StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #83565
Ignore miketranz
11/28/2009 2:26:42 PM

Avery,I read some of the material from Zweig's book from the link you provided.What an eye opener.I'm starting to realize how true it is about probabilities.My big question to you is,what trading method has an 80% or better chance of success?

stratiG
147 posts
msg #83571
Ignore stratiG
11/28/2009 8:28:54 PM

SAFeTRADE,

I should of read your earlier post closer. No harm was intended.

Just an idea---you can use the the 30 or 100 day gap filters, save the results to a watch list(s) and then run the watch list(s) through the MTC filter. And the reverse for the MTC stocks.

GS

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #83574
Ignore SAFeTRADE
11/28/2009 9:03:44 PM

None taken.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #83575
Ignore chetron
11/28/2009 9:11:52 PM

SAFeTRADE, as tro has mentioned, the gap doesn't have to close to make you money, just take the .50 if it is also a mtc equity, that is his edge.

stratiG
147 posts
msg #85634
Ignore stratiG
1/6/2010 11:06:19 AM

First day back and nothing changes.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 trades on both. TRO before you ask about the EMA(20), I am studying Brook's book on Price Action.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #85764
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/7/2010 5:00:28 PM

stratiG:

Each trader must find their own way.

DON'T BE FOOLED BY SQUIGGLY LINES.

When you understand the true nature of trading, you won't need them.

Did you see SFO printed my letter to the editor in the Jan 2010 edition? Well, they edited it.

Here's the full letter:

Don't get me wrong, I like your magazine, but the NOV 2009 edition contains many of the reasons why 95% of traders lose. The Technical Analysis section was chock full of the trading "myths" that lead traders to ruin.

Trading is simple. Price can only move up or down. Price action is simple:

1) Price will either breakout of the high, low or both of the previous bar

2) Price will not breakout of the previous bar.

You cannot reduce it any further. Anything else complicates the issue.

You do not need any "squiggly" lines to tell you what price is doing. There are no "magic numbers" that foretell the future. Save the "X"s and "O"s for football locker rooms.

As long as the trading "myths" are propagated by the trading "gurus" the 95% number is not going get any smaller. The empirical evidence is in: TRADITIONAL TRADING EDUCATION AND METHODS ARE FAILURES.

Avery T. Horton, Jr aka TheRumpledOne

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #85776
Ignore tmanbone
1/7/2010 7:47:10 PM

Point well taken. Thanks TRO. I'm curious how many years it has taken you to reach your skill level and if you don't mind how long from day 1till you became a profitable trader. Thanks again.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #85792
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/8/2010 1:56:46 AM

Not easy questions to answer.

Been trading since 1977 and learn something new every year.

Profitable? I have had my share of ups and downs. But slow and steady wins the race.

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #85830
Ignore tmanbone
1/8/2010 7:41:58 PM

Thank you, that puts it all in perspective.

allesf
10 posts
msg #85883
Ignore allesf
1/9/2010 8:18:39 PM

Hello TRO,
I was trying to get a good market outlook report recently, and every time when I tried to read a report is a link to money making newsletter for an individual or an company. from your experience what is the best approach to find a good market outlook report?.
Personally I think we don't need to know what market is doing to make money rite?
for traders is all about run your filter and put your stop losses and let the profit run. we can do this in market i guess.no matter if the market is bullish or bearish.
cheers,
Alles

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.