StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Junk Mail<< >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #152501
Ignore SFMc01
6/6/2020 10:29:34 AM

I receive between 50 and 75 "junk mail" emails daily. I usually open many of them and go thru the unsubscribe routine, but, that takes a lot of time. That's every day.

I think I exacerbate the problem because I have a desire to learn and I open many of these unsolicited emails that have interesting title lines. Extremely few pan out to have something in which I would have a continuing interest. Even though I take the time to go thru the process of "unsubscribe' it doesn't seem to help because I suspect this vendor is giving my email address to others. I believe that if I just delete them, I'll continue to receive them in the future.

Has anyone come up with a solution, even partial?

Thanks, Steve

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152506
Ignore Cheese
modified
6/6/2020 1:21:23 PM

@Steve,

I am not an expert at this, but here is a good, friendly place to start:

https://www.wikihow.com/Block-Junk-Mail

The author shows you in a friendly way how to
Block Junk Mail on Gmail
Block Junk Mail on Yahoo
Block Junk Mail on Outlook

Hope this helps

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #152538
Ignore SFMc01
6/7/2020 11:41:19 AM

Thank you Cheese. I'll look at it.

I guess this may just be a penalty of day trading and being on my computer most of the day.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152540
Ignore Cheese
modified
6/7/2020 12:01:37 PM

@Steve,

I actually gave a lot of thoughts to try to help you because many of us are in the same boat.
At the end, I gave up trying because I know little, and I know little about your particular
circumstances. But I would like to pass on some suggestions from members on other forums.

1. Ruthlessly delete any emails that we don't recognize, that we suspect as spam, phishing,
or malware. Ruthlessly unsubscribe. Ruthlessly block out an entire country domain.
For example, I block out all emails from Russia, China. Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa,
i.e. I block all emails ending with .ru or .ch etc
This is mainly for web security.

2. Ruthlessly put people on ignore. When we weed out more of these people, what we have
left is a beautiful lawn. We'll get more ouf of the discussions in the threads. StockFetcher
makes it easy to temporarily take a peek, or ro permanently reinstate.

3. Some of us also run BleachBit, CCleaner, or Windows Disk Clean Up regularly to delete
cache and cookies. We also delete browser history.

Hope this helps.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #152544
Ignore Mactheriverrat
6/7/2020 5:57:20 PM

Gmail is the only thing I use. You get spam , junk mail, or any unwanted emails. Just hit report spam and from then on it will be in the spam folder.

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #152551
Ignore SFMc01
6/8/2020 9:42:17 AM

Thanks again.

I suspect that I am not using the spam feature on AOL and gmail enough.

Steve

ludowillems
111 posts
msg #152552
Ignore ludowillems
6/8/2020 10:08:50 AM

I read that every time you unsubscribe from spam, you actually confirm that your email address is avalid one and can and we be resold .
Ludo

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Junk Mail<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.