StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Value of Big 7<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #160504
Ignore snappyfrog
8/20/2023 9:25:45 AM

I want to plot as an indicator below the price / volume plots the combined value of the Big 7 -
AAPL, MSFT, NVDA, TSLA, GOOGL, AMZN and META.

This is an experiment of a new filter that will track SPY, Big 7 value and McClellan Oscillator.

Thanks

xarlor
562 posts
msg #160505
Ignore xarlor
8/20/2023 10:44:17 AM

Fetcher[
symlist(SPY)
set{clAAPL,ind(AAPL,close)}
set{clMSFT,ind(MSFT,close)}
set{clNVDA,ind(NVDA,close)}
set{clTSLA,ind(TSLA,close)}
set{clGOOGL,ind(GOOGL,close)}
set{clAMZN,ind(AMZN,close)}
set{clMETA,ind(META,close)}

set{var1,clAAPL + clMSFT}
set{var2,var1 + clNVDA}
set{var3,var2 + clTSLA}
set{var4,var3 + clGOOGL}
set{var5,var4 + clAMZN}
set{super7,var5 + clMETA}

draw super7
]

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #160506
Ignore snappyfrog
8/20/2023 9:52:27 PM

Thanks Xarlor

push5280
197 posts
msg #160507
Ignore push5280
8/20/2023 9:57:24 PM

added a 7 day cema

Fetcher[
symlist(SPY)
set{clAAPL,ind(AAPL,close)}
set{clMSFT,ind(MSFT,close)}
set{clNVDA,ind(NVDA,close)}
set{clTSLA,ind(TSLA,close)}
set{clGOOGL,ind(GOOGL,close)}
set{clAMZN,ind(AMZN,close)}
set{clMETA,ind(META,close)}

set{var1,clAAPL + clMSFT}
set{var2,var1 + clNVDA}
set{var3,var2 + clTSLA}
set{var4,var3 + clGOOGL}
set{var5,var4 + clAMZN}
set{super7,var5 + clMETA}

draw super7
draw cema(super7,7)
]

sr7
101 posts
msg #160584
Ignore sr7
9/27/2023 1:00:48 PM

CNBC calls it the Magnificent 7

The word Magnificent has too many syllables, they ought to call it the Big 7; it's easier.

the Magnificent 7:

sr7
101 posts
msg #160585
Ignore sr7
9/27/2023 1:24:41 PM

I went to Google's A.I. called Bard, and chatted with it about the Big 7 --- here's the conversation:

SR7
CNBC has an index called the Magnificent 7, do you know it?

BARD
Yes, I am familiar with CNBC's Magnificent 7 index. It is a basket of seven large-cap technology stocks that are seen as leaders in their respective industries. The seven stocks are:

Apple (AAPL)
   Amazon (AMZN)
   Alphabet (GOOGL)
   Meta (META)
   Microsoft (MSFT)
   Nvidia (NVDA)
   Tesla (TSLA)

The Magnificent 7 index has been a strong performer over the past few years, outpacing the broader market. It is seen as a good way to invest in the growth of the technology sector. However, it is important to note that the Magnificent 7 index is concentrated in a relatively small number of stocks. This means that it is more volatile than the broader market and could be more susceptible to downturns. Investors should carefully consider their risk tolerance and investment goals before investing in the Magnificent 7 index. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

SR7
What's the ticker symbol Magnificent 7 index?

BARD
There is no ticker symbol for the Magnificent 7 index, because it is not a traded index. It is simply a basket of seven stocks that is tracked by CNBC. If you want to invest in the Magnificent 7 index, you can do so by buying all seven stocks. Alternatively, there are a number of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that track the technology sector, such as the Invesco QQQ Trust Series 1 (QQQ) and the Vanguard Technology ETF (VGT). These ETFs provide exposure to a broader range of technology stocks than the Magnificent 7 index, but they will also include some stocks that are not part of the index.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

sr7
101 posts
msg #160586
Ignore sr7
9/27/2023 1:28:23 PM

I also went to Bing's A.I. and asked about the Big 7:

SR7
CNBC has an index called the Magnificent 7, do you know it?

Bing A.I.
Yes, I am aware of the Magnificent 7 index. It is a list of seven stocks that CNBC's Jim Cramer believes are the real deal and worth keeping an eye on. The seven stocks are:

1. Apple
2. Microsoft
3. Nvidia
4. Amazon
5. Meta (formerly known as Facebook)
6. Tesla
7. Alphabet (Google)

According to Cramer, these stocks are the market winners of this year, primarily tech giants who bet on generative AI. He believes that investors should stick with these "Magnificent Seven" winning stocks, even if it feels a little tiresome .

I hope that helps!

SR7
What's the ticker symbol for the Magnificent 7 index?

Bing A.I.
The Magnificent 7 index is not a publicly traded index, and therefore, it does not have a ticker symbol. However, there is a Bloomberg Magnificent 7 Total Return Index that tracks the performance of the seven stocks in the Magnificent 7 index. The index is an equal-dollar weighted equity benchmark consisting of a fixed basket of seven widely-traded companies classified in the United States and representing the Communications, Consumer Discretionary, and Technology sectors as defined by Bloomberg Industry Classification System (BICS) ¹. The ticker symbol for this index is **BM7T:IND** ¹.

I hope that helps!

Source: Conversation with Bing, 9/27/2023
(1) Jim Cramer names his 'Magnificent Seven' stocks that are the ... - CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/01/jim-cramer-names-his-magnificent-seven-stocks-that-are-the-real-deal.html.
(2) Forget FAANG, Meet the 'Magnificent Seven' Stocks Surging in 2023 - Money. https://money.com/faang-magnificent-seven-tech-stocks/.
(3) Cramer says to stick with his 'Magnificent Seven' tech stocks - CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/11/cramer-says-to-stick-with-his-magnificent-seven-tech-stocks.html.
(4) How one analyst says to trade the ‘Magnificent 7’ to beat ... - CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/18/how-one-analyst-says-to-trade-the-magnificent-7-to-beat-the-market.html.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 9/27/2023
(1) BM7T Quote - Bloomberg Magnificent 7 Total Return Index. https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BM7T:IND.
(2) Your Complete Investing Guide for "the Magnificent Seven" - Money Morning. https://moneymorning.com/investing/your-complete-investing-guide-for-the-magnificent-seven/.
(3) The "Magnificent Seven" Stocks Are Soaring Toward a Bull Market: 2 .... https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/07/23/magnificent-seven-stocks-2-index-funds-to-buy/.
(4) Move Over, FAANG: The "Magnificent 7" Stocks Are Here, and These 2 .... https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/07/07/move-over-faang-the-magnificent-7-2-stocks-buys/.

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #160587
Ignore snappyfrog
9/27/2023 7:46:27 PM

Thanks sr7

sr7
101 posts
msg #160591
Ignore sr7
9/28/2023 3:01:58 PM

And I think S&P just hit bottom and all of the stocks in the Big 7. it was good thing that the S&P went down because it meant that it also dragged down the Big 7 with it, which means you can buy them at a LOWER price.

I think NVDA hit bottom about 4 days ago, and it's the first one to skyrocket upward (my opinion; it could come back down).

Speaking about A.I., IBM should be in there as well; because they're also doing A.I. just like the rest of them. AND it's also doing what Google is doing --- it's creating Quantum computers! Not supercomputers, but Quantum computers.

So we need to call it the Super 8.

And of all the stocks in the Super 8, IBM should be the one to buy if you're a long term investor.
As a long term investor you're going to want dividends, and IBM gives it out like not other (of the Super 8).

So now you have 3 ways that your money is growing when you invest with IBM:

1. You buy shares of IBM once a month --- every month.
2. And it grows about 10% a year (just like the S&P).
3. And it gives dividends! Don't take out the dividends; and it keeps growing.

The other stocks don't give dividends.

Goog: 0 dividends; nothing; zilch; nada!
Tsla: 0 dividends
Amzn: 0
Meta: 0

NVDA: .04 cents per share. What can you do with that?

AApl: .24 cents

Microsoft: .75 cents per share.

IBM: $1.66 per share; Awesome!

And that's my Opinion.

Claude 2

I asked Anthropic's Claude A.I. --- about IBM --- and here's what it said:

SR7
Does IBM do A.I. and Quantum computing?

Claude
Yes, IBM is a major technology company that is involved in both artificial intelligence (AI) and quantum computing research and development. Here are some key details:

• AI - IBM has been researching and developing AI technology for decades, dating back to the early days of AI in the 1950s and 60s. Some of their major AI projects and products include Watson, IBM Research AI, IBM Cloud Machine Learning, and various AI software and services focused on areas like natural language processing, computer vision, and predictive analytics. IBM is seen as a leader in applying AI in business and enterprise applications.

• Quantum Computing - IBM has been one of the leaders in quantum computing research for over 20 years. In 2016, they launched IBM Q, an initiative to build and provide universal quantum computing systems for business and science applications. IBM currently offers cloud-based access to its quantum computers for developers and researchers to run experiments and test algorithms. They have advanced the field through research on quantum hardware, software, applications and theory.

In summary, IBM has major initiatives and projects involving both cutting-edge AI as well as quantum computing technology. They are investing heavily in next-generation computing capabilities and are considered one of the top companies pushing these technologies forward both through internal research and making quantum and AI resources available to external developers and partners. Their work spans fundamental science as well as real-world business and scientific applications.

sr7
101 posts
msg #160601
Ignore sr7
10/4/2023 1:02:45 PM

Speaking about Microsoft, some people don't know this but back in the late 90's, Sun Microsystems went to war with Microsoft.

Microsoft versus Sun Microsystems:

But now, Sun doesn't exist anymore.

The rise and fall of Sun Microsystems:

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Value of Big 7<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.