12/29/2006 11:48:28 AM

How did you pick CHINA & ZICA this morning? THANKS

jpete
13 posts
msg #48847
Ignore jpete
12/29/2006 3:29:59 PM

lockwhiz
Thanks for the info and candor you shared. Those stocks had a great move from the opening for a half hour till 10:00. I'll try your screens. If until I learn how to do this would you consider Monday passing on your stocks you will be watching that day. Those stocks had great volume total action.
jpete

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #48846
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
12/29/2006 3:36:28 PM

I have a handful of screens that I use. I do a quick pass through, and make note the ones that look good to me ... make a list and review each of these with the Bigcharts site (charting).... go to my broker (TDAMERITRADE), and look at the free reports they offer on each of these. From this "select" group, I need to see if they can easily hit my 5% target.... in 1 to 3 days. (compounding my gains) Then I watch the first half hour of trading (where the potential is magically transferred to $$$ ... the stock proves itself here. The stocks will do a little pullback 10:00 - 10:30ish (almost like clockwork)... and I buy.

Here is a very basic screen that I depend on ... and showed CHINA as you asked.

Fetcher[
close 3 days ago is greater then close 2 days ago
and close 2 days ago is greater then close 1 day ago
and close is greater then close 1 day ago
and close is greater then open

/* 3 down days are solid candles */
and open 3 days ago is greater then close 3 days ago
and open 2 days ago is greater then close 2 days ago
and open 1 days ago is greater then close 1 days ago

/* the force be with you (volume) */
and volume is greater then volume 1 day ago
and volume is greater then volume 2 day ago
and volume is greater then volume 3 day ago
and volume is greater then 100000

/* and to see if the timing is right */
and draw Slow Stochastic Fast(5,5) %K

/* the offset is to see the past days */
and offset 0 days
]

This screen looks for 3 down days ... and then 1 day showing a reversal ... up in price... with that all important VOLUME increase(which equates to force). I coded this a few different ways... and like this very basic screen the best. I usually only see 1 or 2 worthy of further analysis/research.(1 or 2 from this screen ... but not the only screen I use to make my "list")
(I also watch the opening market sentiment for further "UP" confirmation).

Enjoy !

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #48848
Ignore lockwhiz
12/29/2006 4:18:32 PM

Sure I can do that ... as I stated though the final decision to get in or not during the trading ...when the stock is confirming the trend / pattern / reversal. Muddy has a site that you can do this with a group ... many eyes are better then one(set). Unfortunately, my work hours limit the time I could get there ... I can appreciate the value of being part of a select group...with similar interest... MAKE MONEY. Highly recommend !

Or let me know your e-mail and I will ping you.

jpete
13 posts
msg #48849
Ignore jpete
12/29/2006 4:37:32 PM

lockwhiz
Thanks for the opportunity to work with you. Your under no obligation but it would be interesting. I need someone to help me with the openings of the market.
Have a great weekend.
jpete MY emal is jpete4@yahoo.com

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #48854
Ignore lockwhiz
12/29/2006 8:36:00 PM

jpete

Here is another scan that returns alot of prospects....and alot of trash, but always a few diamonds in the rough. (change the offset to different # of days and you will see what to look for.)

This was written to trade with the intent of 1-5 day hold, and return 5%.

Find stocks that with "personality".... that move.
Find a few that you like ...
Post your picks and you will get plenty of great feedback from everyone here at SF.

Lets see what we can uncover from this scan....

Fetcher[
set{p,price 1 day ago / price}
set{v,volume 1 day ago / volume}
set{pv, v/p}
pv is between then 0 and 1.6
and price is greater then price 1 day ago
and price is between 1 and 80
and volume is greater then 520000
/* columns added to see the correlation */
add column P
add column V
add column pv
/* see the setup develop */
and draw pv
and draw Slow Stochastic Fast(5,5) %K
and sort column 8
and offset 0 days
]

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #48855
Ignore lockwhiz
12/29/2006 8:39:41 PM

I was just playing with the offset and entere 121 (a typo) and it returned som impressive returns.

(Of course this is not true backtesting, as its biased with the recent market up-swing, but still nice to see)

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #48857
Ignore lockwhiz
12/29/2006 9:03:06 PM

Muddy ... nice calls.
One of these days I gotta get in there for the day...

wallman
299 posts
msg #48856
Ignore wallman
modified
12/29/2006 9:03:10 PM

Hi
Jpete,

From last Fridays chat:
(11:20) Muddy: ZICA low vol runner at 1.01
(11:40) Muddy: ZICA,vol spiking
(11:41) Muddy: 1.31 hod
(11:42) Muddy: 1.37
(11:47) Muddy: more vol spikes!!
(11:47) Muddy: 1.46

From Yesterdays chat:
(11:38) ian5300: PARL worth watchin
(11:39) Muddy: agree
(11:39) Muddy: CHINA to
(11:39) Muddy: at 9 here
Today,after 2 down days on ZICA,we waited for a green hold on it,we got it at 2.05 after it was red and watched it climb to hod 2.54,trailing it up trailing stops.

That's how we find them ,off the HOD list,if you are free during trading hours you might try it.

Oh and there was this beauty today:
(09:35) Muddy: CPSL 6
(09:53) Muddy: CPSL upping again 6.25
It ran to hod of 13.78
Was really neat cause it's old symbol OLAB was a featured watch for today on our blog,so we were watching it from the start anyway.

lizzydog
32 posts
msg #48859
Ignore lizzydog
12/29/2006 9:27:25 PM

Muddy

What is the HOD list?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · lockwhiz<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.