StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Tails, ODRs & ROCdiv...OH MY !!!<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 52 >>Post Follow-up
Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #94546
Ignore Eman93
7/4/2010 1:50:21 PM

Tails it is..... a must read.

http://www.futuresmag.com/Issues/2010/July-2010/Pages/Technical-indicators-A-statistical-approach.aspx?page=1

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #94628
Ignore alf44
modified
7/7/2010 8:17:04 PM

Good Job ... lil fella ???

YOU NAILED IT ONCE AGAIN !!!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #94630
Ignore alf44
modified
7/7/2010 9:34:17 PM

.. Whoa-Whoa-Wee-Whoa ... It's a very nice !!!..

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #94632
Ignore alf44
modified
7/8/2010 12:20:04 AM

................ In The Land Of The Blind ... .............

............. the One Eyed Man Is KING !!! .............

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #94634
Ignore Sqwii
7/8/2010 6:27:18 AM

Hi alf

Looking at your filter.

But an overall summary - when you go long then the best choices is to see that the number "1" is in all the 3 reversals (Tails , div, odr) ? So if the number 1 stands in all of them its a VERY good sign for reversal ? Or am I wrong here ?

Which reversal do you like best of these ?

Thanks a lot !

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #94642
Ignore alf44
modified
7/8/2010 4:57:25 PM

Sqwii,

First of all ... "The Filter" is a Long AND Short filter ...

...so, the presence of a "1" in the Tail, ODR or ROCdiv columns alerts you that EITHER a possible "Long" OR "Short" condition exists !

A quick glance at the other column info will then tell you whether a "bull" or "bear" Tail, ODR or ROCdiv is present.

Obviously, a look at the chart is always a must to gain further insight.

---

It is not necessary that ALL THREE happen together for me to consider them !

As for "which I like best" ... they each give me different information ... they each tell a bit of a different story.

I like'em all ... for different reasons !

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #94644
Ignore alf44
modified
7/8/2010 5:09:38 PM

FYI ... CLOSED ALL LONG POSITIONS TODAY !!! fwiw

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #94646
Ignore alf44
modified
7/8/2010 5:57:22 PM

Maybe I was a tad early … if so … so be it !

I think we give some back tomorrow … and I want NO part of it !

It was a nice coupla days … I’ll take my profits and wait for my next shot !

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #94647
Ignore Sqwii
7/8/2010 6:03:53 PM

alf I see

But then let me see , when you are looking by it - lets take it STEP by STEP.

1. What do you start looking at ? which columns?
2. If the column you look for is great , which is next ?
3. What do you look at after that ?
And next and next, I am just trying to get the best out of this fitler cause it looks nice.

I just filtered for the "Bang" liste highest ( cause whey move most in % ?)

But where do you want there should stand "1" in which columns and so ?

If not , can you tweak filter for your best picks of them ?

Thanks a lot alf

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #94648
Ignore alf44
modified
7/8/2010 6:22:54 PM

... go back and read the thread !

Look at the first few pages ... my posts to "drew9" and others spell out pretty clearly how I use this "filter".

I posted a chart of KLAC ... on about the 3rd or 4th page of the thread where I walk thru several trade set-ups that might also be helpful.

It's all here ... just read ... or, even better ... STUDY !

Then ... maybe we can talk again.

---

* Let me just say this ... this is NOT a "Step 1 ... Step 2 ... Step 3 ... Load the wheelbarrow with CASH" system !

---

This "filter" gives you clearly defined occurences / price patterns / conditions that very likely will lead to a change in the current price direction or, at the very least a change in short term momentum !

---

You MUST look at each day's results within an OVERALL CONTEXT of the Market you are currently in !

Further, you MUST look at each day's results through the prism of a "2 to 3 DAY RHYTHM" ... as is interpreted and displayed in this "filter" by the 2 period ROC ! This little momentum indicator is a very nice proxy for the 2 to 3 day Market Rhythm which I believe exists in the Markets !

If you notice, from the very first post in this thread I have often put "filter" in quotes ... when referring to this "filter".

That is because it is NOT a "filter" ... it is more a SYSTEM ... a system that filters and alerts you to price phenomena in the Market and also gives you additional column information to further define a context with which that price phenomena takes place !

It is THEN ... up to the trader to make the appropriate trading decision ... based on his own knowledge and trading objectives !!!

HTH

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Tails, ODRs & ROCdiv...OH MY !!!<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 52 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.