StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Oversold conditions<< >>Post Follow-up
rsingh
51 posts
msg #26353
Ignore rsingh
5/1/2003 9:22:23 PM

Are there any good filters that determine bottoms? I am looking for short term trades - 1 week. I have been looking at RSI but has anyone combined multiple indicators.

Any other filters are welcome that are good for short term trades.

defghca
150 posts
msg #26367
Ignore defghca
5/2/2003 9:21:47 AM

what filters using which settings are the best for oversold conditions ???

dumcrief
6 posts
msg #26416
Ignore dumcrief
5/6/2003 2:44:00 PM

Hi, Re. oversold, the way I do it is I look for stocks with a rsi (15) of 20 and under, and with a price under $1.00 and a volume of 400000 daily average. I have learned not to be sucked away from this policy and it sure has paid off for me. You may only find 1 or 2 per month but are worth it. Hope this helps. Do not buy mhu, it's strange,
Cheers

rsingh
51 posts
msg #26418
Ignore rsingh
5/6/2003 9:07:31 PM

Thanks, I will put that filter in.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #26646
Ignore EWZuber
5/29/2003 4:35:07 AM

What I have done with very good success is to look for stocks that are oversold with Stochastic %K less than 25, stock price is above their 15, 25, 50 or 200 DMAs, within 5% of the chosen DMA, with greater than 100K shares ADV, ( pick your price range above about $2 for reliability sake ). I use seperate screens for each of the DMAs all else is the same. What this will produce are stocks that have fallen near the bottom of a stochastic cycle and are about to test a moving average as support. This works great when a stock or the general market is in an uptrend. Look for stocks with the best fundamentals and chart patterns to optimize results.
I use the opposite in downtrends when looking for short positions. Looking for overbought stochastics %K greater than 75, stock price below the 25,50 or 200 DMA and within 5% of the DMA. This will give you stocks that are weak ( below the DMA ) and have become overbought trying to reach resistance and I'm looking for a bounce down off of the chosen moving average. This also works very well. Look for stocks with poor fundamentals and poor looking chart patterns for best results.

no4j
45 posts
msg #26650
Ignore no4j
5/29/2003 9:34:15 AM

dumcrief, how low will you go in price on your 'under 1.00' filter? I backtested it and it returned a lot of stocks the are less than 10 cents. Still, the results were good. Do you use those?

Dave

dmindy
42 posts
msg #26888
Ignore dmindy
6/16/2003 2:19:43 AM

EWZuber,

Is this the right Syntax, or am I missing something?

Show stocks where
fast stochastic(15,3) %K is below 25
and price is above MA(50)
and price is near MA(50)
and average volume is above 100000

Thanks!
dmindy

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #26889
Ignore EWZuber
6/16/2003 2:40:04 AM

I am new to this particular screen but used to use one very similar. Here is the correct syntax for several oversold screens,
This one looks for stocks bouncing up off of the 15 DMA:

Find stocks trading between $2 and $15 Williams %R oversold greater than -80 Slow stochastics %K less than 25 where the close is less than 6% above (15)MA and average volume is more than 100,000 shares

This one looks for a bounce up off of the 25 DMA:

Find stocks trading between $2 and $15 Williams %R oversold greater than -75 Slow stochastics %K less than 30 where the close is less than 6% above (25)MA and average volume is more than 75,000 shares

This one looks for stocks bouncing up off of the 50 DMA:

Find stocks trading between $2 and $15 Williams %R oversold greater than -80 Slow stochastics %K less than 25 where the close is less than 6% above (50)MA and average volume is more than 100,000 shares

The same can be done for the 100 & 200 DMA's for times when the market is not so bullish. Also I added this phrase to the same wording as above into a seperate screen 'pattern is Bullish Morning Doji Star'. You won't get many hits with it but when you do it's a good bet, IMO.
Use whatever dollar range and volume range that suits you. The rest is optimized for trades that are very close to starting a new stochastic phase of accumulation.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Oversold conditions<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.