StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly TSI Data on a Daily Chart<< >>Post Follow-up
olathegolf
119 posts
msg #150141
Ignore olathegolf
1/6/2020 8:55:26 AM

In this filter, does anybody know why the output from the trigger variable does not match output from the delta variable?

Fetcher[symlist(spy)
set{delta,weekly tsi(5,5,9) - weekly smoothed tsi(5,5,9)}
set{trigger,count(delta above 0,1)}
add column weekly tsi(5,5,9)
add column weekly smoothed tsi(5,5,9)
add column delta
add column trigger
draw trigger
draw delta line at 0
]

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #150167
Ignore nibor100
1/7/2020 12:50:34 PM

They don't match because your Trigger variable is simply a numeric count of how many times your Delta variable is above 0 for a day, so it will either be zero or 1.

Whereas, your Delta variable can range throughout most number values besides zero and 1, depending on the stock. easiest way to see this is to comment out your first line.

Ed S.

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #150170
Ignore olathegolf
1/7/2020 1:23:42 PM

Thanks Nibor for the response.
I should have been more clear. Instead of saying "match", I should have said "align."
The trigger being "1" or "0" should represent whether delta is above or below 1.
When I click backwards on the offset date, I get to December 3rd and delta from the results table shows -4.12 while delta on the chart appears to be closer to 23. The next negative delta when working backwards was on October 14th.
On the chart, I was expecting the trigger to be shown as "1" from October 15th onward except for December 3rd.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #150185
Ignore nibor100
1/8/2020 1:27:11 PM

@olathegolf,

It's probably happening that way because once you go back in time SF is calculating the filter Results based on the actual day of the week the filter is being offset to, in your case Dec 3rd.

Simultaneously, SF is doing its chart display calculations based on the full range of data available thru the actual present day, Jan 8th.

These 2 differences in calculations create a difference between the results being provided to you and the graph seen by you when the day being offset to is not a Friday, as SF calculates defaults to calculating weekly values using Friday as the end of the week.

In essence, the offset chart is showing weekly values based on full weeks of calculations during early December and the results are calculated using Dec3rd as the end of the week and Dec 2nd as the beginning of that week.

If you know how to use SF 2.0 you can check all of the values for any line drawn on a filter on any given day.

Also SF 2.0 keeps weekly data static in the results display for each given week no matter what the offset day of the week might be.

SF 2.0 is reporting a delta value of 21.5 for dec 3rd,2nd, 4th,5th and 6th for your filter.

At least that's what I believe is happening,
Ed S.

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #150190
Ignore olathegolf
1/8/2020 2:34:23 PM

Thank you!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly TSI Data on a Daily Chart<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.