StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #152160
Ignore sandjco
5/11/2020 7:44:27 PM

Was seeing what Mac was seeing....
https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Stock-Picks/SPY-at-apex/151784/10

Picked up SPY May 18 297C at $1.60 IV 19 and Delta of .32

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152175
Ignore sandjco
modified
5/12/2020 9:43:13 PM

Took a 50% loss on SPY calls; faded as the day ended. Revenge trade SPY 275P June for $6.50 (why? kept wondering from my past SPY plays of why I didn't reverse trade). EDIT: when i pulled the trigger...I was thinking...crap, this wasn't the plan; what did I just do?

Closed INO calls for almost a 100%. Happy with the entry and exit.

Music about to stop and turn nasty? Reminding myself...not to lead expectations to belief...

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152185
Ignore sandjco
5/13/2020 11:04:11 PM

I am almost running out of shows that I like to watch....getting tired?

What will it take to push me off the ledge?

My twin has tipped? Will the Guppies follow thru?

The best looking of us is still perched high above...

Ugly sisters coming out to play?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152197
Ignore sandjco
5/14/2020 9:53:54 PM

Absolutely interesting day...

Opened as if the bears were going to rule ....but no follow thru at all as the day was coming to an end!

The lesson that was flashed??? it is good to be patient and to wait and see...

shillllihs
5,986 posts
msg #152204
Ignore shillllihs
5/15/2020 2:11:06 PM

Just my opinion but I think IWM going to at least 150 based on my price revisited bb. fail Method which is not proven but seems to work for me, may take 2 months may take 1 year.

Nobody
404 posts
msg #152206
Ignore Nobody
5/15/2020 2:43:24 PM

Purpose:
1. Share picks so everyone here at SF can benefit. I may also benefit from someone else's idea and/or post. Something like a crowdsourced stock picking and I can track how we did over the years...
2. Anyone can post. Only thing I ask is to keep the discussion civil so as to make the thread easier to follow with less clutter.
________________________________________________________________________________
My TWO peasant entries below
Open to any advice you may send my way as charity - even a smile...Thank you everyone

Peace be with you all

________________________________________________________________________________

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152208
Ignore sandjco
5/15/2020 10:11:01 PM

Thank you Nobody and Shils for dropping by!

Nobody...u are funny! No such thing as "peasant" (unless you meant "pleasant") picks as these picks can sometimes be more than a 10 bagger! And shills...if there is anything that Im learning recently....I am NOT good (amongst other things) at calling the direction of the market!

@noboby...I am not familiar with the names. If you don't mind sharing an overview of the methodology behind the picks...that would be great; if not, it is ok too. I will put those on my watch list; thank you!

So...while I had one eye open waiting for the shoe to drop..1.5MM cases here with 88K RIPs and Trump is still being Trump; the market has rebounded with a vengeance! Recession? Depression? Whatever you wanna call it? record unemployment and barely anyone spooked! Luring those sitting with cash on the sidelines?

Been goofing around with this..like the visual but trigger challenged.
Fetcher[
sp500

draw close > T3(3,0.5)
and draw close > T3(4,0.5)
and draw close > T3(5,0.5)
and draw close > T3(6,0.5)
and draw close > T3(7,0.5)
and draw close > T3(8,0.5)
and draw close > T3(9,0.5)
and draw close < T3(10,0.5)
]

Nobody
404 posts
msg #152234
Ignore Nobody
5/18/2020 1:21:39 PM

sandjco

Trust you’re well - simply looking at low volume and some MFI uptrend ... I don’t know much but this approach has worked for me well. The problem is always how long I have to hold.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152238
Ignore sandjco
modified
5/18/2020 10:50:52 PM

@Nobody. Thanks! How do you qualify a stock that is "in low volume??" As long as you are making money...profit is profit!

This market is cray cray....boom off she goes!

ADS

STNE

BNTX...have no idea what it does or what it is...it looked interesting so I jumped in!

FAS...rain or shine these guys will not be down that long

COTY...why not

What could tilt this again? 2nd round ...and no vaccine or cure by Sept

Impatience getting the better outta me?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152261
Ignore sandjco
modified
5/21/2020 8:27:55 AM

Note to self and dear kids...."News" = "noise". The old adage of "if you see it in the news; it pretty much is useless" (or something like that) when it comes to trading played itself out. Talking heads are almost always useless (who was that who said there wasn't going to be a "V" recovery?).

Xarlors' advice to "not change what is working" also rung true. Too much attention paid to current events (allowing expectations to become beliefs) instead of focusing on what has worked for me diverted attention was the biggest culprit in being aggressive trading wise. The best months have been accomplished with no regards to "news" whatsoever.

Gotta find a way to consistently stay hungry. The "market" does, indeed, march to its own beat. You "may" be right ultimately....but by then, the opportunity would have passed.

So true...a big part of this endeavour is "mental". Will these lessons help when the next "tilt" (if it ever happens) comes around?

Finding love in the "unloved"...Warren apparently bailed on the financials and airlines

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.