StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Unusual volume up or down, meaning?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49004
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
1/6/2007 8:43:15 PM

Hey Bloo... search for "wait for green" and you'll find the writeups.

I wrote/modified a RadarScreen version of the squeeze indicator and those guys used my code. Funny thing is I mislabled the #SQZ column and they even used my mistake!!

Also, all my indicators for TradeStation and eSignal can be found for FREE on www.kreslik.com. Why pay?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49005
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
1/6/2007 8:50:04 PM

Rugusucker:

Fetcher[
RSI(2) < 1

add column rsi(2)
add column weekly rsi(2)
]

Add your own price/volume/market criteria.

Check out the list this weekend. You'll see sound good companies that have been beaten down.

Just "WAIT FOR GREEN".

wallman
299 posts
msg #49007
Ignore wallman
1/6/2007 9:53:30 PM

TRO said:
Hey Muddy:

You know RSI(2) < 1 works.

TRO,YOU KNOW I KNOW.
Ironically there was a post yesterday concerning detective work on an online video stock.
This same post had been discussed in Nov.
At that time I had found the stock in question was GOFH.
Now checkout what I said about it at the time:

wallman
11/28/2006 9:03:18 PM

LOOKS LIKE ITS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFISH
AWESOME CHART,OPENED AT $3,HIT 4.75 DAY LATER,TRADED AT 4 ON 11/20 .....
NOW LOOKS LIKE THE FISH IS IN THE TANK
GET OUT THOSE RODS AND REELS GUYS,YOU CAN HAVE THE FISH FOR ONLY $2.50 !

GOFH

From that $2.50 it opened GREEN the next day at 2.56 and in the next 4 days it ran to a high of 4.54 with a 3 day stairstep volume increase ending with almost a million shares traded on this previously thinly traded stock.A 78% 4 day run.
And you know why i was pretty certain it was "in the tank" and near a bottom ( DEAD bottom in this case).
Look at the RSI(2)on 11/28

So yes TRO, I do know it works.
Thanks again to you and HG.

And regarding paying for filters,new folks here please listen up.
IMO,You won't find better pay stuff anywhere then you get here for FREE from the likes of TRO,HG,RIGGS and others.

Muddy

the rugusucker
7 posts
msg #49025
Ignore the rugusucker
1/7/2007 1:11:25 PM

TRO, Muddy:
Have you found any difference in the success rate between Muddy Combined - RSI(2) < 1 and just the RSI(2) by itself? It seems both filters return many of the same stocks. I may have just answered my own question :)

I'm going to concentrate on working the Muddy method since there's volumes of support info available to help a newbie like myself. Do these two filters tend to not work as well in down markets? My guess is that's true since it's a setup for going long.

Thanks guys for sharing.

the rugusucker
7 posts
msg #49086
Ignore the rugusucker
1/9/2007 11:12:28 AM

bloo,
Hope you have a stop loss on your trade. Oil roulette is just too dang volitile right now.

bloosteak
35 posts
msg #49195
Ignore bloosteak
1/12/2007 3:16:09 PM

HAWK is natural gas. and look at the chart again today, up 3.62%. There was a lot of after hours accumulation going on, with the price always ending up EXACTLY at the same as the close price.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Unusual volume up or down, meaning?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.