StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Conditional entry not working<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
glider
59 posts
msg #36207
Ignore glider
6/4/2005 7:59:13 PM

I've entered several different entry requirements, none of them work. Examples: .1, open + .1, open + 1%. In each case, it enters the stock at the open price and returns the same number of trades and statistics. Can someone give me the proper syntax.

woodstock
10 posts
msg #36279
Ignore woodstock
6/11/2005 2:56:39 PM

Yes, I have the same problem. Is it bug or feature?

MikeB60046
43 posts
msg #36388
Ignore MikeB60046
6/20/2005 1:00:10 PM

I have found this to be true, also. No matter what condition you use the results are the same. Please fix.

tomb
267 posts
msg #36389
Ignore tomb
6/20/2005 1:06:38 PM

Hi,

If possible, can you send an example to the StockFetcher support? You can do this by clicking on the "Support" link and complete the feedback page when viewing the results. This will help us determine if there is an error in the backtesting, or if a change might be needed with your set-up.

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #36396
Ignore Koronbock
6/21/2005 5:42:40 AM

Tomb,
NO MATTER what condition you set, the results are always the same. It makes NO DIFFERENCE at the moment to put in a condition or have no conditin at all. Just try it for yourself, put ANY conditon you want and you will not see any change in results. Obviosly this needs fixing.

tomb
267 posts
msg #36397
Ignore tomb
6/21/2005 7:52:48 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not sure what you mean. Please enter the phrase the phrase below in the entry box and click "conditional" entry.

open plus 1.50

You should see drastically different results. If not, please be sure to let us know!

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

glider
59 posts
msg #36399
Ignore glider
6/21/2005 8:27:39 PM

Tomb,

I made the entry as you said and the results were different. I changed the entry price and got different results each time. So, it is working.
Thanks for looking in to this.

woodstock
10 posts
msg #36571
Ignore woodstock
6/30/2005 12:47:54 AM

Works!! Many thanks.

radovan.arendas
41 posts
msg #44911
Ignore radovan.arendas
6/13/2006 4:09:16 AM

Hello,
I'm new at StockFetcher and looking for a help from you more experienced.
Can anybody help me how / where to put in backesting a condition for entry?
I want to simulate following situation.
Based on yesterday activity I decide to enter into position close to today close (30min before markets close) if:
1. Abs(actual price – open ) > abs(close 1 day ago – open 1 day ago)
2. Volume reached a new 5 day high

What I tried to do in backtesting is:
A. I moved the whole filter 1 day sooner (i.e. it is now 2 days before today entering into position)
B. I put that entry price today is = close 1 day ago
C. I tried to put conditional entry:
1. Abs(close 1 day ago – open 1 day ago) > abs(close 2 days ago – open 2 days ago)
2. Volume reached a new 5 day high 1 day ago

My problem is that when I put these conditions (1. & 2.) in the filed "Entry Price" in the "Advanced Options" it shows 0 results. Without them I have like 300 results.
I think I should either find the proper field where to put these conditions or change them somehow to reflect my model to enter into position close to today close (30min before markets close)

Thank you in advance for your help
Regards
r.a.

dmindy
42 posts
msg #45301
Ignore dmindy
6/26/2006 9:34:04 PM

ok so does this mean we can now put things like "price is above close 1 day ago" in there?

StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Conditional entry not working<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.