StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading Strategy<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
apebearbull
10 posts
msg #157095
Ignore apebearbull
6/27/2021 2:25:00 PM

/try this one/
/BULLISH KICKER/

pattern is Bullish Kicking
and draw MA(200)
and market is not OTCBB
and market is not ETF

and Average Volume(30) Above 500000

and Price Above 1

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #157097
Ignore snappyfrog
6/27/2021 10:35:20 PM

Making it clickable.

Fetcher[

pattern is Bullish Kicking
and draw MA(200)
and market is not OTCBB
and market is not ETF

and Average Volume(30) Above 500000

and Price Above 1
]

cjbhogal
6 posts
msg #157101
Ignore cjbhogal
6/29/2021 12:52:05 PM

Thank you everyone for sharing your wisdom. I will certainly take serious note of each of the wisdom you shared along with the filters.
Thank you again.
C J

cjbhogal
6 posts
msg #157102
Ignore cjbhogal
6/29/2021 1:10:27 PM

Sorry forgot to respond to miketranz.

I am a swing trader (found my trading behavior. certainly not a day trader).
Thank you.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #157104
Ignore miketranz
6/29/2021 2:24:12 PM

Got it.I'll come up with some ideas for you.Best,Miketranz...

bubbagump
4 posts
msg #157105
Ignore bubbagump
6/29/2021 3:30:35 PM

Hi cjbhogal, I am new to the community here & in a similar boat in respect to not having strategie(s) in place at the moment. Tbh I have mostly relied on discretionary trading ideas up to this point in my young trading career. The fact that I am now here sums up how that has fared. Not that this hasn't made me money, but I find it an unsustainable way to generate profits. I'd prefer to take all the belief and emotion out of the equation.

Anyhow, my hope is to learn from everyone here and build up a toolbox of creative and workable mechanical trading ideas, run them through their paces with a low posiiton size, and hopefully build up some confidence that I am headed in the right direction.

Good luck!

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157108
Ignore Cheese
6/29/2021 4:57:50 PM

@push5280,

Thank you for the heads-up about Minervini.

Do you have any existing code examples of

1. how you estimate and set your mental stop loss

2. how you estimate and use Buffett's holy grail (as Minervini called it)
Percentage of winning trades x average gain
divided by
Percentage of losing trades x average loss

3. Do you exit when prices drop below MA(50)?

Thank you, push.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #157126
Ignore miketranz
6/30/2021 2:52:04 PM

Start here: https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/HIGH-PROBABILITY-ETF-TRADING-BY-LARRY-CONNORS-GET-YOUR-FILTERS-HERE/93830 Can be applied to individual stocks using a correlation filter.At the very least your getting statistic based set ups.Find out what works for you,what you're comfortable trading.Use your own money management to minimize risk,what you're comfortable with losing.Connors set ups do not use any stops.There's also plenty of good filters on here.My own personal advice for swing trading is pick a good entry point,either on a breakout,MA crossover,pullback,whatever works for you.Place a stop under your buy point.You determine where that point is by how much you're willing to lose or by a directional move against you.Preservation of capitol is the name of the game.How do you find out what works? Start out by trading real money in real time to get an education.Take notes,keep records of all your trades.See what works and what doesn't work.You'll get the hang of it.Hope that helps.Best,Miketranz...

cjbhogal
6 posts
msg #157133
Ignore cjbhogal
7/1/2021 10:28:05 AM

Thank you Miketranz for sharing your wisdom. will certainly follow.
i really appreciate and thank you all for sharing your hard earned experience.
Regards,
C J

miketranz
956 posts
msg #157135
Ignore miketranz
7/1/2021 12:31:59 PM

C J My pleasure.You may want to ck out "Unknown Market Wizards".Just got through reading it,highly recommend it.Delve into the minds of successful independent traders.Best,Miketranz...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading Strategy<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.