StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Oliver Velez PCT Trading Plan<< >>Post Follow-up
snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #158587
Ignore snappyfrog
modified
2/12/2022 10:34:04 PM

This is from a YouTube by Oliver Velez. He calls it the PCT (position, color, trend) trading.
For position he wants close above both moving averages. For color, more green than red
bars or a "power" bar that totally wipes out the previous bar by a huge amount (50% bigger?).
For trend he wants the ma(20) moving up.

He prefers all 3, but will take a trade on just 2 being right.

Later in the video, he talks about Location and State. Location means he want
the entry on a candle coming off of, crossing one of the moving averages or at
least "near" one of the MAs.
For "state", he talks about the ideal area for entry is when both moving
averages are "close" together. The farther the MA are apart, the worse
the "state" of the trade becomes.

Fetcher[
market is not otcbb
market is not etf
price > 1
optionable
avgvol(10) > 1000000

/*position*/
close > ma(20)
close > ma(200)
/*color*/
set{color, count (close > close 1 day ago,10)}
draw color > color 1 day ago
/*trend*/
set{trend, count (ma(20) > ma(20) 1 day ago,5)}
draw trend > trend 1 day ago
]

This is what I have so far. Any help to define this would be greatly appreciated. I haven't
gotten it to 2 of 3 being correct, I just have all 3 being correct as an entry. Nor have I
added the "nearness" of the 2 MAs or the "state" characteristics".

TIA for any help you can provide.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #158590
Ignore nibor100
2/13/2022 11:47:03 AM

Can you provide a link to the video you watched as all of the ones I've looked at are day trading 2 minute bars only, which of course we can't see on SF.

Thanks,
Ed S.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #158591
Ignore snappyfrog
2/13/2022 3:30:49 PM

nibor100,

Here is the video. Even though he uses it on the 2 min chart, I've found
that all chart times work the same. A trading idea for 2 min works just as
well on daily or weekly charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-RWWlLB7-U

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #158592
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/13/2022 4:18:21 PM

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #158593
Ignore nibor100
2/14/2022 10:09:38 AM

@snappyfrog,

That video was one I hadn't looked at, but it didn't address the problem I'm having working on improving your filter: how many days back to look on a daily chart?

1. In multiple videos he defines the entry point for a Buy situation by drawing a box showing;

a. position of the 20 day being above the 200 day (your filter probably needs this condition added)
b. position of the 200 day
c. position of the last close
d. position of the lowest price in the last 45 minutes to an hour
e. position of the highest price in the last 45 minutes to an hour

2. He calls it Fabulous Four in some of those videos I watched

If he prefers to look back 22.5 periods(45 minutes) on a 2 minute chart to define part of his box then does that mean he looks back at least a month on daily charts?

Thanks,
Ed S.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #158594
Ignore snappyfrog
2/14/2022 8:02:18 PM

Ed,

Yes, I think one would need to make the lookback one month. I will look at
this when I get back home. Spending time visiting grandkids now.

Snappy

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #158597
Ignore nibor100
2/15/2022 12:34:24 PM

Ok, I fully understand as our 8 month grandchild is coming over this weekend to stay with us, demanding our full attention and energy!

Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Oliver Velez PCT Trading Plan<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.