StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watchlist of HYPE stocks.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48166
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/26/2006 4:19:52 PM

I am sure some of you receive mail hyping stocks.

I thought it might be fun and possibly profitable, if we started a watchlist of these stocks.

This week I got ACHM and RENG in the mail.

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #48177
Ignore lockwhiz
11/27/2006 9:23:45 AM

Great idea to see how they really pan out....they always sound so convincing.... so appealling ...so intriguing .... so enticing ... lets see if they are so profitable.

One I liked a few months ago, (no longer have the mailing), was NXTM - NextStage. They offered a portable Dialysis machine ... I wish I had the details for you. Anyways I will add to the list as I get them.

From your "Detective posts", I think the current list to watch is :

FRPT
PUDC
AKNS

... any others ?

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #48178
Ignore lockwhiz
11/27/2006 9:25:06 AM

revised list ... added your two recent adds:

FRPT
PUDC
AKNS
ACHM
REND

wallman
299 posts
msg #48190
Ignore wallman
11/27/2006 10:00:05 PM

Here ya go
Knock yourself out with these beauties
SPAM PICKS AT THEIR BEST: http://www.spamstocktracker.com/

juha
52 posts
msg #48195
Ignore juha
11/28/2006 1:52:27 AM

I also received those spam stock reports... I noticed that many of those stocks has very low volume... and one crazy idea come to my mind... what will happens if I start to buy some stock with lowest average volume??? If I have enough money to buy 2-3 daily volume then after 2-3 days of buying stock definetely will have higher price... so those other guys around the world who received same spam stock report may notice that stock which was mentioned like "hot" is really hot and really growing... they may start to buy also... so time to sell for me :)
any comments for that crazy idea?

juha
52 posts
msg #48196
Ignore juha
11/28/2006 1:53:50 AM

AKNS from above mentioned stocks has low volume , so if we cooperate together we can easily buy 2-3 daily volume.....

Aktienfahnder
36 posts
msg #48198
Ignore Aktienfahnder
11/28/2006 2:58:37 AM

Interesting ideas... here you can find more information:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/stockspam/public/index.php

http://www.crummy.com/features/StockSpam/

Good luck,
Aktienfahnder

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48202
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
11/28/2006 8:57:17 AM

The stocks I mentioned in the first post were received from MYER'S SECRET STOCKS via "snail mail" not email. I wasn't thinking about the email "tips" from people we never heard of, I am sure we all get those.

Thanks for posting the stock spam sites... pretty cool.

juha
52 posts
msg #48220
Ignore juha
11/29/2006 4:12:23 AM

"The researchers discovered that if a spammer bought a stock a day before beginning heavy touting, then sold the morning after the first day of touting, the average return on investment was 4.9 percent. And more effective spammers saw a 6 percent return."
4.9 % / day - not bad ...
so let's start to spam :)
actually what really matters is a daily volume, if volume increased after spam mail then price will growth... so it seems the lower the average daily volume of stock the higher it will growth after spam email... especially if spam email will be incidentally synchronised with some good news from the comapany then I bet the stock will rise... those researches are not traders so they did not consireder volume factor... I'm shure the core thing here is an increased volume at a day of spam, so they should consider "average volume(30)" before spam email and at the day of spam email...

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #48226
Ignore tmaugham
11/29/2006 11:02:18 AM

I'm getting spam today for HEGP. Buy at .23, will go to .80 short-term, $2.50 long-term. How can I resist? I'll be a gazillionaire!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watchlist of HYPE stocks.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.