StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A very unexpected use of Donchian Center & Lower Bands<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
snappyfrog
654 posts
msg #155118
Ignore snappyfrog
12/27/2020 8:28:07 AM

Or possibly the separation / angle of the Weekly_Daily oscillator beneath the chart?

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #155138
Ignore Cheese
12/28/2020 8:45:24 PM

snappyfrog 12/27/2020 8:28:07 AM
Or possibly the separation / angle of the Weekly_Daily oscillator beneath the chart?
=================================================================-

Thank you, snappy.

Before Christmas, while I was Googling Edgerater and/or backtesting,
I came across a great article about modeling, using separations and "sine"
to mimic the broad strokes of stock prices

Unfortunately, now I couldn't find it again.

Maybe an expert at Edgerater and backtesting like Ed S may remember
seeing something like that. Or maybe you or someone can find it
with Google.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #155141
Ignore fotchstecker
12/30/2020 2:50:02 PM

Cheese, was it an article by John Ehlers? That sounds like something he gets into...
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sine+function+john+ehlers&atb=v1-1&ia=web

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #155146
Ignore Cheese
12/30/2020 7:02:05 PM

Thank you, fotch. Yes, I also like John Ehlers.

I couldn't find the article that shows how to build a model.
( I don't think it's doable with my sF basic sub.)

But I've found this interesting read, which is somewhat similar:
9 Cycles Every Stock Market Investor Should Know
by John Early Jun. 29, 2020
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4356287-9-cycles-every-stock-market-investor-should-know

In the past, smart sF members like graftonian would dabble into cycle models.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #155149
Ignore Cheese
12/31/2020 1:18:08 AM

graf(Duane), four, and John(Mac) have attempted to tackle the sine pattern in the past.

Although the sine wave seemed to be beyond our ability, John(Mac) suggested using IFT
as the next best thing, and it did seem pretty good.

Thank you, John(Mac) for the IFT workaround idea.

If this cycle model thing is to be believed, then we could expect a short-term pullback in
the near future.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #155150
Ignore Mactheriverrat
12/31/2020 3:31:15 AM

Your very Welcome!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A very unexpected use of Donchian Center & Lower Bands<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.