StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · bollinger bands<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 >>Post Follow-up
dmindy
42 posts
msg #26838
Ignore dmindy
6/12/2003 2:59:40 PM

Todd,

How about a Yahoo Group?

- Its simple.
- It's easy and fast to setup
- It can be restricted to members
- It has mesg board, chat, database. and calendar functions
- You can have several moderators so that one is pretty much always available
- Allows people to read up & posts at their convenience or interact real time if they want

I can help you get this done if it's something you are interested in.

Doug

mika
131 posts
msg #26843
Ignore mika
6/12/2003 3:45:47 PM

Hi all.

Very interesting thread.
I'd like to first thank Muddy for making us aware of his very elegant trading method. I haven't as yet make any money with it, but I just started. ;-) Bought some shares of DYN at 4.35/share today. We'll see how it goes. One thing I've noticed is that I'm very uncomfortable buying stock where average volume is less than 150-200,000 shares/day. 100,000 shares/day would cause me to sell. I've also noticed that buying pressure has significantly decreased over these past days. This includes both "winners" and "losers" using Muddy's method. Is this common using this method Muddy, or is that a red flag we should keep an eye for?

Thanks,

mika.

cjbraun
5 posts
msg #26844
Ignore cjbraun
6/12/2003 3:52:07 PM

igor, the bollinger(20) passing above bollinger(10) seems to catch any sudden price movements, either up or down. I tried it several ways, but with the added decrease in price over 2 days, this seemed to give the best results. The matches for this filter seem to have a better chance of running green for much longer, but then I haven't had a chance to really watch the picks for too long.

todddunning
31 posts
msg #26850
Ignore todddunning
6/12/2003 8:10:12 PM

Doug - yeah a Yahoo group seems like a good way to get things off and running.

I've discussed this with "his Muddyness" himself. I've received a number of interested emails from folks on this thread who wish to do the following:

1. See everybody's picks for the night.
2. Chat and discuss the final picks and new strategies.
3. Live chat during the next day's open so nobody screws up. (This is self-serving)
4. When things go south, the group can come to the rescue, pronto.
5. Lets us give back to muddy, with a dedicated crew trying out new variations on the BB method.

If anybody has suggestions or needs, please email me at todd_dunning("at" sign here)hotmail.com. Doug what is your email?

ig0r
51 posts
msg #26852
Ignore ig0r
6/12/2003 9:18:50 PM

a yahoo group sounds good, count me in

todddunning
31 posts
msg #26857
Ignore todddunning
6/13/2003 3:33:25 AM

ANNOUNCING THE MUDDY FILTER YAHOO GROUP
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stockfetcher/

dmindy
42 posts
msg #26863
Ignore dmindy
6/13/2003 10:30:20 AM

Thanks for taking point on this Tod!

My Email is doug(" AT ")dougmeade.com

dmindy
42 posts
msg #26864
Ignore dmindy
6/13/2003 10:33:43 AM

better use the yahoo address though since it's a yahoo group...

dougyitbos(" AT ")yahoo.com

cjbraun
5 posts
msg #26865
Ignore cjbraun
6/13/2003 11:07:56 AM

I'd love to join as well. e-mail is the_hearers(at)yahoo.com

Thanks,

Chris

robze
1 posts
msg #26866
Ignore robze
6/13/2003 12:04:06 PM

I'd love to join as well. e-mail is robze@globetrotter.net
Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · bollinger bands<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.