StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Shills Swing N Daily<< 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 383 >>Post Follow-up
SAFeTRADE
662 posts
msg #133900
- Remove message
1/26/2017 6:28:24 PM

Where to find the numbers on contango? The math is horrible! at least for me.
I have seen the formulas, I am pretty sure he can handle them from the stand
point of his profession. Is it really worth trading these vehicles if these numbers
are not readily available?

Clarence

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #133901
- Remove message
1/26/2017 8:56:16 PM

Go to www.vixcentral.com. They are all there. Updated constantly throughout the day.

SAFeTRADE
662 posts
msg #133902
- Remove message
1/26/2017 9:52:35 PM

Many thanks, Kevin.

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #133904
- Remove message
modified
1/27/2017 1:36:05 AM

Binary options are starting to look very interesting to me, especially with many brokers now allowing long term trades. Does anyone know if you can trade individual stocks or ETFs like Xiv on them?
Would be so ez just to wait for the big pullback and just guess up.

http://www.optionsadvice.com/strategy/long-term-binary-options/

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #133918
- Remove message
1/27/2017 11:24:13 AM

I wouldnt normally post an article here but it is related to the vix conversation. If you are able to follow everything in it, I imagine it could help with day to day/more than daily vix trading. It has given me a mild form of brain damage, so Im not sure I understand it. by the way, if you are a seeking alpha member, the authors are always responsive to questions.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4040136-long-term-price-action-xiv-just-contango?app=1&auth_param=1dkhbt:1c8mpqt:aa418f1320adbeaea4a5be59319a0709&uprof=44&dr=1#alt3


Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #133956
- Remove message
modified
1/30/2017 10:02:38 AM

Pullback in XIV represents a buying opportunity. Looking for $59 as my entry (missed it once already this morning).

UPDATE: in for another 2000 shares of XIV at $59. Will be watching this like a hawk.

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #133962
- Remove message
1/30/2017 11:57:30 AM

If Xiv decides this is the time, can drop to 45-46.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #133967
- Remove message
1/30/2017 1:37:02 PM

Well, I go solely by the contango levels for trading these volatility ETFs. Currently VIX contango is 10.42% right now, so unless it drops to 5% or below I will stay in, and add to my position on pullbacks like we are having this morning. The drop today may be the start of something larger, or it might be a simple knee jerk reaction to Trump's weekend antics. I've been in this trade since 11/22 so unless it drops to below my cost basis I'm okay with my strategy. I see this as a buying opportunity, but with increased caution and watchfulness for exactly the reasons you listed.

kibo
14 posts
msg #133969
- Remove message
1/30/2017 3:06:07 PM

I think Kevin did a good job again. This market is systematic not emotional. I see still money pours into stocks and shorting VIX. But we are kind of on edge, one trump tweet can disrupt everything.

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #133981
- Remove message
1/31/2017 10:07:34 AM

The currently humble Shills,(which may change and usually will at any moment) believes this is the pullback. It will not be as dramatic as I once expected, since we are in a bull market, but Xiv may be 46 by next Monday.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Shills Swing N Daily<< 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 383 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.