StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Calling a filter from another filter<< >>Post Follow-up
gofortips
4 posts
msg #135008
Ignore gofortips
3/20/2017 1:15:51 PM

The idea is to develop some simple filters and combine them by calling each one from a main filter. Something like calling a subroutine or function. Is it possible to do it?
Example:

1 - Filter1
2 - Filter2
3 - Filter3

4 - MainFilter {
Filter1
Filter2
Filter3
}

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #135013
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/20/2017 3:44:40 PM

Short answer is no.

You can however, combine them as long as they each add into the desired end result (in other words, no if/then ability to drive in either direction, only "and/or").

This has been a long-standing request to SF, but there has never been any effort to expand the current syntax beyond it's current state.

gofortips
4 posts
msg #135091
Ignore gofortips
3/24/2017 12:22:53 AM

Thank you Kevin, I think I can mange it but I hope SF will develop this feature in the future.

jmp23834
18 posts
msg #144907
Ignore jmp23834
10/10/2018 8:04:57 PM

I have a similar need to chain filters together. Or have a global for before and a global for after my filter. Is this possible

four
5,087 posts
msg #144927
Ignore four
modified
10/11/2018 4:16:44 PM

Will Watchlists help?
https://www.stockfetcher.com/help/Can-I-create-screens-using-only-Symbols-from-my-Watchlist-s/100261

Will Global Filter help?
https://www.stockfetcher.com/help/What-is-the-Global-Filter/100215

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Calling a filter from another filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.