StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Request for feedback on charts<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
zfetch
16 posts
msg #470
Ignore zfetch
2/17/2003 9:12:36 PM

A sugested improvement: Please provide a 'wrap' feature, for the display of the symbol and multiple indicators at the top of a chart.
For the current charts, when several indicators are draw on the chart, only a few of these fit on the display line.

Instead of a single line, display all information possible -- at least 3 lines of information.

Example display for 2 lines:
XYZ _ Bollinger(20) _ EMA(30) _ EMA(60) _ EMA(90) _ LOW 6-week low ^Split
LOW 50-week low _ HIGH 6-week high _ HIGH 6-week high

Thanks,
zfetch

dsafari
43 posts
msg #472
Ignore dsafari
2/18/2003 4:23:07 AM

adrianf,

I don't see think the posts are leaning towards intra-day data at all. I would like to see daily, weekly and monthly data for myself. We already have daily and weekly, so monthly would be a nice addition :)

conquista
2 posts
msg #473
Ignore conquista
2/18/2003 7:42:58 AM

Hi Steve,

The better would be to customize the chart with possibility to change from
candlestiks to line or bar (if you could indroduce Kagi charts it would be great!) to customize also the size of the display of chart but also from the
oscillator(s). To display also multiple windows like one daily, an other weekly, and monthly. Of course it could be multiple charts from differents stocks.

Thank you very for your great site, your direction is the good one.

Best Regards

Luigi

defghca
150 posts
msg #475
Ignore defghca
2/18/2003 8:35:32 AM

i agree on the price increase issue; nicer charts do not warrant an increase in price. we use different sites for different purposes; yours is as per name a stockscreener site and it shouuld be your primary goal, it is whAT you do best. Stockcharts are the best for as their name implies for charts. As they say in french; "a chacun son metier et les chevres de m. Seguin seront bien gardees"!!!

zfetch
16 posts
msg #510
Ignore zfetch
2/23/2003 11:09:51 AM

Request for 'wrap' feature on any chart (updated from 2/17/03 suggestion)

Please provide a wrap feature to display all the indicator descriptions, for any chart with multiple indicators.

This is needed to read the all the descriptions, when a chart shows indicators from multiple filter criteria.
In the current charts, only a few descriptions fit on the single display line.

The main chart will show indicator descriptions for Bollinger bands, moving averages, Low 40-week low, etc.
The volume chart will show indicator descriptions for average volume (30), average volume (30) 18-week high, etc.
The other charts will show indicator descriptions for the basic indicator values, and any moving averages, x-day highs or lows for the indicator.

Display all information possible -- at least 3 lines of information.

Example display for 2 lines:
XYZ _ Bollinger(20) _ EMA(30) _ EMA(60) _ EMA(90) _ LOW 6-week low ^Split
LOW 50-week low _ HIGH 6-week high _ HIGH 6-week high

Thanks,
zfetch

spindoc
3 posts
msg #26034
Ignore spindoc
3/8/2003 9:00:47 PM

Hi Steve: I just subscribed after reading about your site in TAS&C. Very nice home page, IMO, and you offer a lot of user options for the price.

My suggestion is simple. On your flash charts can your programmers grab the OHLC info for each bar and display it on the header as our curser passes over each bar? It would make my back-of-the-envelope Fib calculations possible without having to switch sites.

Hmmm, here's another suggestion, maybe not so simple. How about a "compare to" overlay for the flash charts. That way we could visually compare the performance of an individual stock to, say, an index like SPX. The overlay may need a built-in or customizable offset to keep the chart from getting muddy with too many candles.

I'm looking forward to studying your system. Looks beautiful. Regards, Spindoc

scottcardiff
2 posts
msg #26051
Ignore scottcardiff
3/11/2003 6:32:50 PM

Maybe a Relative Strength indicator, noting the stock's strength relative to the SP 500.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #26053
Ignore karennma
3/12/2003 1:56:42 PM

I'm usually using 5-6 indicators simultaneously when I'm looking at charts. It's always a pain to have to maximize the chart then scroll all the way to the bottom to see the date. How about if the months were at the TOP of the charts?

defghca
150 posts
msg #26058
Ignore defghca
3/14/2003 9:20:05 AM

when you change the size of the chart; small medium etc. the indicator panes stay the same size. the indicator panes (volume and others0 should also resize

defghca
150 posts
msg #26060
Ignore defghca
3/14/2003 9:54:21 AM