StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLITICS GOES HERE<< 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75 >>Post Follow-up
Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #101045
Ignore Eman93
6/3/2011 4:26:19 PM

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #101046
Ignore Eman93
modified
6/3/2011 4:31:18 PM

I have learned to suspend my individual beliefs on where the US and World economy's are heading and just trade what I see...

This has been a hard lesson learned.... so although I do think all this debt will crash the market, the charts will tell you when...

They can run this mess another 5 or 10 years who knows.. the charts tell the sentiment of the heard.. so it only matters what they think..

dont be like the rock in the stream as one person told me long ago.... be the leaf the floats on the current....

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #101096
Ignore johnpaulca
6/6/2011 9:00:43 AM

Check the can

Did you all see that Diane Sawyer has done a special report on this very subject. They removed ALL items from a typical, middle-class family’s home, that were not made in the USA . There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they are going to show truckloads of items – USA made – being brought in to replace everything. And will be talking about how to find these items and the difference in price etc.

It was interesting that Diane said that if every American/Canadian spent just $64 (more than normal) on USA/Canada made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs.

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WAL-MART.
FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '.

I WAS SHOCKED!! SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.
Are we Americans/Canadians as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think? While the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American/Canadian markets.

Yet 70% of Americans/Canadians believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.
Well, duh..why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA/CANADA!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans/Canadians refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

The downside? Some American/Canadian businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The solution? Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on June 4th and continue it until July 4th. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American/Canadian exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember,June 4th to July 4th

START NOW.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #101339
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/24/2011 12:36:53 PM

Check this out...

http://tvpnc.org/

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #101841
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/27/2011 11:15:56 AM

In my inbox:

THIS EMAIL I'M FORWARDING SHOULD BE READ BY EVERYBODY. NO NATION IS IMMUNE. IN FACT, MOST ARE IN THE SAME POSITION AS AMERICA. FIRST A PERSONAL NOTE FROM SOMEONE WHO CARES:
SHUTTING DOWN THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM MUST BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, BECAUSE THE PROBLEM STARTED WITH THE ILLEGAL PASSAGE OF THE ACT ALMOST 100 YEARS AGO THAT BROUGHT EUOPEAN BANKING TO OUR SHORES FOR THE THIRD TIME (READ ON PRESIDENT JACKSON AND THE BANKS, OR PRESIDENT LINCOLN AND THE BANKS, OR PRESIDENT KENNEDY AND THE BANKS).
CHANGING CONGRESS ALONE WON'T DO ANY GOOD. THE ONES THAT ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM RUN THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK, AND NOW HOLD PLACES IN CONGRESS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEES AND OUR HIGH GOVERNMENT, INCLUDING THE TREASURY, AND THEY OWN THE BANKS THAT WERE "TOO BIG TO FAIL". OUR MONEY WENT TO FOREIGN BANKS, WHICH IS WHY THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BAILOUT MONEY.
GET BACK TO THE CONSTITUTION, GET RID OF THE FED, OR GET USED TO SLAVERY MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY (AKA ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT UNITED NATIONS WANTS, AND GUESS WHO RUNS THE UNITED NATIONS? THAT'S RIGHT, THESE SAME PEOPLE OF EUROPEAN BANKING ANCESTRY.

-----

CHARLIE REESE'S FINAL COLUMN A GREAT READ!!!!!

GREAT READ!!!!!

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years."
"It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
- David Rockefeller, Bilderberg Meeting 1991

<

Enjoy!!!!

Charley Reese's Final column!

Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel...
He has been a journalist for 49 years.
He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN.

Be sure to read the Tax List at the end.

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it... is up to you.
This might be funny if it weren't so true.
Be sure to read all the way to the end:

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table,
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his work,
Tax his pay,
He works for
peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid...

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me
to my doom...'

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Sales Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #101929
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/2/2011 11:18:09 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Debt-Compromise-Set-for-US-bloomberg-3586736410.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccode=

"A $917 billion down payment in discretionary spending reductions contained in the measure is back-loaded so more than two-thirds of the cuts come after 2016. The spending reduction next year is $21 billion, less than two-tenths of a percent of U.S. gross domestic product."

We really need a REVOLUTION!

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #101937
Ignore maxreturn
8/2/2011 5:46:15 PM

Voodoo economics. Anyone with half a brain understands that there are no true cuts here. It's simply a reduction of the increase that they were planning to spend. The few who have proposed a sensible solution with true cuts; like Rand Paul are being crucified by the left, the media and members of their own party for failing to "compromise".

My dear departed Father used to call our legislative branch a bunch of crooks. I used to think he was cynical. But now I'll go a step further and say that the majority must fall in one of two camps. Either they're crooks or incompetent or both. According to a poll by Frank Lund, 60% of Americans want our leaders to make true spending cuts and are willing to participate in the pain. If this is really true in the next election we should see a fiscally conservative President elected in 2012 as well as a congress dominated by fiscal conservatives.

But frankly I don't have much faith in the majority of Americans. They are either ignorant or too wed to their entitlements.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #101965
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/3/2011 12:35:19 PM

The Spending-Cut Myth

by Robert Ringer

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

As we move toward a business-as-usual finish to the phony debt-ceiling drama that has been playing out in Washington, history will record that not one of the key participants in the debate ever got around to talking about specific, major spending cuts (other than defense spending). Isn’t that weird?

Everyone who was involved claims to be in agreement that the U.S. has to cut spending, but not one person in a leadership role has been willing to name a specific program or bureaucracy that should be completely eliminated. Even if Republicans had gotten their cut, cap, and balance proposal accepted, it wouldn’t have mattered, because “cut, cap, and balance” are nothing more than hollow words.

Cut and cap what? Which programs and agencies are you going to cut and cap, and by how much? In any event, the purported major cuts are always years down the road, while increasing the debt ceiling is immediate — meaning that out-of-control government spending continues on.

And, of course, balance simply guarantees American taxpayers that if Congress doesn’t make the necessary cuts — which it never does, and never will — their taxes will be raised in order to “balance the budget.” In fact, a cynic might say that balancing the budget is just a euphemism for raising taxes.

Again, back to my original point: No one in a leadership role wants to talk about making specific cuts. After all, when you cut a program or agency, you’re going to make the beneficiaries of that program or agency very angry. And since the main objective of the vast majority of Congresspersons is to get reelected, mad is bad. Thus, the reality is that cutting any program or government agency is unthinkable.

For example, as the debt-ceiling circus has worn on, I’ve repeatedly heard media pundits say things like, “What happens to the guy who’s planned a camping trip to Yellowstone National Park with his son, only to find that the park has been closed because Congress failed to raise the debt ceiling?” The answer you never hear is: He takes his son somewhere else!

I don’t know how much you and I pay to keep Yellowstone National Park operating, but I do know that neither I nor any of my family or immediate circle of friends has ever visited Yellowstone National Park, nor do any of us have any plans to do so.

That being the case, why are we required to pay for the guy who wants to take his son camping? Is he willing to pay for my family’s outing to an Orioles or Redskins game? The latter are operated by private corporations that charge customers enough to cover their overhead and, hopefully, make a profit. But government doesn’t have to worry about such mundane matters.

Just like all the other land it lays claim to, the United States government should sell Yellowstone National Park to a company like Disney or Universal Studios and use the proceeds to pay down the national debt. I’m talking about principal, not interest. Ditto all of the other national parks, which would cut billions from our bread-and-circus budget.

Speaking of Yellowstone National Park, what about the Department of the Interior? Do we really need it? On its website, it proudly states:

Our Mission: Protecting America’s Great Outdoors and Powering Our Future

Question: Why does a bankrupt nation need a bunch of bureaucrats to protect its “great outdoors?” The government is supposed to protect people and private property, not the “outdoors.” I won’t even comment on “powering our future,” since it has no discernable meaning.

Beneath the Department of the Interior’s mission statement are the words:

The U.S. Department of the Interior protects America’s natural resources and heritage, honors our cultures and tribal communities, and supplies the energy to power our future.

Again I ask, why does a bankrupt nation need a bunch of bureaucrats to protect its “natural resources and heritage?” And how in the world does the government protect our heritage anyway? Again, no discernable meaning.

“Honors our cultures and tribal communities?” Why does a bankrupt nation need to honor American cultures and tribal communities? Sounds like an interesting thing to do if you’re rich. But we aren’t. Psst … we’re broke!

Finally, “supplies the energy to power our future?” Government doesn’t know beans about supplying energy. In fact, it does everything within its power to prevent the U.S. from exploiting its energy resources.

A bankrupt nation that fails at everything it attempts to do should get out of the way so private industry can tap our natural resources, beginning with oil, natural gas, and coal deposits. The government has never produced a drop of oil, a cubic foot of natural gas, or a single chunk of coal — and never will.

Trees, of course, are a natural resource that present no problem whatsoever, because, thanks to capitalistic forestry corporations, we have more trees today than we had fifty years ago.

You can go right down the list of government agencies and draw the same conclusion: They should all be shut down!

Do we really need a National Labor Relations Board to prevent Boeing from creating 1,000 jobs in South Carolina?

Do we really need a Securities and Exchange Commission to give a guy like Bernie Madoff a stamp of approval for twenty-five years while he bilks gullible investors out of billions of dollars?

Do we really need an Environmental Protection Agency to stifle economic growth in America and create ever-increasing unemployment? Closing down the EPA not only would save billions of dollars a year in operating costs, but would explode the economy and send the DJIA soaring. Who knows, we might even be able to compete with China some day.

The same goes for the Department of Labor, the Commerce Department, Amtrak, the Department of Education, the Department of Energy, the Department of Health and Human Services (which runs 400 separate subsidy programs!) … the list is endless.

Message to the government: Stop protecting our resources, stop redistributing our hard-earned income, and start focusing on protecting, not violating the liberty of, the people you work for.

The truth is that, with few exceptions, no one — whether Democrat or Republican — will propose legislation to reduce, let alone close down, any of these government agencies. They will keep growing until their employees are paid in worthless dollars — or not paid at all. And there is a 100 percent certainty that when government employees don’t get paid, it will lead to protests … followed by “civil unrest” … followed by violence … followed by a government crackdown on civil liberties. Madison, Wisconsin was a prelude of things to come.

As everyone now knows, the government has plenty of money coming in each month to pay interest on the national debt, Social Security, Medicare, and our current military obligations (all of which total about 70 percent of current revenues). It’s the other 30 percent or so of “scheduled expenditures” that need to be “prioritized” — meaning that some of them have to be cut.

But when you ask a politician which ones he would cut, he unfailingly skirts the question. That’s why the debt ceiling will continue to be raised — again and again and again (seventy-five times since 1962!) — and the U.S. debt will continue to spin out of control until the only thing left of the U.S. economy is a (hopefully) thriving black market.

Russian historians can tell you all about the robustness of the black market when the government shuts down the free market. It’s the only thing that kept even more people from starving to death in the Soviet Union during the heyday of communism.

Of course, if you’re the adventuresome type, you’ve got to be excited thinking about what living in an anything-goes, runaway-inflation society might be like. Hint: Sieg Heil!

You have permission to reprint this article so long as you place the following wording at the end of the article:

Copyright © 2011 Robert Ringer
ROBERT RINGER is the author of three #1 bestsellers and host of the highly acclaimed Liberty Education Interview Series, which features interviews with top political, economic, and social leaders. Ringer has appeared on numerous national talk shows and has been the subject of feature articles in such major publications as Time, People, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Barron's, and The New York Times.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #101966
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/3/2011 12:38:20 PM

"But frankly I don't have much faith in the majority of Americans. They are either ignorant or too wed to their entitlements."

They are Wal-Martians!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1rTSazpCJs

heypa
283 posts
msg #101967
Ignore heypa
8/3/2011 12:39:53 PM

If there is one fundamental truth it is the following quote.
" NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC"
Don't recall who said it but nonetheless I believe it to be truly fundamental.
A close second would be.
" NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPOSITION"
IMHO Two to live by after a long lifetime of observation.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLITICS GOES HERE<< 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.