StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · SUPER FILTER? HOW TO LIMIT PICKS TO RESONALBLE NUMBER<< >>Post Follow-up
risjr
229 posts
msg #143126
Ignore risjr
4/8/2018 7:27:52 PM

How would you folks narrow the selections down on the following?

SHOW STOCKS WHERE THE AVERAGD DAY RANGE(10) IS ABOVE 12 PERCENT
AND CLOSE ABOVE 1
AND VOLUME(90) ABOVE 50000

ron22
255 posts
msg #143133
Ignore ron22
4/9/2018 8:57:38 AM

Maybe 1 or 2 of the following:
1. market is not OTCBB

2. close above MA(200)

3. volume(90) is above 100,000

risjr
229 posts
msg #143144
Ignore risjr
4/9/2018 9:35:56 PM

Thanks for your response!

jimvin
170 posts
msg #143215
Ignore jimvin
4/14/2018 11:36:50 PM

Although late to the game, here are some dry thoughts from a dry brain (apologies to TS Eliot)...

I add the two qualifier sets below to each of the models I build; they're kept me out of a lot of trouble and are fairly generic and reasonable in application:

Market is not otcbb
Market is not etf

average close(30) is above 3
average volume(30) is above 300000

Beyond those, there are (of course) a variety of qualifiers in evaluating the results depending on your trading style and - most importantly - what you find actually works (not all caveats work well with all models).

With the exception of some of Mac's models that I've modified slightly, I won't trade medical stocks, so I add this to help me weed them out:

Add column sector

When developing a model the Force Index indicator can be powerful:

FI(2)> 100000
Add column FI(2)

The neat little piece of code below - for which I take no (emphasis) credit - can also be powerful, but you need to try various levels to see what parameters work best for your scanning:

set{whiop, weekly high - weekly open}
set{Long_Profit, whiop / weekly open }
set{wkProfitPct, 100 * Long_Profit }

wkProfitPct > 10
draw wkProfitPct
add column wkProfitPct

I'd also look into setting some parameters for the Sharpe ratio...

In evaluating the results, the Fisher Inverse Transformation also works well with some models...

Draw weekly ift(3,1) line at .90
Add column weekly ift(3,1)

...and some really like the ADX qualifier (another module for which I take no (emphasis) credit), although I find Sharpe to better fit my trading pattern:

set{a_d_x, ADX(14)}
draw a_d_x
draw average day range(10) on plot a_d_x
Add column ADX

And that's way more than anyone needed to hear from the likes of me...

jm.v.

risjr
229 posts
msg #143220
Ignore risjr
4/15/2018 10:33:33 PM

Thanks for your input

binque
6 posts
msg #143513
Ignore binque
5/10/2018 11:45:37 AM

How about limited your scope to something reasonable like:

If looking for a bullish trend try limited your scope to:

Show stocks where index is sp1500 and high reached a new 52 week high in the last 90 days

Or If you are looking to go bullishing try limited your scope to:

Show stocks where index is sp1500 and low reached a new 52 week low in the last 90 days

Both of these should give you quite a number of quality picks but limit your universe of stocks with enough volume to move your picks and also pick stocks that are trending either BULLISH or BEARISH.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · SUPER FILTER? HOW TO LIMIT PICKS TO RESONALBLE NUMBER<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.