StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Important Information about our American Car Companies<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #69479
Ignore petrolpeter
12/2/2008 4:33:17 AM

Here's some more myths about the American Autos.Originally foreign auto makers have been bought up and 'mixed in' between model lines.Say a Mazda CX9,a nice looking and popular vehicle,shares the same engine and unibody with the Ford Edge.Chevy Aveo is obviously made by Daewoo in Korea with a Chevy badge slapped across the front of it.They have been doing this stuff for years now.There is a lot of talk the past couple of days that the American big three are going to start selling off the foreign brands they own.So what exactly is the big American three?

marine2
963 posts
msg #69499
Ignore marine2
12/2/2008 5:39:24 PM

Nancy Pelosi said today, bankruptsy is NO option. The government will give the Big Three loan money. I think Nancy is coming to her senses. Auto companies all share in certain parts. Universal parts. Saved car costs and helped keep all the auto companies in business.

Everyone is takling the eye off the true problem of why the auto companies are in serious trouble right now. That's Wall Streets leadership, and the finanical institutions. If they would've made smart decisions the auto companies wouldn't be coming to Washington for loans.

CNBC has irresponsible tv hosts scaring everyone, hyping the negative news to make their show seem more important than what it really is. They need to be more responsible in conveying financial news information and not magnifying their own personal personalities and trying to enhance their careers. Greed in business comes in many forms and you see this in their broadcasting. They have done a disservice to OUR American car companies.

GM did have some positive plans in reducing their product weightiness, manpower reductions and getting rid of X amount of plants. But, I still think they are getting it wrong when it comes to choosing the two car divistions only to get rid of. Why remove Pontiac, and Saturn and leave Buick? I say this, they will make the same previous mistake as they did when they unplugged Oldsmobile from the market place. They lost ALL their loyal customers that bought Oldsmobiles. They need to retain the customers for that product and yet reduce the product within that particular car product. Thus downsizing ALL their car divisions. Selling Saab makes sense, selling Ponitac and Saturn makes no sense. Those vehicles use an integrated parts system within GM's supplier network. It would not be feasible to have a Toyota or a Nissan or any outsider buy any of those two cars.

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #69501
Ignore jimhbutton
12/2/2008 6:06:01 PM

Survival of the fittest.

By the way, I have a Ford and 2 GM's parked in the driveway.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69502
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/2/2008 8:15:43 PM

You have to look to find the ROOT CAUSE of the problem:

FREE ENTERPRISE IS NOT FREE!

We the People was turned into WE THE CORPORATION!

marine2
963 posts
msg #69505
Ignore marine2
12/2/2008 11:25:10 PM

Jim, you are my hero. May your Holidays be safe, fun and fruitful.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #69511
Ignore petrolpeter
12/3/2008 4:02:21 AM

Once again every bail-out dollar should be taken from wage earners 1 for 1 beginning the day congress passes them.Lets get this get this inevitable tax revolt started today!

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69512
Ignore chetron
12/3/2008 6:41:28 AM

jimhbutton
- Ignore jimhbutton 12/2/2008 6:06:01 PM

Survival of the fittest.

By the way, I have a Ford and 2 GM's parked in the driveway.
marine2
- Ignore marine2 12/2/2008 11:25:10 PM

Jim, you are my hero. May your Holidays be safe, fun and fruitful.

SAME HERE, JIM. ESPECIALLY MORE FRUITFUL SO YOU CAN UPGRADE TO A TOYOTA AND 2 SUBARUS, LOL : )

marine2
963 posts
msg #69530
Ignore marine2
12/3/2008 4:58:19 PM

Lol, sure give the foreign companies our big money while we get into basket weaving and pencil making and make peanuts. That will turn our country around.

You have to remember, we are supposed to be the controllers of our destiny not have irrisponsible leaders whether it be industry, political, or financial fun our lives into the ground. This is why we have proxy voting, and campaign voting, the ability to demand accountability from Wall Street, the banking industry, the ability to buy products WE want not what the Government tells us to buy etc, etc, etc. I just think WE the people have lost our compass settings on who really is the boss in America.

Loaning key businesses in OUR country OUR money to get America on track again and show people in the world we are the greatest nation in the world in many facets IS the correct way to do it. Yes, the loan should have strings attached.

I do hope sometime in the near future, our authorities, yes the people WE hired to control Government of commerce, finance, etc, find the criminals that created such a terrible environment we are now in. Losing peoples money in an criminal / unprofessional manner and WE should see people go to jail over it.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #69532
Ignore luc1grunt
12/3/2008 5:20:28 PM

I believe I could have written that post 20 years ago marine...and with passion.

Today....call it reality based cynisism.

marine2
963 posts
msg #69537
Ignore marine2
12/3/2008 9:19:07 PM

And twenty years from now we will probably be looking at the same predicament. Unfortunatley, like feed for cattle, we grow it, they eat it, they crap it out, fertilizes, gets eaten again and the process goes on and on. Crap is the perpetual motion ingrediant.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Important Information about our American Car Companies<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.