StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BA<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #146911
Ignore karennma
3/13/2019 11:38:18 AM

@ Cheese,
I do NOT trade anymore .. I'm officially retired.
But I do keep my 15 min charts up when I'm home.
AllDayFaders posted an interesting comment ...
He said $BA had been GOING DOWN the week B4 the crash.
I saw that too, but I had expected it to go down because it was way past resistance.
The way I read Faders' post, it was as IF someone had been expecting something suspicious to happen.
All I'm saying is, it was way over resistance ... and we all know, what goes up exponentially, will come down.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #146912
Ignore Cheese
3/13/2019 2:17:15 PM

Thanks for continuing this chat a litte more, karennma.
I also had similar observations but I don't have enough experience or elaborate tools to know for sure.
BA stock prices started their decline on Mar 4, 2019, but distribution seemed to have begun in
Feb 2019. The stock behaviour seemed consistent with warnings and complaints from some
pilots and technical staff about seemingly recurring problems with the auto-throttles not deploying
as they should have for lift-off and nosedive situations, and BA also issued corrections to
user manuals.
Anyway, I don't want to take up more of your time.
Your retirement may be a real double blessing if the markets, the trade wars and the economy
stall.
HAVE A BLESSED RETIREMENT.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #146914
Ignore karennma
modified
3/13/2019 6:38:54 PM

Re: "BA stock prices started their decline on Mar 4, 2019, but distribution seemed to have begun in
Feb 2019."
===========================

@ Cheese,
"distribution"???? I think you mean "accumulation" ... because $BA made a stellar climb the entire month of February.

Wanna see something ... ?
Run this filter ....

Fetcher[symlist(ba)
draw Accumulation Distribution
draw Williams Accumulation Distribution
]

The warning was crystal clear on the Williams.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #146915
Ignore karennma
modified
3/13/2019 6:46:33 PM

@ Cheese,
I just noticed something else on that chart ....
The huge gap on 1-29-19 from $362.41 to 391.97 was filled today.

Edit:
This is not funny really. 150 people died.
They're all with GOD now.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #146916
Ignore Cheese
3/13/2019 7:38:12 PM

@karennma,
Yes, the plane crash is really tragic.

I only paid attention to BA stock price behavior to see if I could glean any oddities.
Of course, I wouldn't know better but I've read that big, smart money can pay
investment banks and brokerage houses to distribute, decrease their big holdings
of large liquid stocks like BA without affecting market prices. I believe that this is
what dark pools are about. I could be dead wrong.

Ethiopia does not trust FAA and BA enough, so they are asking Europe to analyze
black box data. Germany already declined.

There are more speculations about software safety failures related to takeoff and diving.
FAA and BA denied that government shutdown affected the rollout of some of
the 787 Max safety feature software. But there is no denial about software failure, yet.

I hope the problem is resolved and trust can be restored soon. Many pension funds hold BA.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #146917
Ignore karennma
3/13/2019 8:24:25 PM

Well, my retirement hangout ain't working .. $FB.
If it drops $10 tomorrow, I'll buy some.
LOL!

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #146918
Ignore Cheese
3/13/2019 11:03:05 PM

@karennma, thanks for the draw Williams Accumulation Distribution
Fetcher[
SYMLIST(BA,FB)
CHART-TIME 6 MONTHS
draw weekly Williams Accumulation Distribution line at 0
draw Williams Accumulation Distribution line at 0
]

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #146926
Ignore karennma
3/14/2019 8:06:16 PM

The following airlines were above resistance (like BA) but started tanking BEFORE BA ...
UAL
LUV
AAL

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #146927
Ignore karennma
3/14/2019 8:06:48 PM

Birds of a feather fly together.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #146928
Ignore Cheese
3/14/2019 8:38:40 PM

Thanks, Karen. More details are now coming out.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BA<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.