StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hard to borrow fees<< >>Post Follow-up
dwiggains
441 posts
msg #154689
Ignore dwiggains
11/20/2020 9:54:35 AM

I just took a few trades with Center Point brokerage on hard to borrow shorts.
I shorted PXS on 11/12 at the close for $1.20 and covered my shorts on 11/16 at $.90
This was a great profit until I got the bill for the hard to borrow fees.
The quoted fee was $.018 per share for day trade. Thursday and Friday night fees are 400% above that.
My total fee was $.144 for the trade.
Half of my profits went for hard to borrow fees.

Shorting these stocks just will not work if you have to pay these borrow fees.

Day trade borrow fee on an annual basis was 540%
Overnight Monday Tuesday or Wednesday night is 1080% on an annual basis
Overnight Thursday or Friday night is 2160%

This is just one stock example. I have several more if you are interested.
Does anyone have any idea how to get around these large fees?
I have checked with offshore accounts and I am not sure I want to go down that road.

See ya
David

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #154714
Ignore SFMc01
11/22/2020 10:48:58 AM

David: Thanks for the posting.
Please continue to keep us informed regarding brokers and fees that you find.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hard to borrow fees<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.