StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Obama Tax Bomb to Blindside U.S. Investors<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69096
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
11/7/2008 4:51:45 PM

Obama Tax Bomb to Blindside U.S. Investors

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #69097
Ignore luc1grunt
11/7/2008 6:01:11 PM

Can't be true Avery. The media has convinced me over the past few months that there will be free money for everyone woot, woot!

I give one of my cars to someone with less while someone with more gives to me.

Too easy, right!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69098
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
11/7/2008 6:15:21 PM

Ever read Orwell's 1984?

Somehow it's now PATRIOTIC to pay taxes. Let's me see... if I recall history correctly, there was a terrorist event called the BOSTON TEA PARTY that started a REVOLUTION that created the United States of America. Seems like THEY THE PEOPLE, didn't like paying taxes to the KING OF ENGLAND.

Something the new administration may need to pay attention to.

Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they were all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

Yeah!

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

For the record, I am NOT a WHO fan.

astroanalyst
48 posts
msg #69099
Ignore astroanalyst
11/7/2008 6:24:16 PM

Interesting perspective. Thanks for the info...

FWIW, I did a little more research and found additional info potentially worth reading...

Six Master Limited Partnerships Worth Investigating

3 Inexpensive Master Limited Partnerships in Energy

Make your money grow 7% to 12%

HTH...

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69103
Ignore chetron
11/7/2008 8:03:37 PM

BOSTON TEA PARTY WAS ABOUT TAX without REPRESENTATION. WE HAVE REPRESENTATION, SO TAXES ARE GOOD.

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #69106
Ignore jimhbutton
11/8/2008 11:04:52 AM

Tommy K. Cryer researched and wrote a definitive U.S. tax history report called "The Memorandum" in his defense in Federal Court against the IRS and won a unanimous decision from the jurors 12-0. He wasn't writing for the sake of frivolity; his very freedom was at stake and he had to present a convincing argument to a jury of his peers or else spend a good portion of the rest of his life behind bars. It makes for a sober read.

At the bottom of the following page is a link to "The Memorandum":

http://www.truthattack.org/thereisnolaw.html

P.S. I pay taxes like the rest of the herd. What Tommy Cryer did in terms of all-or-nothing is far beyond my risk vs. reward tolerance.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #69109
Ignore petrolpeter
11/8/2008 12:28:25 PM

In the 2 days post election the Stock Market Renegades fired a 1000 drop shot over the bow of the Obama dems.Is any one looking at the new tax revenue numbers currently with all this new unemployment?Has the shrinkage in tax revenues overcome any projected gains proposed by demoncrat's tax increases already?That would be a wonderful Whitehouse announcement.Wouldn't be ironic the same folk that expect an Obama tax cut in the mail and better jobs get laid off for a couple of years.Remember 4% unemployment and 50Hrs a week on low tax levy?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69111
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/8/2008 3:30:12 PM

chetron
1/7/2008 8:03:37 PM

BOSTON TEA PARTY WAS ABOUT TAX without REPRESENTATION. WE HAVE REPRESENTATION, SO TAXES ARE GOOD.

==============================================

No we do NOT!

If you are a resident of one state and own property in other states that collects PROPERTY TAXES, you DO NOT HAVE REPRESENTATION.

Do you really believe ANYONE in Washington, DC is representing YOU?

I challenge you to go to a public meeting of the county that you live in. It can be a school board meeting, county council meeting or any meeting of a tax district. Ask a question, IF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK, and see how you are received by your ELECTED OFFICIALS.

Then post your experience here. I am sure your eyes will be opened.

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #69112
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
11/8/2008 7:42:47 PM

So the question would be, then, how angry do you need to get to make a change? Boston Tea Party: The Sequel?

Like I've said in the past, as long as there's an ample supply of fast food and new tv seasons, people won't really get THAT mad...

and: "
And it's only going to get worse, as more and more investors wake up and realize that not only will taxes on their dividends will rise 20% on December 31, 2009 but also taxes on capital gains will rise as well, back to 20% from a historic low of 15%. "

Crap syntax notwithstanding, FFS...you're paying for these banks we're bailing out to continue paying their dividends so they don't lose their precious investors...so either way, we'll pay. Is that a surprise to people? Did we think this bailout was going to be just paper money? Did you not write to your congressman/senator and get their form letter in response as to why they felt they HAD to pass it?

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #69113
Ignore maxreturn
11/8/2008 7:50:04 PM

Furious...sad but true.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Obama Tax Bomb to Blindside U.S. Investors<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.