StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DEADLY COMBO<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up
chetron
2,817 posts
msg #66837
Ignore chetron
modified
8/31/2008 6:58:16 AM

ROFLMAO

I DIDN'T TAKE MY MEDS YET.

"VANITY IS DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE SIN"

LOL

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66847
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/31/2008 1:38:29 PM

campbellb75

What if 13th and TRO got along, became allies, and helped educate those of us who are fans of each rather than arguing in this forum? It's like Shaq and Kobe...you both have amazing skills, so get along and win some championships! Hey, I live in L.A. and can't help the sports analogy. I'm a big fan of each of you, TRO and 13th. I feel like I've learned a ton just in a short time reading up on this site, darksidetrading, and GOTS. We're all here to make money. It would be great to see the two of you let the past be the past and work together to help the rest of us who are trying to gain as much knowledge as each of you has. Just my two cents. And thank you both for everything you contribute in helping us out.

============================================

Get along?

Someone would have to make reparations. Is 13th willing to put the header back on the filter of mine that he copied? Is 13th willing to have Tim Sykes edit the article and put my name/handle in there?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67009
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/6/2008 1:58:01 PM

This says it all:

http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/2007/11/i-want-stats-and-edge.html

That's called RESPECT and APPRECIATION.

You can learn a lot more than just trading from Muddy!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67010
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/6/2008 2:08:19 PM

13th_floor
- Ignore 13th_floor 5/13/2008 9:35:21 PM

lizzy,

Fetcher[show stocks where the average day range(10) is above 8 percent and close price is between 1 and 10 and volume is above 300000 and
date offset is 0
]

And I have a column on it for ADR(30) to match up the highest ones.
I start at 8% and keep upping the % until I have 40 matches.

Tonight 10.1% ADR(10) gives 40 awesome matches.
Rank them in order by ADR(30) column

Fetcher[show stocks where the average day range(10) is above 10.1 percent and close price is between 1 and 10 and volume is above 300000 and
date offset is 0
]

============================================================

Fetcher[
/* 13th Floor ADR Specs*/

set{adr10 , average day range (10) }
set{adr30 , average day range (30) }

and add column adr10
and add column adr30

average day range(10) is above 10 percent
close price is between 1 and 10
volume is above 300000

/* TRO STAT DISPLAY - 10 PERCENT POPS PER WEEK */

set{HiOp, high - open}
set{Long_Profit, HiOp/open }

set{B10A, count(Long_Profit > .10 , 100)}

set{A10A, count(Long_Profit > .10 , 1)}
set{chg, sum( A10A - A10A 1 day ago ,5)}

and add column separator
and add column B10A {GT10%}

add column chg{(wk)}
add column chg 1 week ago{(-1wk)}
add column chg 2 weeks ago{(-2wk)}
add column chg 3 weeks ago{(-3wk)}
add column chg 4 weeks ago{(-4wk)}
add column chg 5 weeks ago{(-5wk)}
add column chg 6 weeks ago{(-6wk)}
add column chg 7 weeks ago{(-7wk)}
add column chg 8 weeks ago{(-8wk)}
and add column separator
add column industry
add column sector
and add column separator

sort column 6 descending
CHART-TIME 1 MONTH
]

What I have discovered is that no matter what scan you run if you add the TRO STAT DISPLAY to it, you'll usually see the stocks that POP the most. So why not just filter out the stocks that POP the most in the first place and trade those?

The only criteria that make a difference is the price and volume selection.

Try it for yourself!

tortexal
9 posts
msg #67081
Ignore tortexal
9/8/2008 7:19:48 PM

13-

Hey just wanted to say thanks for this thread and the discussion. Playing pump and dumps has been working just fine but for some reason recently it seemed like i was always late to the party. And, i wanted to learn how to go long (i went long, i should have shorted). I don't know if it was because i was getting distracted from my trading w/ work or what but i went from 22nd on covestor to whatever im at now! So i spent the weekend reading through all of this and your blog. So I set the scans up, made some of my own for supernovas that I watch for anyway.

I have to tell you, these filters, imported to your watch list, are phenomenal for catching movement as its happening. I have a much much better chance of finding stocks for potential plays long or short and can catch them way quicker.

Also I set up a scottrade account for the HOD screen, that thing is invaluable to pick these runners off as well. It'll probably take some time to get use to everything but what a difference. Thanks for sharing so much information

-Adam

lfrisch
27 posts
msg #67088
Ignore lfrisch
9/9/2008 12:11:34 AM

This is a pretty cool filter. I get lots of results for this. For the intraday time frame and real time alerts you can just upload your csv directly to madscan and use the signals to monitor the activityon these stocks. You can download the 2 week trial from www.madscan.com

I will try this tomorrow.

Regards,
L

StJoe
91 posts
msg #69238
Ignore StJoe
modified
11/16/2008 8:12:29 AM

ADR(30) - Where is the RFR filter that has it in it?

What is a - 10/60 cross - ?

TIA

hfilty
16 posts
msg #69247
Ignore hfilty
11/17/2008 12:41:26 AM

go to http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/ and you will find the answers

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #84558
Ignore tmaugham
12/17/2009 9:09:49 AM

pop

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86477
Ignore mesayah
1/18/2010 1:22:23 AM

Can you in more detail explain what is meant by red to green?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DEADLY COMBO<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.