How frequent must the intraday updates be or is 15 to 20 minute delay OK?

I have some ideas but I'd rather they be relevant.
Thanks,
Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149825
Ignore Cheese
12/6/2019 12:57:34 PM

12/6/2019 10:22:51 AM
@cheese,
Regarding your request
"If you or anyone knows of any non-broker free platform that allows updated intraday watchlist quotes and charts"
A few questions as that screen image that you provided shows quite a bit of stuff.
1. How big is your monitor, or are you using more than one monitor?
2. How important is it for you to have the Time and Sales info and or the Dow Jones News info?
3. How frequent must the intraday updates be or is 15 to 20 minute delay OK?
I have some ideas but I'd rather they be relevant.
Thanks,
Ed S.
===========================================================

Thank you, ED. You are very kind.
I am at a beginning trading level (no options) so my systems display requirements are quite basic.
1. My monitor is 19 inches
2. In the top 2/3 of the screen, I had a spreadsheet type display of my watchlist with rows of symbols and columns of open, high, low, close, changes, volume
AND in the bottom 1/3 of the screen, I had 3 mini charts with 3 intraday timeframes with VWAP and 2 moving averages in each chart
3. My Scottrade update was continuous, so I guess that would be a few seconds delay only. If it paused longer, it signaled something was up. Sometimes I could see transactions of 1 stock only for highly liquid instruments. I could also see phantom bars on 1 min timeframe.

I don't mind paying subscriptions but I'd rather not have to deposit money and open a trading account.

It used to be easier to post picture images but some hosts no longer provide that service.

Thanks again, Ed

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #149831
Ignore nibor100
12/7/2019 1:25:22 PM

@cheese,

a. I'm a big believer in using trial subscriptions to find new stock charting, scanning, etc info. So you could try StockCharts.com which provides a free 30 day and they have realtime data for US stocks but in their multiple chart screen they seem to only offer one type of intraday chart of 10 minutes. I don't remember if they have VWAP or not.

b. The old FreeStockCharts.com has been brought back under the TC2000 umbrella but is still available for free Follow these steps to get to it:

type freestockcharts.com

into you browser address bar and then /__REMOVED__/

at their site choose the get started for Free bar,
provide an email address, download the software.

provide a password and screen name and choose run Free version when it comes up,

That should provide all of the intraday chart types on one screen along with watchlist and indicator capability.
I think the data is mostly realtime from BATS but it can vary up to 15 or 20 minutes
They even offer free 3 hour Gold trial and that might repeat each day,
c. The reason I asked about screen size is that I was thinking you could have 2 or more browser tabs displayed as separate windows(normally by just dragging the tab past the side boundary of your main browser window) and use an SF filter that is applied to only your watchlist with the data you want to see in the columns and in the other tab window have the corresponding SF chart or some other websites chart if you like them better. but that's a no go since you want at least 3 intraday timeframes displayed

Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149832
Ignore Cheese
12/7/2019 3:10:57 PM

nibor100 12/7/2019 1:25:22 PM wrote

@cheese,

a. I'm a big believer in using trial subscriptions to find new stock charting, scanning, etc info. So you could try StockCharts.com which provides a free 30 day and they have realtime data for US stocks but in their multiple chart screen they seem to only offer one type of intraday chart of 10 minutes. I don't remember if they have VWAP or not.

b. The old FreeStockCharts.com has been brought back under the TC2000 umbrella but is still available for free Follow these steps to get to it:

type freestockcharts.com

into you browser address bar and then /__REMOVED__/

at their site choose the get started for Free bar,
provide an email address, download the software.

provide a password and screen name and choose run Free version when it comes up,

That should provide all of the intraday chart types on one screen along with watchlist and indicator capability.
I think the data is mostly realtime from BATS but it can vary up to 15 or 20 minutes
They even offer free 3 hour Gold trial and that might repeat each day,
c. The reason I asked about screen size is that I was thinking you could have 2 or more browser tabs displayed as separate windows(normally by just dragging the tab past the side boundary of your main browser window) and use an SF filter that is applied to only your watchlist with the data you want to see in the columns and in the other tab window have the corresponding SF chart or some other websites chart if you like them better. but that's a no go since you want at least 3 intraday timeframes displayed

Ed S.
==========================================================================

A BIG THANK YOU to you, Ed
Much appreciated.
I hope your info helps some other members, too.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · @graftonian<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.